Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FriskyMandingo
New Recruit
New Recruit
FriskyMandingo

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 16
Gamertag : FriskyMandingo
GOW cash : 26

Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 Empty
PostSubject: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:07 pm

ok i am having trouble with the gunker on the bridge at the start of the chapter. im on insane and as soon as i drop from the wire it throws its gunk at me and i die OR it hits me with its arm, both of which are one hit kills.

any advice would be greatly thanked.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

Clan : MNM
Number of posts : 292
Gamertag : Asphalt Mayhem
GOW cash : 318

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Hey FriskyMandingo,

If you need help, Im always happy to help you.

Just send me a request & I'l join.

GT:Asphalt Mayhem
Back to top Go down
FriskyMandingo
New Recruit
New Recruit
FriskyMandingo

Number of posts : 16
Gamertag : FriskyMandingo
GOW cash : 26

PostSubject: sad face   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:51 am

i would but my live ran out and can't play online.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:10 am

As soon as the stalks come up shoot the pod that the Gunker comes out of and it won't come out. Then the next stalk on the left do the same thing. Might be difficult doing it on your own but it saves you having to fight them if you can do it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:12 pm

I tend to avoid playing campaigns on Insane for simple fact, I get easily frustrated. I have little ears around the house and can't be doing that lol.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Azrahgade wrote:
I tend to avoid playing campaigns on Insane for simple fact, I get easily frustrated. I have little ears around the house and can't be doing that lol.

I had help from the amazing mutlien, he quickly shot the stalks so it avoided the gunkers spawning "whoooooo, wipes forehead"

Mutliens a top player & really good at the game but he humps turrets lmfao
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:09 am

Asphalt Mayhem wrote:
Azrahgade wrote:

I had help from the amazing mutlien, he quickly shot the stalks so it avoided the gunkers spawning "whoooooo, wipes forehead"

Mutliens a top player & really good at the game but he humps turrets lmfao

My humping days are over Asphalt! I am now having an affair with the Silverback as she is the only damn bitch I ain't owned lol and btw - nice compliments man, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:13 am

Lol damn that silverback bitch is a toughie, gonna take alot of loving & spending to crack that baby open!!!

But yeh Mutlien is a legend of a dude.

Mutlien, can you help me with beast insane when theres at least 4 other quality players like yourself online? & they arent playing MW3, BF3 or Skyrim lol
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:22 am

Asphalt Mayhem wrote:
Lol damn that silverback bitch is a toughie, gonna take alot of loving & spending to crack that baby open!!!

Mutlien, can you help me with beast insane when theres at least 4 other quality players like yourself online? & they arent playing MW3, BF3 or Skyrim lol

Tomorrow night from 9pm ok with you?
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:34 am

mutlien wrote:
Asphalt Mayhem wrote:

Tomorrow night from 9pm ok with you?

You are a freaking legend, thanks Mutlien Smile
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:52 am

FriskyMandingo wrote:
ok i am having trouble with the gunker on the bridge at the start of the chapter. im on insane and as soon as i drop from the wire it throws its gunk at me and i die OR it hits me with its arm, both of which are one hit kills.

any advice would be greatly thanked.

I basically roll backwards and sprint off in a random direction sliding into immediate cover as soon as I land!!

Not particularly scientific but seems to work for me. Of course shooting the bastard with super reload on from that point is the icing on the cake!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1   Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some advice for "Hanging by a thread" in Act 1
Page 1 of 1