Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Absolute NOOB to Horde!

Go down 
+2
Ninja
Mutlien
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

Absolute NOOB to Horde! Empty
PostSubject: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:41 am

My friend has today decided to see what all the fuss is about on Gears. Why did he buy Gears 2? Because game are selling it off for £4.99 and he can't go wrong with that kinda money!

So, he will be online tonight and making his first journey into the land of Horde - anyone want to come along for some retro fun?

I am quite envious of him getting to see all this for the first time - And, I really don't know which map to start him off with (he will have no extra maps so just the ones the original game came with)

Is Day One an original map? It's been that bloody long lol hope to see some of you later tonight (from 9-10pm GMT)
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Had a great time playing this last night. Your mate was very good, It's a good job he was there actually as we were getting a bit fed up of carrying you. Wink

Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:40 pm

he should play in the map which looks like 2 buildings... a train way between it, its good for noobs, thats where i started. found it easy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duckboy004
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 2
GOW cash : 2

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:30 am

I am said 'NOOB' lol. Thank for the intro to Gears guys had a great time and will most definitely be back for loads... loads and well loads more.

'Big ups' to Mutlien, Public and Candy for such a great introduction and making it so much fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:49 am

Duckboy004 wrote:
I am said 'NOOB' lol. Thank for the intro to Gears guys had a great time and will most definitely be back for loads... loads and well loads more.

'Big ups' to Mutlien, Public and Candy for such a great introduction and making it so much fun Very Happy

A massive welcome to the forum - thanks for joining up!

We're all huge Gears fans here obviously and love spreading the Horde joy! Just wait until you pick up GOW3 - awesome fun!!

As for Gears 2, we should do Nowhere - 11-50 next along with the Campaign!

Last edited by mutlien on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : /)
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:33 am

Duckboy004 wrote:

Welcome to the forum Mate. It was fun last night.

Oh and by the way I noticed Gamestation are selling GOW3 for £19.99.....BARGAIN!
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:50 am

That IS a bargain!!!
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

Clan : MNM
Number of posts : 292
Gamertag : Asphalt Mayhem
GOW cash : 318

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:28 pm

£19.99? already, jeez that was quick.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:09 am

If you think that's good, check this out....
http://www.game.co.uk/en/gears-of-war-3-limited-edition-121881
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Duckboy004 wrote:

Was a good laugh and considering you havent played it you were really good, much better than me and i've been playing a while now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Publik NME no1 wrote:
If you think that's good, check this out....
http://www.game.co.uk/en/gears-of-war-3-limited-edition-121881

OMG. That's ridiculous!!!
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:28 am

And said NOOB has purchased Gears 3 this evening.... looks like his XBox gaming has just gone for the next 12 months lol!

He said that he will be finishing off gears 2 with the cheevos etc before he plays it....what odds you putting on that not happening? LMBBO

(Laugh my bald bonce off)
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:38 am

Get on Gears 3 horde ASAP! You on tonight Mutlien?
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:40 am

I might be on later - won't get home until 10pm tonight and then sorting some stuff out.... It'll be around 11, half 11 even before I get on... If you're around we can get a few rounds of Horde in or something!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:10 am

We'll probably be on. give us a shout. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duckboy004
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 2
GOW cash : 2

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:45 pm

... I'm still waiting for my GOW3 to come. I'm hoping that I get home tonight and it's there! I can't explain just how jealous I am sat there in a party with you guys hearing all the jaw dropping moments on 3 and I'm there on my own working through the second sob sob... not that I'm not having fun it's awesome... I just want to be playing the same one as everyone one else... I suppose I only have myself to blame for not getting 2 a LOT sooner when everyone was playing it!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:59 am

Cool, feel free to give a shout if you want to play. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 4:11 am

Duckboy004 wrote:
... I'm still waiting for my GOW3 to come. I'm hoping that I get home tonight and it's there! I can't explain just how jealous I am sat there in a party with you guys hearing all the jaw dropping moments on 3 and I'm there on my own working through the second sob sob... not that I'm not having fun it's awesome... I just want to be playing the same one as everyone one else... I suppose I only have myself to blame for not getting 2 a LOT sooner when everyone was playing it!

I believe you were GIDDY.COM all day at work today lol.....hope it turned up for you dude.

Gonna be a fun night tonight either way - Publik - you up for some more retro horde on gears 2 with Duckboy if his GOW3 doesn't show up? Maybe do that before we finish our insane run on RAAM?

UPDATE: Duckboy has now got GOW3. That's the end of his social life for the forseeable future lol
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:18 am

Another hilarious night last night. Are we all up for another Beast run on Sunday night.....we were so close. LOL

It's the "Beasts on the cheap" event. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
Another hilarious night last night. Are we all up for another Beast run on Sunday night.....we were so close. LOL

It's the "Beasts on the cheap" event. Very Happy

Definitely!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolute NOOB to Horde!   Absolute NOOB to Horde! Empty

Back to top Go down

Absolute NOOB to Horde!
Page 1 of 1