Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.

Go down 
+6
nulgath
BigStu4q
Ninja
Corroded
Rearview
L7 Prodigy L7
10 posters
AuthorMessage
L7 Prodigy L7
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
L7 Prodigy L7

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 64
Gamertag : L7 Prodigy L7
GOW cash : 80

Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:14 am

There were plenty of good maps to play in.The new characters look pretty good.Although there should be more locust characters but I feel satisfied with the new maps.
Back to top Go down
Rearview
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Rearview

Clan : KEC
Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 97
Gamertag : III SoPur3 III
GOW cash : 148

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:42 am

The overuse of the new Locust characters is a little annoying, but overall it's a nice DLC imo. =P However, Epic seriously has to fix that party bug issue when joining versus matches. Only Fenix Rising players are affected. =(
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:44 am

agree with ya, maps are spacious and small, and lots of good spots to play in, agree with the locust thing, we need more locust people hopefully the beast DLC or whatever they are gonna do it, so i guess we can cross our fingers for it.
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 am

I'm very happy with the DLC. The Re-Up system has given me a reason to start trying harder as I'd gotten a bit lazy after getting my wings.
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:38 pm

so its not just me having problems connecting to matches?

am happy with the new maps and characters, not to keen on anvil for beast tho
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:22 pm

i want some lambent locusts
Back to top Go down
DeImmortalis
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
DeImmortalis

Number of posts : 112
Gamertag : DeImmortalis
GOW cash : 142

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:35 am

I like the new maps each one has its own mode which its best on and different ways of playing it. New skins where ok I guess I played beta and earned cole train and have started using him again lol my mate is more pissed off as he pre ordered at a greater cost to get a savage kantus as we all knew it would be rare and there is hardly a difference in the two skins at least cole train has a new helmet and colour swap. I hope there will be a beast dlc as id like more to play with also I want a third lancer as I want the "gut puncher"... For those who don't know that's a lancer fitted with a grenade launcher ... Not sure how they would curb overuse thou perhaps you only have as many to fire as you do actual own for example to restock you have to pick up frags.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:39 am

The Fenix Rising version of Cole Train looks awful. I agree there's quite a bit of difference between him and the Beta one.
The savage kantus however looks pretty much the same.
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:27 am

I'm a bit disapointed with it to be honest, the skins are ok and maps seem very similar, to me its a lazy DLC filler for season pass holders. But at least it adds a few more maps for playing horde on to pass the time for re-up (prob the only decent thing to be added) I feel the price we paid for season pass we should be getting more campaign DLC not multiplayer filler.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:10 am

I think that the new maps feel really fresh, with the exception of escalation, which I'm bored of already. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:20 am

They look fresh because they are, noones played them before, but as a whole they feel the same as each other.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:47 am

We'll agree to disagree on that one. Wink
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:49 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
We'll agree to disagree on that one. Wink

Because you know I'm right but your still in the honeymoon stage of gears where everything they do is the best thing since sliced bread. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:06 am

I just don't see which ones you think are similar to be honest. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:17 am

I like the maps - other than that, I don't really see any value in the new DLC. The re-up thing offers more longevity... It's a bit meh for me, sorry.
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:18 am

does any1 agree with me that there should be in one of the dlc's a possibility to use weapons that are only available in campaign like the volcan turrent (or something like that) and a cleaver of course
Back to top Go down
L7 Prodigy L7
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
L7 Prodigy L7

Number of posts : 64
Gamertag : L7 Prodigy L7
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:17 am

Well the vulcan is overpowering to tell you the truth and the cleaver would be useless to use in versus since well you can get chainsawed using it and the shotgun will most likely blow you to bits.
Back to top Go down
Pawly
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Pawly

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 41
Gamertag : Pawly Pocket
GOW cash : 49

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:00 am

Escalation is a little unbalanced with the power weapons even though I get why they're at the bottom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.   Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC. Empty

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on the Fenix Rising DLC.
Page 1 of 1