Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What character do you use?

Go down 
+2
wamprat16
TimeMuffin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TimeMuffin
New Recruit
New Recruit
TimeMuffin

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 8
Gamertag : TimeMuffin PhD
GOW cash : 16

What character do you use? Empty
PostSubject: What character do you use?   What character do you use? EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:31 pm

I tend to use either of the following: Anthony Carmine, Recruit Clayton Carmine and Commando Dom, however I've noticed when a lot of people are deciding what character to use they go for the females because of the smaller hit-boxes. Which I think is ridiculous, I just pick whatever character I like the most not the one that's going to give me the advantage in-game. What are your views on this?
Back to top Go down
wamprat16
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
wamprat16

Number of posts : 24
Gamertag : wamprat16
GOW cash : 34

PostSubject: Re: What character do you use?   What character do you use? EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:20 am

I usualy go for Baird in horde but at the moment I'm going the female characters in mulitiplayer but not for their hit box, that sounds wrong silent , but for the battle mistress onyx medal. Once i've played enough its back to Baird. Fav locust would probably be Miiner.
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: What character do you use?   What character do you use? EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:48 am

I believe there's already a thread on this topic....
Back to top Go down
hbgrotp
New Recruit
New Recruit
hbgrotp

Clan : SKN
Number of posts : 10
Gamertag : KG Angelic
GOW cash : 14

PostSubject: Re: What character do you use?   What character do you use? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:48 am

ive heard about the hit boxes too. i play as benjamin carmine or anya for cog and for locust i play myrrah or my favorite GOLDEN HUNTER!
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: What character do you use?   What character do you use? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:09 am

Hit boxes are the same.

I can see using smaller characters anyway though because they give a slightly better view of the screen since they take up less visual room.

Just pick whoever you like using.
Back to top Go down
TimeMuffin
New Recruit
New Recruit
TimeMuffin

Number of posts : 8
Gamertag : TimeMuffin PhD
GOW cash : 16

PostSubject: Re: What character do you use?   What character do you use? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:00 am

Forgot to mention my Locust, but I don't actually have proper characters I use for Locust. Probably Hunter Elite or one of the dozen variations.
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: What character do you use?   What character do you use? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:33 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:
Hit boxes are the same.

hit boxes arent the same
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: What character do you use?   What character do you use? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:48 pm

BigStu4q wrote:
TheMeInTeam wrote:
Hit boxes are the same.

hit boxes arent the same

Hmm, I did some research and you're correct. I apologize for misleading OP then.

That's an epic fail, in both senses of the word. They really SHOULD be the same, but they are not the same at all!

It seems therons have it the worst.

In that case, I change my advice to "use whatever character you like that doesn't expose himself behind cover etc".

The girls are a good bet, and you can work towards that elusive "battle mistress" too then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8UwvkvDaXU&feature=channel&list=UL

Time to test to see if the carmines are better, and if anybody other than the queen herself can get the better cover hitboxes for locust...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What character do you use?   What character do you use? Empty

Back to top Go down

What character do you use?
Page 1 of 1