Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is how decent players perform badly.

Go down 
+7
androsity13
ThePublicNME
Mutlien
Skagdrew
ClayCarmine
The Wooden Mask
Tea Chugger
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tea Chugger
New Recruit
New Recruit
Tea Chugger

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 12
Gamertag : Tea Chugger666
GOW cash : 18

This is how decent players perform badly. Empty
PostSubject: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:45 am

Hello are you usually good at Gears of War 3?
But do you have those games where you just flop? No matter how hard you try?
Well I can give you some reassurance. I know I get down sometimes when I do really badly in a game. But it's not always your fault.

You see if you are staying back shooting enemies with your medium range weapons but get overwhelmed by numbers and get killed. Then this is not your fault. This commonly happens to good players when their teammates are very bad and get killed off too quickly. So it's not like they can help take the load off.

Now if you are dying a lot because you rush into heavily populated areas and get your face blown off with a shotgun. Or you retro lance charge blindly into battle when the enemy can clearly see you. Then you suck at this game and should maybe stay away from verses multiplayer.

-Or you could stop making these mistakes. When you are at a medium range from your enemy pull out your MEDIUM range weapon.
-When they are getting close pull out your CLOSE range weapon.
-When you see that there is a lot of enemies in area, don't try to be rambo and run in guns blazin, throw a smoke grenade and stay clear of that area until more teammates arrive to help.
-The retro lancer does not suck, you do. This weapon should be used shooting short bursts so that the recoil and bloom don't fuck up your accuracy to high hell.

Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 am

Or blind fire the retro at close range if you do not feel you can switch or are out of ammo. Always helps me ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Blind-firing the retro from medium range is a no-go in my books.
Back to top Go down
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:14 pm

My bad games tend to coincide with shitloads of alcohol.
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:23 am

Skagdrew wrote:

this!
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:53 am

Skagdrew wrote:

I was going to agree with playing with randoms and having bad team mates until I read this

Chainsaw + drunken = Beat up
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
androsity13
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
androsity13

Number of posts : 82
Gamertag : androsity13
GOW cash : 94

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:07 am

yeah, that is soooo true! lol then i tend to get even more angry since i'm hammered.
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:30 am

androsity13 wrote:
yeah, that is soooo true! lol then i tend to get even more angry since i'm hammered.
I usually collapse on the floor but not out of anger, out of too much alcohol lol.
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:31 am

I would not know, i don't drink lol. But i do get worse when im tired as hell
Back to top Go down
http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:54 am

ClayCarmine wrote:
Blind-firing the retro from medium range is a no-go in my books.

Mine too, and it's a major part of why I won't put away the lancer for it, ever. I don't deny its amazing stopping power against those trying to close distance with shotguns, but its long-range game isn't there at all, and it isn't realistic to hipfire it past shotgun range. With the normal lancer you have not only strong mid-long range power, but you can also hit cover and blind fire (if you're good at it you can easily drop someone rushing you or force them into cover etc) or strafe + hipfire to drop someone quickly as you round a corner to follow someone who is damaged. For any other conceivable situation where the lancer isn't strong, players have a shotgun. I consider using anything but the lancer as an AR to be cherry-tapping, although cherry tapping can be fun.

With the retro you basically have ADS, charge, and melee at most ranges. Blind fire is very unreliable and hip fire is barely effective outside melee range (you might be better served just hipfiring until close and then going for the beatdown). You also get less map coverage -----> you can't down people in engagements with teammates from across the map effortlessly.

As for OP topic, obviously rushing into crowds like an idiot can screw you, but good players don't do that anyway. What hoses good players is, in fact, an uncoordinated team. I don't care how good you are, if the other side has boom shot and torque bow and is aiming down sights at your spawn to gib you and/or your teammates the instant you lose spawn protection your team is going to lose. No matter how good 1 guy is, he can't prevent that by himself (3+ people in the area of a power weapon force you back or kill you).

I see examples cut both ways in practice all the time. I play with parties of 2-4. Guy on our side 1 round gets 20 kills and is easily MVP. Next round he's with the bad players and does all he can, which is good for 7-8 kills and ~10 deaths as his team goes 0-2. He didn't play badly, he just didn't have a chance. I've been on both sides of that kind of outcome personally too. What do you do? You can sit in spawn and watch the other team just aim at it and kill your teammates that try to leave, or you can try to leave but probably get 3x lancer'd (or power weapon'd) down yourself. If your whole team stays at spawn, you just lose on stock lol. There's no way out; the losing team has to rush the winning team while the winning team has power weapons, and that's game over if you have scrubs for allies. You will do badly in that situation. I will do badly in that situation. The best player in the world would do badly in that situation, though that guy probably has a good team to avoid getting into it.

Gears is a team game. It's hard to win without one.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:23 am

[quote="TheMeInTeam"]
ClayCarmine wrote:
I see examples cut both ways in practice all the time. I play with parties of 2-4. Guy on our side 1 round gets 20 kills and is easily MVP. Next round he's with the bad players and does all he can, which is good for 7-8 kills and ~10 deaths as his team goes 0-2. He didn't play badly, he just didn't have a chance. I've been on both sides of that kind of outcome personally too. What do you do? You can sit in spawn and watch the other team just aim at it and kill your teammates that try to leave, or you can try to leave but probably get 3x lancer'd (or power weapon'd) down yourself. If your whole team stays at spawn, you just lose on stock lol. There's no way out; the losing team has to rush the winning team while the winning team has power weapons, and that's game over if you have scrubs for allies. You will do badly in that situation. I will do badly in that situation. The best player in the world would do badly in that situation, though that guy probably has a good team to avoid getting into it.

Let me tell ya, this is why come tomorrow, and especially November 8th Gears will see great reductions in the number of people playing competitively. The facts are that people don't like to rely on other people. For example, in your neighborhood during a hurricane, such a storm may out a few traffic lights on a busy intersection, which causes chaos as many people "wait" around for their brethren to let them go. But no one knows when it's their time to go, so everyone assumes it must be their turn. In typical FPS games, ones doesn't need to rely on their teammates being good or securing weapons or planning coordinated flanks, but in Gears TDM it's a must. I have many ideas that could have alleviated this effect, but the best one would be to give the lancer true power. As it stands, it's almost necessary to active reload, and even then you may not get the down/ kill before you are flanked by SOS users who turn a game of chess into checkers, breaking map control and creating chaos and campy behavior. I don't know where I was going with the hurricane stuff, so disregard me as I'm merely howling into the wind, again.

Edited the quote-Sole

Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:48 am

Randoms ruin K/D. That's the truth of it lol...

That being said.. I have taken on a 5 man team while I had all bots before and I did fairly decent.. Pretty sad when I work better with bots then I do randoms.. The reason I think this is the issue.. They are annoying.. They grab power weapons they aren't good with.. They steal your kills when there is no logical reason to do it..

They frustrate you, so there for you play out of focus.. Which makes it frustrating and makes you do things you wouldn't normally do.

The Retro Lancer shouldn't be as strong as the Gnasher either at close range.. This to me is frustrating.. Makes me one to throw kittens. But other then that.. That game takes strategy and I for one.. Hate Rifle battles.. They can be boring and drug out and make you just end up doing things to get the game moving. Gears is not a fun when it's slow paced. That's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Mister_Wookiee wrote:
Randoms ruin K/D. That's the truth of it lol...

They frustrate you, so there for you play out of focus.. Which makes it frustrating and makes you do things you wouldn't normally do.

THIS^
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:50 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
"I see examples cut both ways in practice all the time. I play with parties of 2-4. Guy on our side 1 round gets 20 kills and is easily MVP. Next round he's with the bad players and does all he can, which is good for 7-8 kills and ~10 deaths as his team goes 0-2. He didn't play badly, he just didn't have a chance. I've been on both sides of that kind of outcome personally too. What do you do? You can sit in spawn and watch the other team just aim at it and kill your teammates that try to leave, or you can try to leave but probably get 3x lancer'd (or power weapon'd) down yourself. If your whole team stays at spawn, you just lose on stock lol. There's no way out; the losing team has to rush the winning team while the winning team has power weapons, and that's game over if you have scrubs for allies. You will do badly in that situation. I will do badly in that situation. The best player in the world would do badly in that situation, though that guy probably has a good team to avoid getting into it.

"

Let me tell ya, this is why come tomorrow, and especially November 8th Gears will see great reductions in the number of people playing competitively. The facts are that people don't like to rely on other people. For example, in your neighborhood during a hurricane, such a storm may out a few traffic lights on a busy intersection, which causes chaos as many people "wait" around for their brethren to let them go. But no one knows when it's their time to go, so everyone assumes it must be their turn. In typical FPS games, ones doesn't need to rely on their teammates being good or securing weapons or planning coordinated flanks, but in Gears TDM it's a must. I have many ideas that could have alleviated this effect, but the best one would be to give the lancer true power. As it stands, it's almost necessary to active reload, and even then you may not get the down/ kill before you are flanked by SOS users who turn a game of chess into checkers, breaking map control and creating chaos and campy behavior. I don't know where I was going with the hurricane stuff, so disregard me as I'm merely howling into the wind, again.

I don't know which game is coming out on nov 8, but let's put it simply:

In both CoD and BF3, to do well in TDM against a competent team, you still need a competent team.

Shooters that don't involve strictly FFA require a good team. Position means a lot in CoD (I'm also pretty good there) as you can spawn-juggle weaker teams as they try to exit through chokes and it's very hard for them to do anything about it. Map control is still there; being able to cover a larger portion of the map with your weapon is pretty universal in team shooters. The bells and whistles + lack of power weapon pickups don't change the reality.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:49 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:
Mike NFCT wrote:
"I see examples cut both ways in practice all the time. I play with parties of 2-4. Guy on our side 1 round gets 20 kills and is easily MVP. Next round he's with the bad players and does all he can, which is good for 7-8 kills and ~10 deaths as his team goes 0-2. He didn't play badly, he just didn't have a chance. I've been on both sides of that kind of outcome personally too. What do you do? You can sit in spawn and watch the other team just aim at it and kill your teammates that try to leave, or you can try to leave but probably get 3x lancer'd (or power weapon'd) down yourself. If your whole team stays at spawn, you just lose on stock lol. There's no way out; the losing team has to rush the winning team while the winning team has power weapons, and that's game over if you have scrubs for allies. You will do badly in that situation. I will do badly in that situation. The best player in the world would do badly in that situation, though that guy probably has a good team to avoid getting into it.

"

I don't know which game is coming out on nov 8, but let's put it simply:

In both CoD and BF3, to do well in TDM against a competent team, you still need a competent team.

Shooters that don't involve strictly FFA require a good team. Position means a lot in CoD (I'm also pretty good there) as you can spawn-juggle weaker teams as they try to exit through chokes and it's very hard for them to do anything about it. Map control is still there; being able to cover a larger portion of the map with your weapon is pretty universal in team shooters. The bells and whistles + lack of power weapon pickups don't change the reality.

Well MW3 comes out on the 8th at least here in the states. The reason why MW as a series is so alluring is because you can play it a variety of different ways. There are modes in which team play and map control are essential; however, there are players so good that they can often overcome superior teams single-handely. This never happens is Gears TDM. Unlike TDM modes in other shooters, one person cannot dictate the outcome of match in Gears. The movement is too slow, but most importantly seeing your enemy first and firing half a clip of AR may not down them/kill them as I said. That creates campy behavior, instead of the confident swagger you see from elite players in twitch based shooters. In such a shooter, a player and his rifle may enter a room of campers and have his way, but in gears these campy players have frag-tagged the entrance, and are camping behind impenetrable cover. You are at a massive disadvantage. You will never kill one of these campers. Half the time you don't know exactly where they even are, because there isn't any UAV or Radar as seen in other shooter. So in the end you enter said room, maybe avoid the tagged entrance but then you are instantly killed by either the SOS user camping the entrance or the 3 lancer focus firing on you as you try to get at least one kill.
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:12 am

although i dont play GOW 3 i do know some proper gaming techniques alot of times my bot team got killed and i was left in insane mode, i always hide in strategic areas, when the retards come i either tag em or shotgun em, i may not be called pro gamer in GOW but since i played my last proper multiplayer match 2 years ago and i got better than ever, true that bots are f*****g retards but, in insane they are not that easy to kill as on hard lvs, i always used my basic weapons maybe except changing my hammerburst to bowgun, if someone thinks im a noob, i say they are stupid, u should always train before going to war, thats what Chingis Chan, said before going to his first ever battle, thats why i train still before buying GEARS OF WAR 3.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:19 am

nulgath wrote:
although i dont play GOW 3 i do know some proper gaming techniques alot of times my bot team got killed and i was left in insane mode, i always hide in strategic areas, when the retards come i either tag em or shotgun em, i may not be called pro gamer in GOW but since i played my last proper multiplayer match 2 years ago and i got better than ever, true that bots are f*****g retards but, in insane they are not that easy to kill as on hard lvs, i always used my basic weapons maybe except changing my hammerburst to bowgun, if someone thinks im a noob, i say they are stupid, u should always train before going to war, thats what Chingis Chan, said before going to his first ever battle, thats why i train still before buying GEARS OF WAR 3.

huh?
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 1:31 am

forget the chingis chan thing basically train before overkilling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is how decent players perform badly.   This is how decent players perform badly. Empty

Back to top Go down

This is how decent players perform badly.
Page 1 of 1