Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what ya up too?

Go down 
+2
Ninja
TheBlueOmen
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Just thought would do a topic where we can just come on and have a chat about anything really, and people can come here and sort of chat with other that are online at the same time, sort of like a chat box, so what ya been doing today? Hows it going? what game you been playing? Going for any achievements, stuff like that really.

I've been trying to 100% Saints Row: The Third at the moment, So close, Was on till 3 last night then realised that my daughter will be awake at 7, lol so went to bed, be doing the same tonight unless I can actually find some Gears 3 matches, as last night could I hell as like find a horder or beast match. Arrgghhhh.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 pm

I was planning on playing gears last night, but realised that Candy and I only have a few days to get the Dead Space 3 DLC done.

I love this game. It's been top draw from the word go.
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 am

Yeah you gotta get those games done before judgment, can't believe you haven't finished it yet, is the story campaign really that long?
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:11 am

Re-read I'm playing the DLC. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:34 am

Oh sorry dude, wasn't paying full attention, that's cool.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:17 am

The Campaign was awesome. It was abut 25 hours and I loved every minute. This more than made up for the let downs that were Aliens:CM & Resy 6.
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:19 am

I'm taking a break from doing housework and thought i'd see whats going on.

GOW3 is currently playing away to itself on CTL to try and get me the onyx medal today/tomorrow.

I like saints row the 3rd, have 100%'d it without DLC, can't afford to get it Sad
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:28 am

The DLC is loss easy to max out! Good fun tho
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:37 am

been playing the Early Access Demo a bit, i actually like the overrun mode, its Tower Defense GEARS style lol
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:44 am

lol, so can't wait fir tomorrow!! Lol
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:02 am

Dude that "sing along" game has made me wanna just hear that tune, lol, great choice Publik!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:00 am

Off work with what Candy calls "Man Flu". pale
Back to top Go down
Kyrat89
Graphics Manager
Graphics Manager
Kyrat89

Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 938
Gamertag : KYRAT89
GOW cash : 1153

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 1:43 am

Working and trying to buy Judgment codes online lmao got jungle tai for 2.50, and also doing cheque journals for my boss, pain in the ass tbh
Back to top Go down
http://kyratdesigns.motionsforum.com/
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 2:12 am

Man flu is no myth as scientists prove men suffer more from disease

Man flu is not a myth, claim scientists, who found men suffer more because they invest in their spirit of adventure at the expense of their immune system.

Men's ability to turn a sniffle into flu and a headache into a migraine has long been a source of irritation to wives and girlfriends.

But the new research suggests that they are not faking it and that they suffer diseases more seriously and for longer.

Scientists believe it is the male predilection for a "live fast, die young" lifestyle that means in evolutionary terms they have failed to build up their immune systems like females.

That means that they not only catch more diseases but they tend to suffer more seriously, and for longer, from them.

A team at the University of Cambridge came up with the theory by applying a mathematical model to the various factors that characterise males and females.

It predicts that the adventurous lifestyle of the male means that they are more exposed to disease but paradoxically this reduces their immunity.

The reason is that they invest more energy in maintaining the ability to reproduce while ill and also take the view they will be reinfected quickly so do not need to have such a strong immune system.

Dr Olivier Restif, of the University of Cambridge, said: "In many cases, males tend to be more prone to get infected or less able to clear infection.

"Proposed mechanisms include interference between male hormones and immunity, as well as risk-taking behaviour.

Men compete more with each other than females do, because of the male strategy to "live hard, die young' which means they may invest less in immunity.

Dr Restif and colleague Dr William Amos assessed how the evolution of male and female immune defences is affected by differences between the sexes.

Dr Restif said: "An increase in male susceptibility or exposure to infection favours the spread of the pathogen in the whole population and therefore tends to select for higher resistance or tolerance in both sexes if the cost of immunity is essential.

"But above a certain level of exposure, the benefit of rapid recovery in males decreases owing to constant reinfection.

"This selects for lower resistance in males, ultimately leading to the counterintuitive situation where males with higher susceptibility or exposure to infection than females evolve lower immunocompetence."

The finding published in Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences suggests that 'man flu' is not a myth.

Across a range of animal species, males tend to be the "weaker sex" in relation to immune defences, usually because of hormonal differences.

Dr Restif said: "Our results show that, under a range of genetic and ecological constraints, males and females can evolve different levels of immune defences, sometimes at odds with intuitive expectations."

He said that maintaining the ability to mate was more important to men than getting better, yet for women it was the other way around.

"Under this scenario, the model predicts that overall, females should try to clear infection rapidly, regardless of the relative risk of catching infection," he said.

"In contrast, males are selected to decrease their immune defences and remain sexually active during infection if their exposure to infection is high."

"On the other hand, even if males have a strong immune system that clears infection, they will become reinfected rapidly, so the effective benefit of immunity is low."

There ya go mate :-) "man-flu" is a real thing!!!

Telegraph Newspaper
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 2:16 am

Also so close to 100% Saints Row:The Third, only got one achievement and only need to do 2 challenges fir it then I'm done :-) plus very close to finishing insane run on Gears of War: Judgment
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 5:09 am

OwnWorstNME wrote:
Man flu is no myth as scientists prove men suffer more from disease

Man flu is not a myth, claim scientists, who found men suffer more because they invest in their spirit of adventure at the expense of their immune system.

Men's ability to turn a sniffle into flu and a headache into a migraine has long been a source of irritation to wives and girlfriends.

But the new research suggests that they are not faking it and that they suffer diseases more seriously and for longer.

Scientists believe it is the male predilection for a "live fast, die young" lifestyle that means in evolutionary terms they have failed to build up their immune systems like females.

That means that they not only catch more diseases but they tend to suffer more seriously, and for longer, from them.

A team at the University of Cambridge came up with the theory by applying a mathematical model to the various factors that characterise males and females.

It predicts that the adventurous lifestyle of the male means that they are more exposed to disease but paradoxically this reduces their immunity.

The reason is that they invest more energy in maintaining the ability to reproduce while ill and also take the view they will be reinfected quickly so do not need to have such a strong immune system.

Dr Olivier Restif, of the University of Cambridge, said: "In many cases, males tend to be more prone to get infected or less able to clear infection.

"Proposed mechanisms include interference between male hormones and immunity, as well as risk-taking behaviour.

Men compete more with each other than females do, because of the male strategy to "live hard, die young' which means they may invest less in immunity.

Dr Restif and colleague Dr William Amos assessed how the evolution of male and female immune defences is affected by differences between the sexes.

Dr Restif said: "An increase in male susceptibility or exposure to infection favours the spread of the pathogen in the whole population and therefore tends to select for higher resistance or tolerance in both sexes if the cost of immunity is essential.

"But above a certain level of exposure, the benefit of rapid recovery in males decreases owing to constant reinfection.

"This selects for lower resistance in males, ultimately leading to the counterintuitive situation where males with higher susceptibility or exposure to infection than females evolve lower immunocompetence."

The finding published in Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences suggests that 'man flu' is not a myth.

Across a range of animal species, males tend to be the "weaker sex" in relation to immune defences, usually because of hormonal differences.

Dr Restif said: "Our results show that, under a range of genetic and ecological constraints, males and females can evolve different levels of immune defences, sometimes at odds with intuitive expectations."

He said that maintaining the ability to mate was more important to men than getting better, yet for women it was the other way around.

"Under this scenario, the model predicts that overall, females should try to clear infection rapidly, regardless of the relative risk of catching infection," he said.

"In contrast, males are selected to decrease their immune defences and remain sexually active during infection if their exposure to infection is high."

"On the other hand, even if males have a strong immune system that clears infection, they will become reinfected rapidly, so the effective benefit of immunity is low."

There ya go mate :-) "man-flu" is a real thing!!!

Telegraph Newspaper
Nice one! I'll be sure to pass this on to my unsympathetic Mrs. LOL
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:02 pm

THANKS DAVE! lol!

And Publik Blah Blah Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Well I really can't be arsed today, no energy or motivation, need to gut the whole house for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:22 pm

trying to avoid washing the dishes. although when i've done them i get to play some judgement Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:24 pm

I don't even wanna see how many dishes I've got waiting for me, lol
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:04 pm

I'm putting my bets on for the Grand National. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:23 pm

OwnWorstNME wrote:
Well I really can't be arsed today, no energy or motivation, need to gut the whole house for the weekend.

How come? You re-decorating? Smile
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:05 pm

I got my bets on for the National, Weord Al & SeaBass!!!

No Candy not redecorating got someone coming round Sunday to view the house.
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Placed my bets too! Oscar Time and Cappa Bleu...Come on you neddyssssss!!!!

Ah right Dave, hope all goes well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So what ya up too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what ya up too?   So what ya up too? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what ya up too?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gears of War Fans :: GENERAL FORUMS :: Off Topic-
Jump to: