Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ninja's Beast mode strategy

Go down 
+5
Mutlien
Pibutzki
Chaz665(SA)
androsity13
ThePublicNME
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Ninja's Beast mode strategy Empty
PostSubject: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:56 am

I'm Beast at Beast mode and I'm confident in this guide I'm gonna write. Unlike in Horde where it's all about kills for cash Beast mode gets you cash for kills and destroying fortications. Wrong, you also get cash for damaging fortications and damaging the cogs plus cash for assists too. You'll find out more...

I've got 4 out of 7 Onyx medals and 3 of them are gold and almost done plus 1 of them I have got twice over (extra 5000 points towards leveling up).

This strategy I use is not boosting I play Beast online by selecting standard and not private and play completely with randoms which is probably why this strategy works well.

Start the first wave with a ticker (not wild ticker), and be the ticker until you have unlocked tier 3, then you be the grenadier, usually this unlocks for me anywhere from wave 5 to 8 depending on how well you did with the ticker. Then be the grenadier until wave 12 and for the final wave be the Berserker.

Now with the Ticker you don't want to run straight into an enemy or a fortication, it's all about damage, you want to position your Ticker in a way where it will cause damage to COG and fortifications at the same time. You will rack up more cash doing this and when a COG is killed by someone else you will also get extra cash for the assist. As long as you are near COGS and fortifications you will cause damage. 95% of the time I finish at the top on every round and sometimes without even a kill or a destroy.

I'm trying to explain it best I can without a video to show you but the idea is to be in the centre between a COG and a fortification but keeping the distance between the 2 not that far apart so you cause maximum damage to both. Also, if you use your left bumper you can see which fortifications are weak so go and blow up those, not on them but close enough to destroy them and do damage to something else close by at about the same distance.

Also, when there is only 1 COG left just go to the nearest fortications and explode, I consider this as bonus cash lol

With Tickers it is cheap and you can get around fast. If you are about to blow a fortication sometimes it's better to let a COG shoot you when you are on it because the explosion caused by being shot at causes more damage.

Now to the Grenadier which to me is a same job as the Ticker except you get lots of kills, when you spawn switch to the grenade and throw this to where there is most COGS/fortifications and then run in with the Gnasher and kill as many as possible until you can throw a Grenade again. Repeat until wave 12 when you be the Berserker and by using the LB button you can focus mainly on destroying fortifications, by doing this you will end up downing a lot of Onyx guards but just leave them for the other guys playing concentrate on fortifications.

By using this strategy you will always end up on top.

There are stratigies I have for each map too but I won't go into too much detail on that I have played Beast so many times I almost have the Onxy twice over for that and it's easy now to understand the spawn points of the COGS and there base layouts depending where they start. I suppose this guide won't work so well without a map strategy also but you'll figure it out if you play it enough.

It's best to do it with randoms there is always someone who is Kantus to help revive you when you are the Grenadier but can sometimes be annoying when someone picks the Berseker on Wave 8-9 onwards.

This was a quickly written guide from the top of my head (and not checked for spelling errors yet) but I'll improve it after I've re-read it lol

Should help those who like Beast mode to improve, get more cash, points and get those medals quicker.

EDIT: Best maps to vote on for this strategy, Mercy, Gridlock, Thrashball, also Checkout isn't that bad but in this order.

Last edited by Ninja on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
androsity13
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
androsity13

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 82
Gamertag : androsity13
GOW cash : 94

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:00 am

sounds good to me...thanks for the advice ninja!
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:10 pm

But would a team of tickers be effective? I would think for this to work it is important that there is a blance.

For me the best thing in Beast is the armoured Kantus. Holy shit, that thing is a beast (lol). Bullets do basically nothing to it and it is awesome going all Sonic the Hedgehog on the COG's ass.
Back to top Go down
Pibutzki
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Pibutzki

Number of posts : 38
Gamertag : Pibutzki
GOW cash : 35

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:00 pm

Hmm, think I'm gonna give this a shot later tonight. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:28 am

Excellent work Ninja!
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:39 am

Chaz665(SA) wrote:
But would a team of tickers be effective? I would think for this to work it is important that there is a blance.

For me the best thing in Beast is the armoured Kantus. Holy shit, that thing is a beast (lol). Bullets do basically nothing to it and it is awesome going all Sonic the Hedgehog on the COG's ass.
I find my armour being pointless as an Armoured Kantus. I do better as a Savage Boomer in taking damage, And he doesn't have armour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:41 am

Onyx Hammerburst wrote:
Chaz665(SA) wrote:

I find my armour being pointless as an Armoured Kantus. I do better as a Savage Boomer in taking damage, And he doesn't have armour.

Im always either a Ticker, Savage Grenadier, Savage Boomer, or *my favorite* NORMAL KANTUS!! lol Idk why but I love Kantus
Back to top Go down
http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:44 am

Cheers Ninja, how long did it take you to type that post? Lol.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:53 am

ClayCarmine wrote:
Cheers Ninja, how long did it take you to type that post? Lol.

A few minutes I'm a very fast typer lol I need to revise it though there is alot more I should of said about being the Ticker in regards to being stealthy with it. Like the laser wires I hide behind the object that holds one end and wait for a COG to pass through so I can run in (ignoring the COG because it didn't see you anyway). Plus all kinds of others tips. Will revise asap
Back to top Go down
Gear of chesse
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Gear of chesse

Number of posts : 59
GOW cash : 72

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:19 am

Sounds good, is this why you are ALWAYS on beast?
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:21 am

Gear of chesse wrote:

I just want to get all the 7 Onyx medals for it I miss playing Horde and multiplayer although I do mix my game up here and there.
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:22 am

Ninja wrote:
Gear of chesse wrote:

I just want to get all the 7 Onyx medals for it I miss playing Horde and multiplayer although I do mix my game up here and there.
I want to get all the medals as well. Beast is my favourite game mode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Beast mode strategy   Ninja's Beast mode strategy Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninja's Beast mode strategy
Page 1 of 1