Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AChumbawumba
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 8
GOW cash : 12

Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? Empty
PostSubject: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:51 am

Last night I got onto gears, pressed start, and the loading screen bringing up new menus took longer than usual. When I finally got logged in, I got all the beta medals, got skins for beating the campaign on insane, etc. But My rank was set back to 1 (i was a green 69 or 70), all my ribbos were gone, all my medals were gone, all my other skins, mutators, EVERYTHING. Is this a glitch, or did Epic reset me for some reason? I didn't boost or anything...
I REALLY want all my stats back, how should I fix this? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Unless you've got a back up save on a stick you're pretty much screwed. Were you playing split screen? That seems to be the biggest cause of it. If you are playing split screen you must always back out of the game to the start menu before turning off your console.
Back to top Go down
AChumbawumba
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:17 am

Well, crap! I wasn't playing split screen, haven't in a while..
Are you SURE there is no way to fix it? This ruined the game for me! I wasted hours trying to get onyx medals, all the ribbons, etc. and now I'm annoyed every time I log in with the yellow icon saying you got new stuff. Hours of gameplay gone. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:41 am

Here's a link to a thread that may help.....But it doesn't look good.
http://gearsofwarzone.niceboard.org/t2343-rank-reset-and-back-up-info?highlight=reset
Back to top Go down
AChumbawumba
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:09 am

Well that forum you gave me would have helped if I weren't so impatient. I started playing the game again and got a couple new (old) stats :/
But what can I say? I love Gears, I wouldn't want to stop playing to wait on a reply to this forum Razz

Thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:21 am

No probs. What level did you have to drop to?
Back to top Go down
AChumbawumba
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 7:09 am

i WAS a green 69 or 70 with at LEAST 10 onyx medals and 130 ribbons. I lost it ALL-back to level 1.

But now I'm a 23 and mostly play guardian..
Back to top Go down
AChumbawumba
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:23 pm

See, my game just froze again. I ejected it this time instead of turning the console off... My rank and everything is still here Very Happy Not that it was a whole lot, but still!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Level 1 !!!! That's grim Mate. Have you got the game installed onto your console? That might stop the freezing issue.
Back to top Go down
AChumbawumba
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 6:01 am

No I normally don't install games. Takes up tons of space doesn't it?
I don't have much room left, I'll have to go and clear some up Razz
Back to top Go down
AChumbawumba
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:15 pm

I just noticed this, but I lost everything except for (well, achievements too, but that's not connected to the servers) my campaign gameplay. I have every single level beaten in 4 player co-op on insane, except for Act 5, Chapter 4. The second to last level. Not sure why that is, have you a clue?
Back to top Go down
Longshot Master
New Recruit
New Recruit
Longshot Master

Clan : Planet Zer
Number of posts : 7
GOW cash : 11

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Check if your rank is the same on the epic games website to see if wether you were hacked or not, and also if you have internet connection then its something else. I would contact microsoft and ask them, they most likely could give you the reason.
Back to top Go down
Marble_ETARD
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Gamertag : Marble_ETARD
GOW cash : 1

PostSubject: reset   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:53 am

My system would start freezing every time i went to load my profile at the start up screen. i found a way to fix it just so i could play again. had to delete my profile just on gears. lost all medals and ribbons. i was a red 70, would have been blue by now but no. i have always loved all the gears games always will. but this happened to me in GOW2 as well, twice. Would be nice if I could get all my nice stuff back. I was not playing split screen and i don't quit matches. i took a 20 min. break got on and that's what happened.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:01 pm

I've been hearing a lot of reports about this lately. I've started backing up my saves on a USB and on cloud....just in case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?   Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why was I reset, And how Do I fix it?
Page 1 of 1