Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM Empty
PostSubject: Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM   Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:06 am

And not TDM no DLC, which has servers?

Basically they're choosing no extra content + no servers over no extra content + servers.

Seems pretty nonsensical to me that the exact same playlist with superior networking is played drastically less.

Also, why did epic have to make bots SO @#$%@#%@#%$@#%$@#%$@ terrible? Make them comparable to an average player. Raise their awareness and accuracy until it happens. Don't make it so that a team with 1-2 bots vs team of 5 is insta-loss if the players are even remotely comparable in ability!
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM   Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:42 am

they are for those who like training solo, even i do that
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM   Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:27 pm

i was having this discussion earlier today. it doesnt make sense to me. although i never get surprised by peoples willingness to f**k other players up. maybe some of them just use it to prevent others from using the servers
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM   Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:20 am

Quote :
they are for those who like training solo, even i do that

No, they're the exact same content. The only difference is that the (oddly) more-used playlist is the one that uses individual players as hosts instead of epic's servers. Using servers eliminates host advantage and in the VAST majority of cases reduces the lag for every player who would not otherwise be the host.

It makes a big difference. On someone's host it's possible to pull a host where you die to gnasher while the guy in front of you literally looks like he's aiming 45 degrees off to the side. That never happens on servers; when you get blown to bits they're facing right at you and always at the right range, and when you blow them to bits you know it was because you outplayed them and not due to a lag advantage Smile.

Servers are strictly better.

Quote :
maybe some of them just use it to prevent others from using the servers

I'm not sure I understand the draw of doing so. Are you saying that some players are running TDM without servers because they have a good connection and believe they'll pull host consistently, or are you saying something else that I'm not realizing :p?
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM   Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:40 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:
And not TDM no DLC, which has servers?

Basically they're choosing no extra content + no servers over no extra content + servers.

I suspect they are not aware, that's the only thing I can think of. Either that or they have such a great connection they often get host advantage!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

PostSubject: Re: Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM   Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:22 am

Ninja wrote:
. Either that or they have such a great connection they often get host advantage!

Thats what i meant Team
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM   Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:24 am

Even so, not everyone can pull host, and lots of people have at least cable. Net code will favor clusters of people drawing a host in that area over 1 guy further away so even on a very good connection you can get screwed a bit. Somehow I doubt > half of those guys have fios or something lol. My guess is that

Quote :
I suspect they are not aware

is the right answer, which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

PostSubject: Re: Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM   Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:36 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:

Quote :
I suspect they are not aware

is the right answer, which is a shame.

perhaps, but like i said, i'm never suprised by the lengths people will go to win at a game
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM   Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:26 am

I agree with you, I just think the sheer numbers (10k vs <1k) makes that seem a little off. It's like >90% of players would have to think they have better connections than most other people lol.

Players that are willing to use any edge to win but have slower connections, or players looking for fair competition would both favor servers. I'm not saying it's not possible that some of the regular players are trying to abuse a great connection, but I think that's a small % of that population playing the non-server playlist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM   Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do people with no DLC play normal TDM
Page 1 of 1