Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One to get Virtual Reality?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Xbox One to get Virtual Reality? Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One to get Virtual Reality?   Xbox One to get Virtual Reality? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Sources say Microsoft's new virtual reality/augmented reality effort aims to create a "suite of experiences unique to Microsoft's Xbox products."

All eyes are on Sony this week as the company is rumored to announce a virtual reality device for the PlayStation 4 tomorrow at the Game Developers Conference. But Microsoft might not be far behind with its own 3D virtual reality technology.

Multiple sources familiar with Microsoft's plans told The Wall Street Journal that the Xbox maker has also developed 3D virtual reality devices and has even filed at least one patent so far.

This technology is concurrently in development with a mysterious VR/AR project revealed in 2012 as "Fortazela," which is reportedly similar to Google Glass. The Wall Street Journal says that Microsoft's efforts in the virtual reality space represent an attempt to create a "suite of experiences unique to Microsoft's Xbox products."

In addition, the sources go on to explain that one iteration of Microsoft's new technology was focused on augmented reality--that is, a technology that can layer animation on top of imagery from the real-world. By comparison, virtual reality devices like Oculus Rift only displays CG (computer generated) images.

Sony is rumored to announce its own VR device for the PS4 tomorrow during a "future of gaming" panel.

Would a Virtual Reality headset be something you would be interested in?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One to get Virtual Reality?   Xbox One to get Virtual Reality? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 3:11 pm

not really
Back to top Go down
http://oujastrikeblogs.wordpress.com/
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One to get Virtual Reality?   Xbox One to get Virtual Reality? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 12:30 am

Sounds cool, but I definitely wouldn't be first in line to pick one up! lol
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One to get Virtual Reality?   Xbox One to get Virtual Reality? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:19 am

I think it sounds cool and would defo want a try!
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One to get Virtual Reality?   Xbox One to get Virtual Reality? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 1:07 pm

It sounds cool but like the Kinect I really don't care. I don't use my Kinect very often and usually find it to be a pain. Who knows maybe I'll end up loving virtual reality.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One to get Virtual Reality?   Xbox One to get Virtual Reality? Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox One to get Virtual Reality?
Page 1 of 1