Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snipers Sniping..?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xxMalachaixx
New Recruit
New Recruit
xxMalachaixx

Clan : FooL
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 11
Gamertag : xxMalachaixx
GOW cash : 20

Snipers Sniping..? Empty
PostSubject: Snipers Sniping..?   Snipers Sniping..? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:17 am

I'm looking for someone to help me out with sniping.. I had a friend on Gears 2 who I used to 1v1 with using only snipers and trying to get headshots. I got pretty beasty at that.. But now, I'm looking for a new partner to practice with on Gears 3. My old one kinda.. disappeared on me. And alas, I am not so beasty at sniping anymore.. :/
Yea I have this same topic posted somewhere else.. wasn't sure if it was the right or wrong place, so I'm posting it here again, just in case.. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://funnyjunk.com/user/xxmalachaixx
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

Snipers Sniping..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snipers Sniping..?   Snipers Sniping..? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:22 am

just make one post per request please
Back to top Go down
2pacalypse Now
New Recruit
New Recruit
2pacalypse Now

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 16
GOW cash : 18

Snipers Sniping..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snipers Sniping..?   Snipers Sniping..? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 pm

I cannot snipe in gears at all!!! Any FPS i can snipe, but in gears im pathetic at it!! Maybe try bots??
Back to top Go down
Spookycolt
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 4
GOW cash : 6

Snipers Sniping..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snipers Sniping..?   Snipers Sniping..? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:56 am

Load up a game of Horde on a map with the Longshot and practice away. Don't build fortifications so it forces you to run around and shoot on the fly.

The key to sniping is never to zoom in. You have to lead them with your aim marker and hit em when they enter it.

If all you use is the longshot you will find yourself improving. Just takes a bit to get the hang of it. In MP you never really have time to set up a shot so practicing on Horde helps you to learn how to "stick and move" basically.

There is also a pattern to most of the enemies that you'll see. Smaller enemies like drones will find cover and stick their head up once. That's when you shoot. They will duck again, pop their head up quickly, then move out. Use their tactics to your advantage.

Once you get good at hitting them without zooming you can switch to real people which act differently so require different tactics but at least your quick aim should be improved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snipers Sniping..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snipers Sniping..?   Snipers Sniping..? Empty

Back to top Go down

Snipers Sniping..?
Page 1 of 1