Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da Empty
PostSubject: Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da   Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:03 am

Stores across the UK are gearing up for the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops II tonight in a variety of different ways, some of which Activision may not be pleased with.

A number of retailers, including Simply Games, started delivering pre-ordered editions of the game as early as Friday, breaking its street date by up to three days.

Simply Games is currently pretending the whole thing is a big misunderstanding, but the truth is rather obvious. Getting copies out to customers early results in a big sales boost.

Those that get Black Ops II early should not be afraid to play it online. Game design director David Vonderhaar has confirmed on Twitter that those with legitimate copies of the game will not be punished.

What’s more, Treyarch does not intent to reset the stats when the game official launches. The only things you’ll be punished or banned for are documented here.

So if you’ve ordered a copy and it arrived early, happy blasting!

Meanwhile, Blockbuster and GAME will open a combined 769 stores at midnight tonight, for those that haven’t got their hands on the game yet.

A number of GAME stores are also holding special events to celebrate Black Ops II’s launch, with goodie bags, various military-themed stuff, pre-play events in cinemas and all sorts.

There’s also a dirty great big Call of Duty: Black Ops II Live e-sports event going on in Holborn, London, which you can either head along to or watch online.

more details here

[x360a]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da   Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:36 am

Now this winds me up... thousands/millions of players are going to start playing tomorrow to be greeted by anal nerds who have had 3 extra days to unlock ridiculous weapons so they can demolish the "n00bs". Although they aren't n00bs they just got stitched by a company who uses shady release tactics.
1 day is fair enough but 3 is a joke.

I'm tired and really don't care as much as that sounds like I do. Laughing

Sleep
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Re: Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da   Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:23 pm

I know what you mean mate, it can be very annoying. Still think a stats reset for these sort of cases are acceptable, everyone should start out at an equal level, I understand not everyone get the game on release day but its such a huge game that most people do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da   Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 am

I gotta agree with both of ya on this one....I'm not a huge COD fan, but any extra play time can afford a HUGE advantage in these games, as those that play them a lot would probably be willing to grind out a rediculous amount of play time just to get that edge....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da   Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da Empty

Back to top Go down

Stores Gear Up for Black Ops II Launch with Broken Street Da
Page 1 of 1