Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holding the X button

Go down 
+5
GearsGuy
Vambo
Losthalo51
whodeycp
ThePublicNME
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Holding the X button Empty
PostSubject: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:03 am

Is stupid! It took me a while to figure out how to pick up a weapon I was pressing X and nothing happening so you have to hold X not just for weapon pick ups but for ammo, revive team mate etc. All the GOW and GOW 2 X button presses you now have to hold it in for a few seconds I can't see the idea behind this it's stupid if you ask me
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 433
GOW cash : 279

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:24 am

It is not so bad once you get used to it. I don't think you have to hold in x to revive a teammate, i think that is just pressing x.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:22 am

I've already figured out a trick if you are running to weapon to pick it up hold X just before you get to it and it will pick it straight up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 4:20 pm

cool thanks for the tip
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:37 am

whodeycp wrote:
It is not so bad once you get used to it. I don't think you have to hold in x to revive a teammate, i think that is just pressing x.

I'm sure you have to hold the X button also to revive teammates. I remember a part last night I was trying to revive a player and there was that much ammo/weapons laying next to him it kept trying to pick those up instead of reviving my team mate the X button should give the priority to the revive instead of the time duration of picking up close by ammo/weapons
Back to top Go down
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

Number of posts : 433
GOW cash : 279

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:56 am

Ninja wrote:
whodeycp wrote:

I'm sure you have to hold the X button also to revive teammates. I remember a part last night I was trying to revive a player and there was that much ammo/weapons laying next to him it kept trying to pick those up instead of reviving my team mate the X button should give the priority to the revive instead of the time duration of picking up close by ammo/weapons

I will have to check. I was playing last night and revived quite a few people and do not remember having to hold the x button. I should be on again tonight and will report back.
Back to top Go down
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:54 am

This is a good addition. You press x to revive a team mate and hold x to pick up a weapon.

Too many times in Gears 2 I picked up a weapon when I was trying to revive a mate.

Big improvement IMO.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:30 am

Yea you don't hold X to revive a team mate but it's not so easy to pick them up if there is lots or ammo/weapons next to him/her

Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:02 am

then crawl away from ammo and revive.
Back to top Go down
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Ninja wrote:
Yea you don't hold X to revive a team mate but it's not so easy to pick them up if there is lots or ammo/weapons next to him/her

That's a detection issue and is the same in all the Gears games when you're trying to single out certain ammo amongst more than one dropped weapon close together.
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:00 am

see the game doesn't know that there are different weapons laying next to each other. so the game is doing what it's told
Back to top Go down
GearsGuy
New Recruit
New Recruit
GearsGuy

Number of posts : 9
GOW cash : 9

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:25 pm

yeah i play a lot of wingman in gears of war 2 and think that this helps a lot becuase sometimes when my partners down and needs to be revived when i press x to revive him it sometimes picks ammo up and then i dont have time to pick him up again! does anyone think this will help
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:27 am

I don't think the new system changes it at all. Even though you have to hold for weapon pick up and just press to revive a teammate but still the game doesn't prefer to pick a player up over picking weapon/ammo up. There should be a priority where there is a downed player with weapons/ammo laying around him/her so that the x button revives the team mate and doesn't juggle randomly between weapon/ammo/player if you know what I mean
Back to top Go down
Droid InsAniTY
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Gamertag : Droid InsAniTY
GOW cash : 4

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:09 am

i like the idea because i hate when i accidentaly trade my gnasher for another primary weapon in a fight
Back to top Go down
COGKane
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
COGKane

Number of posts : 63
Gamertag : COGKane
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:22 am

this is miles better improvement hlding the x button sometimes pressing x you pick up wrong thing but not anymore so yea this is good and makes alot of diference i found when playing the beta its better lol
Back to top Go down
Noble E
New Recruit
New Recruit
Noble E

Number of posts : 9
Gamertag : the noble e
GOW cash : 11

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:42 am

I don't really mind that you have to hold the X button but I wished in gears of war 3 they would reduce the time it take's to pick up weapon's or ammo or just remove it completely as it's a bit pointless in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:16 pm

it slows you down more or less
Back to top Go down
Peebl0
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Peebl0

Number of posts : 143
Gamertag : PlaguesSpreader
GOW cash : 178

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 am

It's a good addition, it clears mistakes like reviving and picking ammo/weapons up. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holding the X button   Holding the X button Empty

Back to top Go down

Holding the X button
Page 1 of 1