Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS Empty
PostSubject: E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS   E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Microsoft has received a lot of criticism for showing non-gaming related content at previous E3 events. They were notorious for demonstrating TV and entertainment based capabilities, whether through Kinect or through Apps the Xbox platform offers.

Although, Microsoft always delivered on the games, they made room for entertainment-related announcements as well. Sony on the other hand, mostly concentrated on games, and has usually left out non-gaming related content at their E3 press conferences. In doing this, Sony gained a lot of respect amongst core gamers.

This E3 event showed us something interesting, as this event was much different than the previous ones. It seems that the Microsoft and Sony have reversed roles, with Microsoft concentrating on nothing but games, while Sony’s pulled a Microsoft and put heavy emphasis on entertainment services and hardware. To Sony’s credit they had lots of great games to show as well.

Perhaps the most interesting part is that PlayStation fans are loving this side of Sony. These are the same Sony fans who talked down entertainment services when Microsoft was showing them, stating that if Sony took the same route, they would abandon the platform, also stating that they would never want their beloved system turning into anything that detracts them from gaming.

Sony took to the stage many entertainment-related service announcements – they showed a few TV shows, a PlayStation TV set top box and had a guy on stage (Shawn Layden) talking in a scripted fashion crunching numbers, explaining how many billions of hours were spent gaming on PSN, and so on. This guy talked typical PR nonsense for 15-20 min, pretty much putting people to sleep. Crazy thing is – Sony fans loved it! And they claim that Sony completely crushed Microsoft’s performance due to heavy focus on extra entertainment related announcements. This is the same thing that Microsoft was ridiculed for last year, so what does this mean?

This proves that Sony fans wanted these types of services all along. It certainly appears that way, and this is a perfect example of a double standard situation. When Microsoft heads down the entertainment route, they’re abandoning the gamer, but when Sony does it, they’re adding to the PlayStations capabilities and increasing the platform’s value? Huh? What would have happened if Sony was the company who had the Kinect Sensor? It leads me to believe that they would treat it as the second coming of Christ.

This whole situation proves that Sony fans longed for the types of offerings Microsoft provided Xbox users. They always wanted their console to have a vast entertainment ecosystem of apps, services and exclusive TV content. They want the PlayStation 4 to be an all around entertainment machine. They want an Xbox in their PlayStation. As they’re finally getting a taste of entertainment services, they now say that it’s good thing.

Back when the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 were released, the one advantage Sony had in the hardware department was the addition of the Blu-Ray drive in the PS3. This addition made the system $100 more expensive than the Xbox 360. Sony fans praised the PS3 as a better all-around entertainment system, due to the inclusion of the Blu-Ray drive. They actually justified the extra $100 expense due to being able to do more than just gaming.

Microsoft on the other hand, added a Kinect Sensor which provides much more capabilities than Blu-Ray did for the PS3 at the time, and Kinect is actually something that has a future, a very bright one actually. However, these so called gamers (PlayStation fanboys) made sure to have their opinions heard, being very vocal about how Kinect is a bad thing as it creates an entertainment system rather than a gaming machine, and will not buy an Xbox One for that reason. A pure double standard situation, the fact is, they were never going to buy it in the first place.

It seems that the truth has come out, and the gaming community can now rest and agree on one thing, and that’s the fact that entertainment-related services are a good thing, and are vital to the future of these consoles. Entertainment-related services are what will levitate the mainstream consumer towards these boxes as the price drops.

Sony always knew that, and Sony fans always knew it. This is why Sony is releasing a $99 set top box to grab the mainstream consumer. It’s just too bad that Microsoft delayed their version (codenamed: Project Yuma) possibly due to vocal gamers not wanting to hear Xbox and entertainment in the same sentence. However, Microsoft will most likely release something similar sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS   E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:00 pm

I feel that MS had the better showing at E3.

The exclusives were better for XBO and they only jaw dropping reveals that Sony had were multiplatform.

I still think that the Kinect should have been optional for XBO from the start, but I can see what they were trying to do.

Sony say that they've done well with their camera, so there is a market for it. But their dig at MS on the matter was very childish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS   E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 3:14 pm

I have to admit last years E3 did nothing but piss me off. I'm not a big TV watcher and when I start up either of my Xboxs you can bet it's to play games. I'm very happy Microsoft toned down the TV stuff this year and I see Sony as late to the game and just trying to grab a piece of the TV pie. I'm not a Sony fan and to be honest I just don't like the Playstation. PS2 was great but those days are gone. Microsoft owns the market on the multiplayer experience and that is just one of the things that make the Xbox great. Let the haters hate and in the mean time I'll just boot up my Xbox and enjoy some of the superior multiplayer fun I buy Xbl for.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

PostSubject: Re: E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS   E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 4:57 am

Please don't lump all 'Sony' fans in the same mould Wink

I'm a fan of both consoles and they both have pros and cons thumbs up
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Re: E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS   E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:23 am

Vambo wrote:
Please don't lump all 'Sony' fans in the same mould Wink

I'm a fan of both consoles and they both have pros and cons thumbs up

Thats a news article I took from a website so you'll have to go tell them that not me 😉 lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS   E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS Empty

Back to top Go down

E3 proved that Sony fans always wanted an Xbox in their PS
Page 1 of 1