Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers Empty
PostSubject: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:41 pm

Xbox One continues to suffer at the hands of angry gamers, with the fight now taking place on the official Xbox Facebook page.
Published on Jun 18, 2013
Xbox One's reputation has taken another blow, as angry spammers have attacked theofficial Xbox Facebook page.

All recent posts on the Facebook page have ASCII middle fingers spammed in the comments section in response, the most visible target being the cover photo which tells users to reserve the 'Day One Edition' of the console.

Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers 360361
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Oh dear, how sad. If they don't like it it's simple. Don't buy it. The end. Cool
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:10 pm

SnarlingCandyOh dear, how sad. If they don't like it it's simple. Don't buy it. The end. Cool

I agree with you that this is sad but what you need to realise is of course people are going tot be hugely pissed off about the steps Xbox are taking, Gaming industry is HUGE, it's bigger then Movies, and Microsoft was the king. 
So when they turn their backs on the gamers in favour of the publishers and making as much money as they can the gamers are going to be upset, is not as simple as I you don't like it don't buy it to many people, they have put in a lot of money, time, effort in too xbox360 whether it be their gamer score, how much they have spent on DLC, avatar items, backgrounds, movies, and so on and now they are faced with the xboxone and losing all that time and effort and money because they are losing their rights to do what they like with THEIR own games! 
Dont get me wrong I don't agree with Microsoft and their steps they are taking but I also have the same thinking as you, I don't like it so I'm not going to get it! Simple! But I can, and you and many others who complain about the complainer need too understand why so many people are up set! Smile
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 pm

Well, maybe not e most mature way to show you're upset, but I can't say I disagree with them....
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Yeah agree mate, its not a great way of showing your disappointment or anger in a way that would make Xbox listen, lol
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:56 pm

If they were totally getting rid of the 360 then i might think differently but people still have a choice over their console's and can still play on the 360 which they have pointed out.
Also it's always going to be and has always been about squeezing as much money as possible out of the gamers. Any gamer who thinks otherwise is delusional lol!

I can understand that people what to do with there games what they want to do but Sony are doing the same thing so it's just what's going to happen. Unless the majority of people in the world agree (that it's a load of bollocks about pre-owned) and don't buy the console's then it's the only way microsoft and sony are going to listen as it's all about the money, money, money, not posting crappy messages on fb.
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:18 am

The big downfall for Xbox which Sony has got right is the fact that yeah they might be stopping the trade in (well the publishers are, not Sony) you can at least still borrow your friends your game, People are really not happy Xbox is stopping that, no matter how they spin it they have stopped it, this whole as long as your in the room with your eyes closes and spin around 50 times then walk backwards as you leave the room THEN your friend can play your game just doesn't float for Gamers. Sony has hit the spot just right, you're able to lend your games to your mates no hassle and if you wanna trade them in that's fine by them BUT it depends on the publisher & Retailer.

As for the money part, Yeah of course its about making money, no person goes in too a business NOT wanting too make as much money as they can the BIG difference is charging people to play games that someone already owns, trade-ins is a whole different story, the BIG thing people seem to be offended by Microsoft for (well part from the Kinect, Clock-Ins and such) is this whole if your friend wants to lend you a game THEY have bought then why should microsoft stop you or charge you. 

yeah they may not be getting rid of the 360 YET, they will do in a few years, so saying stick with the 360 when your meant to be trying to get people to want your new machine is basically saying " yeah we know what we are doing is wrong and will piss people off but don't forget we have a real gaming machine you can still use..... oh and by the way we have a new exact same model coming out for you too buy as well...... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"  

Microsoft is trying to pull the wool over the eyes of gamers but its not worked as well as they hoped, yeah there will still be people who will buy the Xbone because its an Xbox or because they believe DRM is the way of the future or BLAH BLAH BLAH, whatever reason's you wanna make up, and no doubt there will be many people (prob most of those childish people posting on the facebook page) who go around saying "I'm not going to buy a XB1.. no way never" then roll of release date and oh look is that Mr. IWon'tBuyThisMachine in the queue with an Xbone?! 

end of the day people are not happy and they are letting of steam, clearly in the wrong way judging by that facebook page but it won't change anything Microsoft are planning, the only way that will happen is it these people bought PS4's but it won't happen unless we have the same style release as the PS3, Sony has learnt from their awful PS3 Launch.

Anyway I don't know why I'm trying to defend these children, lol. Think its just seeing people with blinkers on for Microsoft. lol!

All these debates all over forums, twitter, Facebook & YouTube all boil down too one basic thing!

PEOPLE WILL EITHER BUY THE XBONE OR THEY WON'T!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:50 am

I can understand the frustration as MS are doing some controversial things with their new console.

However, I feel that MS's presentation of actual facts has been poorly delivered. We don't actually know how they are going to tackle the preowned games sales.

We don't even know for sure that you can't lend games to friends.

We do know that one xbox live Gold account will now cover 10 profiles on the system, and that those accounts will be able to be used on other consoles. Further details on this may be especially beneficial to me as I may not have to fork out twice for games anymore and we do know that all games must be installed and that discs aren't required to play.

Sony are the ones being shady as far as I can see....

E3 presentation - "We're not blocking preowned games"

Next Day - "The publishers can block games if they choose to"
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 am

Found bit more info on the "stance" of trade in and such.

Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers XboxOneLogo

Most gamers are up in arms about Microsoft's new used games and DRM (Digital Rights Management) policy for the Xbox One. A bunch of news and rumors have flooded the internet regarding the console's stance on these two issues. The facts are easily explained with our expert use of the bullet points posted below (courtesy of Expert Reviews):
Quote :
- You'll still be able to buy games from shops, but now you'll be able to buy all games from the day of release as digital downloads too.
- Once you've installed the game on your console, we're guessing that boxed copies will come with a one-off use key, it will then be attached to both your Xbox Live account and your physical console.
- Anyone can play your games as long as they are playing them on your console, so friends who pop over can play them whether you're there or not. You can also play all your games on any other Xbox One console via your Xbox Live account - once you've downloaded and installed them of course.
- Up to 10 "family members" (we're not yet sure what Microsoft means by that term) can play any of the games in your collection on their consoles, but only one of those ten people can play at once. This means that your friends can try out games you've bought and you can even play co-op or head-to-head with mates without buying two copies of the game.
- You'll be able to sell or trade your games for cash or credit. But only at participating retailers.
- You can give games to anyone who has been on your friends list for at least 30 days.

Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers PS4Logo

The whole DRM policy for the PS4 is still a bit unclear for gamers and even the company itself. Some say that Sony STILL doesn't have a finalized DRM plan for its upcoming console. During an interview with EurogamerJim Ryan, the boss of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, did give some info on the implementation of online passes and used games as it pertains to third-party publishers:
Quote :
Our philosophy remains unchanged, so don't worry about that. We will not be implementing Online Pass or any kind of variant of that for our own self-published games. If a third-party publisher wants to do something server-side with their own content, there's not much we can do about that.
Sony CEO Jack Tretton cleared up the DRM matter with Sony's first-party titles while speaking with GameTrailers:
Quote :
We create the platform. We've certainly stated that our first party games are not going to be doing that, but we welcome publishers and their business models to our platform. There's going to be free-to-play, there's going to be every potential business model on there. And again that's up to their relationship with the consumer.
As for used games, Sony's stance on the issue is pretty simple - you can trade games, sell/lend them to friends and keep the physical copy of the game you purchased. However, it is known that Sony won't prevent third-party publishers from restricting the practice of used games. If the publisher wishes to stop its releases from ending up on the used games market, Sony will ultimately leave that decision up to them.

I think until Xbox and Sony come out and say LOOK HERE IS HOW IT WORKS! there is still going to be people moaning about one or the others DRM policy. 
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 am

Heh, Dave said "X-bone"....lol
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:36 am

So if I buy a game i can just pay the activation fee (presumably Less than the retail price) so Candy can play on her console?
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:56 am

Yes but you won't be able too play the game at the same time! Its still like having one copy of the game, you just won't need too put ya games in the drive.
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:58 am

That's from what I understand from all the interviews I've watched.
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:23 am

Looks like they've just announced that they're backpedaling on everything they've said so far....now you can play offline without an internet connection and "you can share, loan, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360."

I guess we'll see if they change back again later.....
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 am

Just posted up some more news stories on this, Didn't get a chance sooner. 

Sounds promising, I have said since both consoles and what they will do have been released that I would be going PS4, After hearing that Microsoft are actually listening too the fans and hopefully improving then its looking like a more difficult choice, the price tag is still a massive thing for me, Might just have too see if its down in price by time I come to buy a next-gen console.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Just save a little longer, the XBO is worth the extra.
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:50 am

Yeah Defo be getting a Xbone now, So gotta save save save, lol
Back to top Go down
Kyrat89
Graphics Manager
Graphics Manager
Kyrat89

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 938
Gamertag : KYRAT89
GOW cash : 1153

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 am

Its only a patch so they can take it away anytime
Back to top Go down
http://kyratdesigns.motionsforum.com/
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:27 am

Yeah course they can, but I honestly don't think they would be stupid enough to do that, think they know if they did that it would be 100% worse for them compared too this outcry! Plus honk that would be the end of Microsofts console days, no one would buy from the company they can't trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers   Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox Facebook Paged Attacked By Spammers
Page 1 of 1