Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
itsbenniblack
General RAAM
General RAAM
itsbenniblack

Clan : Kryll Ever
Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 174
Gamertag : Huskieee
GOW cash : 214

all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!! Empty
PostSubject: all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!!   all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:12 am

So i figured out this method that has helped me so much that between waves of 1 and 15
im averaging as number 1 - 3 in scoring and kills when playing with 5 people (especially pros)..
ok so what you do is!!!

Play Horde on "Private", Difficulty on "Normal" with "Invite Only" selected so no one jumps in.
by doing this you are by yourself to set up defense and forts, you force yourself to learn the course,
and you learn ways to manuver better because your by yourself. by myself i have been able to
get better to where i can make it to wave 6 on my own. AND YES IT IS HARD TO DO!!! but if you can get that far by yourself just imagine now when you play horde with other fellow GOW3 players. you now stand a chance
of getting more than half a kill assist and spotting things for other players because your dead lol...

i hope this helps!!
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!!   all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:00 am

Good advice I would add that if you are playing private the Overpass map is the best choice since you can hold the stairs for quite some time on your own and using the fortifications to your advantage. The sentry gun sure helps once fully upgraded even just to stun the enemies as they come up giving you plenty of time to fill em' full of bullets
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
itsbenniblack
General RAAM
General RAAM
itsbenniblack

Clan : Kryll Ever
Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 174
Gamertag : Huskieee
GOW cash : 214

PostSubject: Re: all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!!   all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:47 am

thats a great tip also didnt think about that!!
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!!   all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Yeah, I did a similar thing on the Overpass map when I first started and managed to get to level 24 before being over run lol

Stood me well though as it really improved my Horde skills!
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!!   all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 pm

mutlien wrote:
Yeah, I did a similar thing on the Overpass map when I first started and managed to get to level 24 before being over run lol

Level 24!!! You really are the one man army lol!
I got to level 6 but i did it on the map that's like one big room? Forget the name but its quite good cause you can just mow them down with the turret gun and you can see them coming!
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!!   all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:09 pm

SnarlingCandy wrote:
mutlien wrote:

Level 24!!! You really are the one man army lol!
I got to level 6 but i did it on the map that's like one big room? Forget the name but its quite good cause you can just mow them down with the turret gun and you can see them coming!

I know - it was mental and my adrenaline was buzzing on every round!! I built up the base at the top of the stairs focussing on the fences first, then upgrading the sentry (which really helps with it's position on the stairs) and finally the command centre on Hammer of Dawn for the boss waves.

I might try it again sometime actually and see how far I can get....
Back to top Go down
DeImmortalis
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
DeImmortalis

Number of posts : 112
Gamertag : DeImmortalis
GOW cash : 142

PostSubject: Re: all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!!   all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:56 pm

I like trenches you can hold the very top with one shot easy sentry guns and fences only trouble is random grenades and gunkers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!!   all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!! Empty

Back to top Go down

all the noobs & people who want to get 10X better at Horde!!
Page 1 of 1