Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?

Go down 
+3
SnarlingCandy
mmartina
Perkinator
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Perkinator
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Perkinator

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 31
Gamertag : Perkinator 2001
GOW cash : 41

What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  Empty
PostSubject: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 9:01 am

Tbh I think the maps in judgement were massively too big I guess that's why there was no koth. Not just that but a decrease in power weapons. I think we only need. Ink nades near spawn Frags in middle. Snipe/talk and digger/boomshot

What do you think the maps need?
Back to top Go down
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 10:24 am

Gears maps should be Symmetrical some of the maps were good but way too big
Back to top Go down
http://oujastrikeblogs.wordpress.com/
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 6:07 pm

I think with some of them they got it right, like Blood Drive was opened up just a bit more which improved it. Some of the 'newer' ones were ridiculous in size. By the time you spawned in and got to the fight it was over lol!
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Symmetry is very important IMO. Also a few revamped maps, players are very nostalgic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 7:56 am

I agree with everything you guys said.

The size of the maps are just insane. I also liked Blood Drive Candy but the amount of power weapons on it was way too much imo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Yeah the power weapons were a joke considering the map size.
Back to top Go down
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:58 am

i wonder who idea from epic was to put almost every power weapon known in gears on blood drive
Back to top Go down
http://oujastrikeblogs.wordpress.com/
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:37 pm

mmartina wrote:
i wonder who idea from epic was to put almost every power weapon known in gears on blood drive

They must have all been sitting around a table drunk one night and decided that they each had to have their favorite power weapon on that map. That's the only explanation I can come up with.
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:29 pm

lol! good one Nuka! Yeah they must of been drunk as that many power weapons is just mad. It can get pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:31 pm

I guess there are ways to set that map up with different power weapons in a private match. I myself prefer all nades all the time ;)makes for some crazy fun matches. We have a game type we play every now and then on GzB Friday nights. We call it Boom Boom Pow. It's KOTH all nade pickups and Gnasher only. Of course we have crazy drinking rules thrown in also. I myself barely ever drink but it's still a lot of fun sober.
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:46 pm

That sounds fun! Not a big drinker either, bit of a lightweight. But sounds like a good laugh.
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:53 pm

SnarlingCandy wrote:
That sounds fun! Not a big drinker either, bit of a lightweight. But sounds like a good laugh.

It is a lot of fun. If any of you ever want too get in some games with us on a Friday night just let me know. You don't have to drink(9 times out of 10 I'm not drinking) and anyone 21 and older is welcome to join in. I know for a lot of you time zones are an issue. We usually start at 8pm pst. Time zones suck.

Last edited by xReviveMeFoolx on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Not sure what time that would be here? Maybe about midnight? Yeah time zones do suck! Think it would prob be past my bed time as I'm usually up at 5.30am with the kids but think would defo have to make an exception one night cause that sounds fun  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 pm

I'll try to remember too post it next time we plan on playing BBP. We have other game types we have made up that are a lot of fun too but I have to admit that I think BBP is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
MeatSim64
New Recruit
New Recruit
MeatSim64

Number of posts : 6
Gamertag : MeatSim64
GOW cash : 8

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:53 am

mmartina wrote:
Gears maps should be Symmetrical some of the maps were good but way too big

Agreed. Rig is a perfect example of this.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Library too. It took me ages to get used to that map.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Publik NME no1 wrote:
Library too. It took me ages to get used to that map.

I still don't like Library. More than anything its the damn footsteps you can hear them but never know quite where they are coming from. Drives me absolutely mental. To be honest though that is a big negative in all of GOWJ but on that map it just bothers me much more than the others.
Back to top Go down
iDuskk
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

Number of posts : 34
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 6:21 pm

In my opinion, every map needs two things:

1. Get rid of the silly power weapons that don't promote movement. "Mortar, Scorcher, Mulcher, Boomshield, etc" and replace them with weapons that people will actually fight for.

2. Design each map for one or two specific gametypes. Meaning stop making a map and throwing every gametype on it. Design a map to be good for execution or TDM, and design other maps to be good for KoTH, or Guardian, etc. You cant just throw a gametype on any map and expect it to work, although judgement seems to think otherwise. Maps should be designed with a gametype in mind, so they can be better designed. Otherwise what are you designing the maps for?

Maybe I just look at everything from a competitive standpoint, idk, but I think judgements maps were the most poorly designed maps I've seen in any shooting game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iduskk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?    What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What will the maps need to have a good multiplayer?
Page 1 of 1