Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus?

Go down 
+2
A.D.Fenix
ThePublicNME
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus? Empty
PostSubject: Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus?   Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus? EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 2:09 am

One of the reasons I personally think Judgment didn't sell well was because Marcus was not on the front cover. Don't get me wrong there was a lot wrong with Judgment but I still think that this was a key factor in the sales figures.

Halo ODST & Reach suffered without Master Chief, although I thought Reach was amazing.

Losing Marcus is a bit like losing Lara Croft from Tomb Raider IMO.

So with that in mind, would MS dare release a new game without Marcus?

Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
A.D.Fenix
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
A.D.Fenix

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 47
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus?   Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus? EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 2:20 am

I totally agree! Unless you have a plan to carry on his legacy somehow, hmmmm.... I think I can help with that! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kyrat89
Graphics Manager
Graphics Manager
Kyrat89

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 938
Gamertag : KYRAT89
GOW cash : 1153

PostSubject: Re: Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus?   Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus? EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 5:48 am

Bring the locusts back into multiplayer thats a big issue too.
Back to top Go down
http://kyratdesigns.motionsforum.com/
Magnuson24
New Recruit
New Recruit
Magnuson24

Number of posts : 6
Gamertag : Magnuson24
GOW cash : 8

PostSubject: Re: Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus?   Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus? EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 5:53 am

It is a fickle line to walk with Marcus as a long standing Trilogy hero and icon for the franchise. At the same time, just like Halo, there is a world out there that doesn't involve the singular exploits of Marcus. Tons of military gears units around the world were operating at the same time he and Dom were saving the planet's collective bacon. The elements that made Marcus great was his charisma and the balance of other characters supporting the storytelling (Cole, Tai, Dizzy, Anya etc.)

Tie that in with the link between his father and the research behind a solution to the locust problem and you discover he was at the core of it all and was the focal point of interest. Despite being gruff, scarred up, emotionally detached and nearly impossible to get into a public relationship with Anya, we were drawn to him for his kick-butt personal demeanor and gravely voice. Personally I think if they make a new game they should go back in time to the days when Marcus' father served as a gear to steal the Hammer of Dawn Technology during the war with Garazni. Having Adam Fenix, while not as violent and action charged as his son, was still integrated with tons of great characters that could create that similar arc and tie in with winning the war.

Do we need the Locust? If we do, Marcus still did around 10-14 years of service before Gears 1 even started... why not tell that story as it falls right in line with the timeline for where Judgement was. If you can't go forward cause the problem was solved (locust and lambent) go back wards or along a linear timeline with brand new characters who were contributing to the effort.

my thoughts
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus?   Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus? EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 am

I think that we may see a Gears of War 1 anniversary to bridge the gap. But I think MS will head for Gears of War 4 as they did with Halo.

They can easily bring back the Locust. Even if the explaination turn out to be crappy we'll accept it just to have the Locust back. lol

Plus Marcus has plenty of gas left in the tank for the sequels.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Re: Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus?   Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus? EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 8:17 am

that's a tough one but i think it can most of the bad things about judgment was on the multiplayer with campaign also had some problems
Back to top Go down
http://oujastrikeblogs.wordpress.com/
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus?   Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus? EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Yeah they can totally continue with a Gears4, people want the locust back and Marcus. There were references to experiments being done (wasn't Queen myraah an experiment?) so we could have a new breed of locust, that wouldn't of been affected by the pulse blast thing. The same way the Queen wasn't affected by it.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus?   Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Gears be a Success Without Marcus?
Page 1 of 1