Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Hated Weapon?

Go down 
+13
ClayCarmine
Tea Chugger
ThePublicNME
EckoKidV13
v Wookiee v
Chaz665(SA)
foREVer
SuperAznStoner
Phenom 247
Onyx Hammerburst
nulgath
DeImmortalis
GreasedUpKoala
17 posters
AuthorMessage
GreasedUpKoala
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
GreasedUpKoala

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 36
Gamertag : BoomItsJacob
GOW cash : 54

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Excluding the sawn off (because everyone seems to hate that) what other weapon do you seem to hate on multiplayer, in terms of finding hard to use and kill succesfully with or hate when when you opponent is using it.

Personally im a really bad shot with the boomshot and might get maybe one kill within 3 shots (yes im that bad!), and really dislike it when i see an opponent using diggers cause they just destroy cover.
Back to top Go down
DeImmortalis
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
DeImmortalis

Number of posts : 112
Gamertag : DeImmortalis
GOW cash : 142

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:52 pm

I honestly hate the hammerburst and before I get all the whys here's what I told a mate in regards to the hammerburst

I like the flipped active reload the true iron sights the execution and the longrange.... I just hate the gun thou too slow to be a true ar give me a lancer any day
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 11:15 pm

i hate longshot rifle its epically shit
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:59 am

nulgath wrote:
Only if you can't use it. On topic, I hate nothing really, But I dislike the Gnasher.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:43 am

Can't say that I "hate" any weapon, but I'm not a big fan of the Scorcher.
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:49 am

griz696 wrote:
*Gasp* You wouldn't!... I'm kidding. Scorcher is quite a hard weapon to actually use I'd say. It's a bit harder to master than the Digger IMO, Since more than 10 Times I've fired a Digger in the air in Beast and hit an enemy without aiming, And 9 out of 10 of my shots with it hit a target.
Back to top Go down
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 am

retro lancer. too brutal for an AR
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:58 am

Onyx Hammerburst wrote:
griz696 wrote:
*Gasp* You wouldn't!... I'm kidding. Scorcher is quite a hard weapon to actually use I'd say. It's a bit harder to master than the Digger IMO, Since more than 10 Times I've fired a Digger in the air in Beast and hit an enemy without aiming, And 9 out of 10 of my shots with it hit a target.

I think it's the range of it that makes it so troublesome for me. It would be to ridiculously overpowered, though, if the range was any longer, so....yeah. I do try to force myself to use it ever now and then, though, just to make myself more of a well rounded Gear! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:02 am

griz696 wrote:
Onyx Hammerburst wrote:
griz696 wrote:

I think it's the range of it that makes it so troublesome for me. It would be to ridiculously overpowered, though, if the range was any longer, so....yeah. I do try to force myself to use it ever now and then, though, just to make myself more of a well rounded Gear! Very Happy
It is a great weapon for close quarters unless the enemy is using a Gnasher or Retro Lancer, Or a Sawed-Off at melee range. Otherwise it can down someone quite quick. But indeed, It's the range that is quite a problem. It works best in a very dangerous situation. Close range weapons dominate the Scorcher.
Back to top Go down
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:21 am

griz696 wrote:

It is hard to use but you have to admit it has a pretty badass execution.

On topic, I'd say the retro lancer, it does a lot of damage at close range and since I'm a fan of the Gnasher I can't get close to anyone who's using it.
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:37 am

foREVer wrote:
griz696 wrote:

It is hard to use but you have to admit it has a pretty badass execution.

On topic, I'd say the retro lancer, it does a lot of damage at close range and since I'm a fan of the Gnasher I can't get close to anyone who's using it.

Oh yeah, the execution is one of the best IMO...I would never argue against that!
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:00 pm

nulgath wrote:

But...but...that is THE best weapon in the game Shocked

I have had matches where I got 7 kills with the 7 bullets it has.

Worst weapon: For my play it's the Torque Bow. I love it but I just seem to get killed when I have it more than I do any killing.
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Retro Lancer... It's to damn easy to kill people with..

Not sure how you can hate the Gnasher or even dislike it.. Without it.. Gears is like any other game.. The Gnasher is the icon of that game.. Sure the Lancer is the gun EPIC hypes about.. But if you'd ask every person out there they will tell you the shotgun dominated Gears. Which is what I came to love!
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:20 am

Mister_Wookiee wrote:

Not sure how you can hate the Gnasher or even dislike it.. Without it.. Gears is like any other game.
Just opinions bro.
Back to top Go down
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:34 am

edit: forgot i already posted aouot this lolol xD

retro lancer.. downs me all day when i wanna run around like an idiot with my gnasher lol
Back to top Go down
EckoKidV13
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Gamertag : EckoKidV13
GOW cash : 1

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:42 am

Sawed-Off Shotgun Can't get the hang of it... but would love too!
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:28 am

EckoKidV13 wrote:
Sawed-Off Shotgun Can't get the hang of it... but would love too!

Excluding the Sawed-Off Shotgun (but yea that's my most hated too!)

Besides the SOS it would be the Digger Launcher, use to love it in the begining but now it's hard to get kills with it everyone can dodge it real easy, I rarely get killed by it too so it's turning into a pointless weapon. Don't really hate it but the other weapons I don't really have anything to moan about so it's the Digger Launcher for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Tea Chugger
New Recruit
New Recruit
Tea Chugger

Number of posts : 12
Gamertag : Tea Chugger666
GOW cash : 18

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:35 am

I hate the fucking Longshot!
I'm not saying it is a "bad" weapon it's just extremely hard for someone with average aim to use. You have to be dead on or no head shot. The only way I get head shots with it is if someone is standing still other then that it seems nearly impossible.

As far as other weapons go, I don't hate them, the Sawed Off and Gnasher definitely get really annoying to be killed by especially if the person is some cheap dickstick and just rushes from behind. The boomshot is also very annoying to be killed by but its more fair since they are hard to get.
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Tea Chugger wrote:
I hate the fucking Longshot!
I'm not saying it is a "bad" weapon it's just extremely hard for someone with average aim to use. You have to be dead on or no head shot. The only way I get head shots with it is if someone is standing still other then that it seems nearly impossible.

As far as other weapons go, I don't hate them, the Sawed Off and Gnasher definitely get really annoying to be killed by especially if the person is some cheap dickstick and just rushes from behind. The boomshot is also very annoying to be killed by but its more fair since they are hard to get.

Best tactic for the Longshot is to target enemies distracted by your team mates. You cannot run in and fight with it. Be sneaky and flank from a distance. Then just wait for a guy to pop out of cover to try shoot at your teammates. Or shoot him in the head by aiming between his shoulders while he is ducking down. If you miss someone or just wound them don't try hitting them straight away again. They will know you are there and run around to avoid you. Rather try see if there is someone else in the area who is still unaware of you.
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Sawed-off by far, it's over-used to the extreme.
Back to top Go down
shadow gear
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 2
GOW cash : 23

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:55 am

I hate the new gorgon pistol I just think that its damage and accuracy is poor compared to the one in GOW2
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:09 am

shadow gear wrote:
I hate the new gorgon pistol I just think that its damage and accuracy is poor compared to the one in GOW2

Totally agree with this! Nothing quite like hiding behind a shield and destroying bloodmounts with a Gorgon pistol in Gears 2!!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:16 am

I don't really hate any. I've been landed with hammerburst in campaign quite a bit recently, and I have to say that I really like the iron sights. If you're bobbing in and out of cover, you don't have to click back into it, which is quite useful.
Back to top Go down
L7 Prodigy L7
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
L7 Prodigy L7

Number of posts : 64
Gamertag : L7 Prodigy L7
GOW cash : 80

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:27 am

I personally hate the hammerburst because many people love to use turbo remotes and they spam active reload shots at me.I go down and die in less than a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:53 pm

ones when i played GOW 2 i made 5x headshot and killed a whole team with long shot but still hate it, same as gnasher, scorcher, mortar, minigun.

but digger, cleaver and hammerburst and retro, i like epically
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Most Hated Weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Weapon?   Most Hated Weapon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Hated Weapon?
Page 1 of 1