Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XBox Live Arcade

Go down 
+5
foREVer
Vambo
The Wooden Mask
Sole
Mutlien
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:16 am

What recommendations can you give me for Games off the Arcade Marketplace?

I play Limbo, Pinball FX2 a lot and I like the Magic 2012 games. I am thinking of getting Crysis - I loved Crysis 2 but is it worth it?

Any games from there you can't live without or would recommend as good fun? (I heard there's a game by Epic on there - Shadow Complex or something?)
Back to top Go down
Sole
Cole Train
Cole Train
Sole

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 479
Gamertag : STEADY KNOCKIN
GOW cash : 462

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:12 am

Trails HD
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:25 am

Sole wrote:
Trails HD

I've heard this is pretty good before.... Is it the kinda game you can just jump on for half hour and have fun? I'm not really looking for something I have to put pure time into....
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

Clan : DEED
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:13 am

mutlien wrote:
Sole wrote:
Trails HD

I've heard this is pretty good before.... Is it the kinda game you can just jump on for half hour and have fun? I'm not really looking for something I have to put pure time into....

Minecraft ^.^ You can just jump on and mine everything for a while, or put your time into it and create huge worlds
Back to top Go down
http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Neil, let me know how Crysis is if you get it. I'm thinking of getting it at xmas.
Back to top Go down
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:35 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
mutlien wrote:
Sole wrote:
Trails HD

Minecraft ^.^ You can just jump on and mine everything for a while, or put your time into it and create huge worlds

Minecraft is on Xbox live arcade? I thought it was PC only. I should check this out.
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:59 am

Vambo wrote:
Neil, let me know how Crysis is if you get it. I'm thinking of getting it at xmas.

It's not too disimilar to Crysis 2 mate - looks and playability! I tried it out over the weekend at my friends house so will definitely be buying it soon - just waiting to finish Skyrim off before hand...

I did get Gatling Gears yesterday for a total destruction fest and it's much fun! Well worth a look if you are a fan of MAYHEM.
Back to top Go down
DeImmortalis
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
DeImmortalis

Number of posts : 112
Gamertag : DeImmortalis
GOW cash : 142

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Mine raft is next year there is a vid up atm looks good I can't wait love mine raft and im bored of the clones on the indie games total miner and castleminer z probably the better ones.

I like old school arcade titles like playing sonic adventure so many memories of good good timeslol .... If you a fan I also recommend the deadlist warrior games
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

Clan : MNM
Number of posts : 292
Gamertag : Asphalt Mayhem
GOW cash : 318

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:50 am

I love Castle Crashers lol
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 4:37 am

Since I bought Rayman Origins for the kids, I don't wanna play anything else!

Retro 2D Platforming at it's finest. LMFAO.
Back to top Go down
W1Z22
Founding Member
Founding Member
W1Z22

Number of posts : 568
Gamertag : W1Z22
GOW cash : 518

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:02 am

minecraft is COMMING to XBLA

play dungeon seige
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:28 am

CastleMiner Z is fairly fun lol
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:55 am

I've seen these miner titles mentioned a few times - what's the deal with them? Not really sure it's my thing.....?
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:30 am

mutlien wrote:
I've seen these miner titles mentioned a few times - what's the deal with them? Not really sure it's my thing.....?

Well, CastleMiner Z is more of a zombie fighting game in the MineCraft world. You know the blocks and such. There are three diferent game modes. Endurance, Survival, and Freebuild.

In Endurance you try to get as far as you can from the center of the game *which is a giant lighthouse* while fending off hordes of zombies and skeletons.

Survival is where you build a base and stockpile as much weapons and ammo as you can during the day, then fend off the horde at night.

Freebuild is just what it says, no zombies or skeletons and you can just build whatever you want.

Hope that helps a bit ^.^

Oh and its a Indie Game. Not Arcade ^.^ only 240 points for it i belive.

Last edited by BadOmenYourWay on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention its a Indie game)
Back to top Go down
Agent of Destruction
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 10
GOW cash : 10

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:38 pm

It all depends on your tastes. A lot are just as immersive and time-consuming as big release games. But if you after titles that you can play for short stretches, anything by PopCap usually fits the bill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

XBox Live Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Live Arcade   XBox Live Arcade Empty

Back to top Go down

XBox Live Arcade
Page 1 of 1