Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question about weapons

Go down 
+5
Mutlien
Onyx Hammerburst
Congreth
Chaz665(SA)
nulgath
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

question about weapons Empty
PostSubject: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 pm

is it possible to start a round or a match with lancer and retro, or mainly shot guns cuz i dont always use shotguns mainly lancers chainsaws so im not bothered wearing shotgun i would rather use lancer & retro.
ShootChainsaw
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:02 am

Don't think there is any way to do that. Gotta have 1 of the 2 shotguns and then an AR. You should be able to pick up what you looking for fairly soon though.
Back to top Go down
Congreth
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Congreth

Gamertag : Congreth
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:16 am

No, you get to start off with one rifle, one shotgun, and the snub pistol, you will need to replace one of the other with a weapon you find on the battlefield dropped from another player
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:21 am

Smoke Grenade + Assault Rifle + Shotgun + Snub Pistol.

ARs
Lancer
Hammerburst
Retro Lancer

Shotguns
Gnasher
Sawed-Off
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:27 am

Onyx Hammerburst wrote:

ARs
Lancer
Hammerburst
Retro Lancer

Shotguns
Gnasher
Sawed-Off

What's the best mode to play to learn where the weapon drops are on the maps? I seem to have a brain like a sieve and can't ever bloody remember
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:31 am

mutlien wrote:
Onyx Hammerburst wrote:

ARs
Lancer
Hammerburst
Retro Lancer

Shotguns
Gnasher
Sawed-Off

What's the best mode to play to learn where the weapon drops are on the maps? I seem to have a brain like a sieve and can't ever bloody remember

Capture the Leader is what I say. Since it can take a while to win it so you can learn there locations pretty easily IMO. But it's all opinion really. Just don't try Wingman, Weapons take time to spawn so it's not very helpful for your situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:44 pm

To learn anything just play a Private match against bots. You can also just press Back and then B to see an overhead view of the map with weapon locations at any time.

Or even better, just hold LB and you will see where the weopon spawns are through the walls.
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm

what about no weapon selection just empty weapon slots with grenades and a snub pistol?
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:52 pm

nulgath wrote:
what about no weapon selection just empty weapon slots with grenades and a snub pistol?

scratch Huh, what?
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:04 pm

i mean that u choose no weapons and u only have a frag and snub, that would fit me
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:25 am

Its got to be the same rules foe everybody.
Back to top Go down
GreasedUpKoala
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
GreasedUpKoala

Number of posts : 36
Gamertag : BoomItsJacob
GOW cash : 54

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:28 pm

it would be pretty nice if on private matches you could customise your loadout with any weapon you wanted like you can customise the weapons on the map itself.
Back to top Go down
IketheVike
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
IketheVike

Number of posts : 25
Gamertag : IketheVike
GOW cash : 29

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:27 am

Another question about weapons...(didnt want to open a new thread since this topic was perfect). Ok so I am new to this type of fps gaming, I am old (in gamer years) and dropped out of the scene for various reasons I wont name as I dont need you pointing and laughing at me (I have friends for that).
Anyways, I have sat here and read the various debates of how Noobish and unskilled it is to use the Retro, and so am wary of picking it up. The dilemma is that the Retro honestly fits my play style. The only other game i have to compare to is BF3 beta (refference not a plug, I do not wish to discuss this other game) in which I play a support kit using a LMG to lay down lots of fire. I love being the elite sniper but truth is I dont aim well enough, as far as the shotty guy that gets in your face and smokes you into a hole, thats simply too aggresive for my style. So I find myself in between these two classes that seem to permeate the field in GOW 3, the answer should be simple (imo) Lancer. The games mascot weapon, who the hell doesnt want to play a game where you get a gun that has a freaking chainsaw on it!? Yet I find myself pumping rounds, with my lancer as i rarely change weapons, into said target. He has a gnasher in his hands and is roadie running across open ground to rearrange my face, round after round is pumped into his gullet and yet he still has enough life left to turn my head into a mockery of cherry pie! So I am pondering switching to the Retro, as i will not blame my horrid playstyle on the tool, but rather the opperator. I would like to hear thoughts on this, and possibly tips on how to better compliment my middle of the road playstyle (yes I intend on going to the range and practicing my horrid aiming). Thank you for your time and input.
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Retro is definitley way more powerfull, but I think quite a bit harder to use than the Lancer. You have to fire it in bursts otherwise (unless you are quite close to your target) you will spray all over the place and half your bullets will miss. I have been using it recently, mainly because I want the 200 kills so I can unlock the execution, and I love it. The best thing is the charge though. It is really usefull in a lot of situations (running in bayonette at the ready at a spot you know someone from the other side is also running to at the start of a round, throwing smoke and then charging in for a last kill) and beats out the chainsaw by a mile in usefullness. So basically two weapons in one.
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:05 am

I'm just starting to feel the Retro Lancer love.... It's hard to adapt to, but well worth it! I also dislike the 'man charges at me with shotgun, I empty many clips into his face yet he still gets up close and personal blowing my limbs all over the nearest wall' thing - it's really annoying.

I set up a game with bots and thought I'd get to love the shotty game - turns out I'm a bit shit at it lol

Hence the Retro love! How the hell do people get so damn good with the Gnasher?
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:51 am

IketheVike wrote:
Another question about weapons...(didnt want to open a new thread since this topic was perfect). Ok so I am new to this type of fps gaming, I am old (in gamer years) and dropped out of the scene for various reasons I wont name as I dont need you pointing and laughing at me (I have friends for that).
Anyways, I have sat here and read the various debates of how Noobish and unskilled it is to use the Retro, and so am wary of picking it up. The dilemma is that the Retro honestly fits my play style. The only other game i have to compare to is BF3 beta (refference not a plug, I do not wish to discuss this other game) in which I play a support kit using a LMG to lay down lots of fire. I love being the elite sniper but truth is I dont aim well enough, as far as the shotty guy that gets in your face and smokes you into a hole, thats simply too aggresive for my style. So I find myself in between these two classes that seem to permeate the field in GOW 3, the answer should be simple (imo) Lancer. The games mascot weapon, who the hell doesnt want to play a game where you get a gun that has a freaking chainsaw on it!? Yet I find myself pumping rounds, with my lancer as i rarely change weapons, into said target. He has a gnasher in his hands and is roadie running across open ground to rearrange my face, round after round is pumped into his gullet and yet he still has enough life left to turn my head into a mockery of cherry pie! So I am pondering switching to the Retro, as i will not blame my horrid playstyle on the tool, but rather the opperator. I would like to hear thoughts on this, and possibly tips on how to better compliment my middle of the road playstyle (yes I intend on going to the range and practicing my horrid aiming). Thank you for your time and input.

You need to use the lancer with actives only. I do all the time. Shotties don't get through that (most of the time). I drop people insta-quick. I'm very hard to kill in the open field 1 v 1, my lancer vs your Gnasher. But there is so many camping spot in this game that finding "open field" is an exercise in futility for sure. You will not find guys roaming around with Gnashers in Gears 3, unless they know there is cover withing 5 ft from point A to B.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about weapons   question about weapons Empty

Back to top Go down

question about weapons
Page 1 of 1