Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!

Go down 
+4
Viking
SnarlingCandy
ThePublicNME
TheBlueOmen
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:04 pm

Microsoft is preparing to release its first major Xbox One dashboard update in March. Sources familiar with the plans have revealed to The Verge that the update will focus on fixing a number of issues with the Xbox Live service on the console, alongside other system fixes. Party-chat problems and issues with the usability and placement of social features of Xbox Live will be improved with the update. The update timing was first revealed by a forum poster at NeoGAF, and The Verge has verified it separately.

XBOX ONE WITHOUT A DISC DRIVE RUMORED

The anonymous forum poster also claims Microsoft will release a white version of its Xbox One console in October alongside the launch of Sunset Overdrive. A 1TB version of the Xbox One is rumored for release a month later in November. The Verge can confirm Microsoft is indeed planning to release its white employee-only Xbox One this year. Other rumors shared by the anonymous forum poster include the possibility of an Xbox One without a Blu-ray drive, a Bluetooth adapter, and launch dates for the console worldwide. While it's unclear if a disc-less Xbox One will make it to market, The Verge can also confirm Microsoft has been testing versions of its console without a Blu-ray drive.

Microsoft is said to be releasing Xbox One in April in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Colombia, Chile, and Argentina. An October launch of Xbox One is also rumored to follow in China, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece, Portugal, Slovakia, Turkey, Saudia Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Israel, India, Indonesia, and Egypt.

We’ve reached out to Microsoft for comment on all the Xbox One rumors, and we’ll update you accordingly.

Update: The leaker has posted an alleged image of a limited edition Titanfall Xbox One console, reproduced below.

Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! Image11

[via: The Verge]
http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/1/29/5359540/xbox-one-dashboard-update-white-console-release-date
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:27 pm

I love the controller, not so sure about the console.

I think that the driveless drive would be of benefit to some, me included. As I would have gotten one as a second console if I'd have known they were going to make one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Looks cool!
Is it me or does the picture on the box look a bit Gears like. Or a it me with Gears on the brain?  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Viking
Community Manager
Community Manager
Viking

Clan : EGFC/GzB
Number of posts : 49
Gamertag : MVViking71
GOW cash : 34

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 11:49 pm

the titanfall consloe is kinda ugly....

Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! GearsofWar3Console1  this is what a sexy console should look like ,,and i have one sitting next too my Xbox One
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:15 am

I love my Gears console. I have it in a Gears vault as well. It's sexy as hell. The Titanfall console looks cool but I already have an x1 so there is no reason at this point to buy another.

I'm looking forward to the x1 update in March. I hope it fixes the little annoying things. It drives me crazy that I have to go look at an activity feed to see what my friends are playing. I like the notifications that the 360 has. I know it drives some people crazy but let us have the option of having it. Would it kill them to add a setting for it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:36 am

I agree, I miss the little notifications you got with the 360, was talking too someone and they said it would be annoying having all the notifications going of if your friends list is full but I think they should give people the option or even have it so only the people on your favourite list will have notifications on your console.
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:20 am

Well, it's no where near as badass as my Gears 360, but if ever come up with the scratch, I'd be down for it.....

Can't say I see the point of a driveless console, except maybe to have one less thing to overheat/breakdown and be a bit less expensive....oh well, to each their own!
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:46 am

The favorites list having notifications would be great. That's a good idea and I hope they do it. X1 seems way less social than the 360 and for me that's a big negative.

A driveless console just pushes the idea of going all digital. Some people are all for that but I'm a collector and that idea isn't appealing to me. Besides, I've noticed that the downloads on Xbl are $60 and I can pic up the disc almost everywhere for $50. Own the disc and pay $10 less? Yeah, I'm there. I hope they add a way for us to keep track of our hard drive space also now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:48 am

Agree fully with you there mate, there is a rumour going round Microsoft are planning on lowering digital prices down to compete with retail my biggest problem with all digital is my internet, so far it's taken me 2 days too get too 60% install on digital copy of Ghosts!!
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:54 am

2 days? Holy hell!
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:56 am

That was with a shut off period off about 6 hours too let it cool down plus about 6 hours of solid FIFA pro clubs with mates so 12 less I guess but I still think that's crazy amount of time!!
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:59 am

That is a crazy amount of time! Do you have slow internet? Here in the states they just amended laws that will let our IPs slow down our connection, charge us more and in some cases block websites all together. Our internet future isn't looking bright.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:08 am

Ghosts is about 40GB isn't it?

That's one of the biggest ones.

The Dead Rising 3 UPDATE was 13gb!!!! Luckily I went fibre optic and it was done in about 20 mins, but loads of people complained about that.
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:13 am

We (Publik & I) would of been better off with a download only console thing. But we have 2 XB1's and the 2 GOW 360s so no point in getting another.although the more I look at it the more I like it. :-)
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:19 am

Yeah we only buy digital games now. This way we only need to buy one copy and we can still play the same game on different consoles, at the same time (including online multiplayer). It's saving us a fortune.  cheers
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:33 am

That works out well for you then. I didn't know 2 people could play the same copy of the same game at once.
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:11 am

xReviveMeFoolx wrote:
That is a crazy amount of time! Do you have slow internet? Here in the states they just amended laws that will let our IPs slow down our connection, charge us more and in some cases block websites all together. Our internet future isn't looking bright.

Yeah my internet is quite slow, the area I'm in is bad for it.

That's bull shit about your internet mate, not good at all!!
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:15 am

Yeah, I think you can have more then 2? Something like you can have 10 people if they all have their accounts on like one 'main XB1'. Something like that.
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:54 am

That's cool. Since I'm the only gamer in the household I didn't know that. My hubby does have a Xbl account but it's for netflix and hulu basically.
Back to top Go down
CommanderSkimpy
Locust Bait
Locust Bait
CommanderSkimpy

Number of posts : 218
Gamertag : CommanderSkimpy
GOW cash : 240

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:19 am

What's the point of having no disc drive on an all in one entertainment system. Makes no sense. I thought the whole point of the Xbox one is to make it the one thing you need for everything. There's always gonna be DVDs/blurays/CDs an whatever new physical thing we get in the future. :p
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:22 am

CommanderSkimpy wrote:
What's the point of having no disc drive on an all in one entertainment system. Makes no sense. I thought the whole point of the Xbox one is to make it the one thing you need for everything. There's always gonna be DVDs/blurays/CDs an whatever new physical thing we get in the future. :p
For people who want a second console it's perfect. Smile
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:55 am

Plus a lot of people just download films now or watch netflix so don't need the disc drive :-)
Back to top Go down
Viking
Community Manager
Community Manager
Viking

Clan : EGFC/GzB
Number of posts : 49
Gamertag : MVViking71
GOW cash : 34

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:59 am

i think this new generation is gonna be the last to have a drive, the next gen will go the way of steam and be download only
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:13 am

I hope so, I'm sick of discs.
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:10 am

I've been thinking about the next gen consoles lately. The ones after x1 and PS4... if they are going to be digital only I'll probably just get one of those new Steam Boxes. If there won't be discs I minds well pay a lot less for my games on Steam. Unless the model we know now changes for the worst that is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!   Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox One update arriving in March, titanfall console leak?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next