Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....

Go down 
+12
ClayCarmine
DeImmortalis
foREVer
ukilledkenny7
Losthalo51
ThePublicNME
IketheVike
KiLLUMiNATi9110
Onyx Hammerburst
The Wooden Mask
Mike NFCT
Squaguna
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Squaguna
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Squaguna

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 20
Gamertag : Squaguna8
GOW cash : 32

cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... Empty
PostSubject: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:35 pm

i read it from from gearsofwarclub.com im sure u know about this, but i thought id be cool to see MC in multiplayer online matchmaking only that id prefer.. sadly they turned cliff down.

so tell me what u think? bad idea or good idea... do tell.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:25 am

Bad
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:11 am

Very bad.... MC does not need to be in anymore games... Maybe as an expencive DLC later on or something for Halo fanboys... but still no
Back to top Go down
http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:19 am

Funny, I'm a Halo "fanboy". Yet I'd still turn down ever seeing MC In GoW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
KiLLUMiNATi9110
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : oG KiLLa STaTuS
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:08 am

See i cant actually say i can't see potential here. Recently i just finally beat halo reach, and with gears heavy on the brain i couldnt help but think it would be very interesting if somewhere the stories melded. If even for just like one horde map with a storyline. But, it would never work in reality. Because it would just come out bad like Alien vs predator due to bad idea compromising on both ends. Marcus would fuck the chief up tho, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
IketheVike
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
IketheVike

Number of posts : 25
Gamertag : IketheVike
GOW cash : 29

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:19 am

Negatory, might as well throw Cloud in for good measure if they are going that route.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:44 am

It's a bad idea. If they where going to put in a character in from another game then put in Subzero from Mortal Kombat and make his execution exclusive to his character so he rips of the head and the spine comes out too Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:52 am

Ninjas idea is bad ass Shocked i also love Cloud and MC i was not trying to hate on Halo as i am a fanboy myself, IMO MC would just ruin gears though... He's not that awesome
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:23 am

To be honest if they put it characters from different games would be nice. It's like being multi-cultural get a little taste of everything.
Back to top Go down
ukilledkenny7
New Recruit
New Recruit
ukilledkenny7

Number of posts : 9
Gamertag : ukilledkenny7
GOW cash : 11

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:04 am

They didn't even put in all the characters from the GoW games.
it would be cool but be too overused. Like hayabusa in Halo 3. Seemed cool initially but became so annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.CommunityGamer.com
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:44 am

ukilledkenny7 wrote:
They didn't even put in all the characters from the GoW games.
it would be cool but be too overused. Like hayabusa in Halo 3. Seemed cool initially but became so annoying.

IMO, People found it annoying because all the so-called "noobs" had it. To me it was just another helmet. I used EVA Helmet in Halo 3 most of the time and apparently it's easy to be headshotted with it. Sadly I was the one doing the "BOOM! Headshot!" on them.
Back to top Go down
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Ninja wrote:
It's a bad idea. If they where going to put in a character in from another game then put in Subzero from Mortal Kombat and make his execution exclusive to his character so he rips of the head and the spine comes out too Twisted Evil

That would be badass, another Mortal Kombat character that I want is Smoke and he could start with 4 smoke grenades. Then again all the mortal Kombat characters would be pretty cool in Gears of war. except for Scorpion, anyone who uses the sawed off shotgun would abuse his grapple.
Back to top Go down
DeImmortalis
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
DeImmortalis

Number of posts : 112
Gamertag : DeImmortalis
GOW cash : 142

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Cross gaming hardly works ok capcom seemed to have got it right but I didn't like the Spartan in dead or alive and wasn't overly happy with Freddy kreguer in MK. A halo gears mix doesn't seem right they play out too differently if anything instead of Marcus vs the chief id rather see a bunch of wretches take on a bunch of grunts and maybe a kantus vs jackal.... Hunter vs boommer ...
eff it locust vs covenant. That's sounds and would look way better and play out better as they quite alike more so than cog vs Spartans the other main factor would be the vehicle advantage for halo. So in short in glad they didn't add it as it would of created more spin offs and wasted dlc time space effort and money. Tbh i can't see anything gelled with gears in happy as it is there is still plenty of other gears stories i want to play like a pendulum wars thus building the origin story of Marcus and dom. The fourth carmine. The hollow. Many other things we shouldn't even consider bringing other things in halo is starting to die hence the genre hop and game jumping there's even a warthog in forza what next gears kart ...... Bad gaming times.

Also before people bitch i do like halo i just think its gone all call of duty they can slap halo on a game and expect it to sell they not to bothered with story i mean how many more times must we wonder if the chief is dead.
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:48 pm

If they do end up using characters from different games as part of DLC, as long as it's smaller characters instead of characters everybody knows then yeah im down for it.
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:08 am

That would be nice for Beast mode.... If you can play as all the Locust, vs a team of Covenant insted of CoG.... Would make a nice DLC later on *Hint Hint Epic* lol
Back to top Go down
KiLLUMiNATi9110
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : oG KiLLa STaTuS
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:26 pm

My thing isnt so much about putting a character in another game,but rather having the stories meld. I dont know about the books or anything, but there is some possibility by the stories of both series that Sera could be somewhere faraway in the halo universe or vice versa. And if they had to team up against Locust or covenant or a mixture, it would be nasty in my opinion. Its like the nerdiest idea ever, but i think storywise its strong.
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Marcus and Dom were in Lost Planet 2.. Why not put Master Chief in Gears of War 3.. It gives it imagination. I like that.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Squaguna
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Squaguna

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:41 pm

alright guys i see all of ur points.. but dont u remember unreal tournament 3 that mc in it and goes along with gears too, some more others.. only works on ps3 tho.. sucks yeah.. and i would have to agreed what u said about mc in it is bad idea.. IMO halo fans and gears fan will start dissin of whatever cause... hmm yeah :/.. i gotta admit ur right about that.. but hey who knows what gonna end up.
Back to top Go down
Squaguna
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Squaguna

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:43 pm

and other thing, what im sayin about MC in it.. NOT FOR STORY MODE! NO WAY!! just multiplayer mode if u know what i mean.. so yeah thats it.. just like UT3.. mmm
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:22 am

I understood what you ment, a multiplayer skill like Griffin and such. Still don't think that is a good idea, but a beast mode with Locust vs Covvy sounds kwl
Back to top Go down
Squaguna
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Squaguna

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 am

aiight, and another question... a big IF.. what IF they did put MC in it. would u be disappointed? go.
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:09 am

I would not be really disappointed, just slightly confused. I am a halo fan, but i feel that *even as a Multiplayer char.* he would not fit in. I can see it happening, I just hope it does not. Just imagine what he would look like if you take all the other char's looks, the humpback due to the armour/clothing, so would they have to do the same thing to MC?
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:13 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
I understood what you ment, a multiplayer skill like Griffin and such. Still don't think that is a good idea, but a beast mode with Locust vs Covvy sounds kwl
Why would Locust and the Covenant fight? They both want Humanity's destruction.
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:16 am

Not quite, the Covenant want more along the lines of complete controll, so they would fight anything that could take controll of the planet that they are trying to get. But thats just my opinion
Back to top Go down
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:43 pm

I think being able to choose to play as the covenant in beast mode would be cool, the covenant could have alternate versions of the locust characters.
Berserker-Hunter
Savage drone-Elite etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....   cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3.... Empty

Back to top Go down

cliff tried to get master chief in gears of war 3....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next