Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Details of weapon tweaks for Titanfall.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

Details of weapon tweaks for Titanfall. Empty
PostSubject: Details of weapon tweaks for Titanfall.   Details of weapon tweaks for Titanfall. EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Found this article showing the new weapon balancing that has come out in the last update.

Titanfall DLC Update: New Achievements, Weapon Tweaks Released With Next Title Update [REPORT]
ANALYSIS
By Mo Mozuch on June 25, 2014 4:00 AM EDT

If you're a Titanfall player, odds are you've MFed a good deal of so-called "cheap" kills in the game. Satchel charges that seem to always hit a kill zone, shotgun blasts from long-distances and overpowered titan punches have been causing rage fits for months. As an avid Titanfall player I, like you, have unleashed my fair share of obscenities in these moments. Fortunately, our torment is almost at an end. Respawn has released the full details of the next Titanfall DLC update and, in addition to a whole lot of other features, some serious weapons balancing is coming.

If you've been following our Titanfall coverage you may remember our interview with Respawn's community manager Abbie Heppe and game designer Steve Fukuda from E3 a few weeks ago. In it, much of the info found in today's update notes was discussed. Titan insignias, titan-only burn cards and the "Marked For Death" gamemode were all part of Titanfall's E3 buzz.

Everything they discussed at E3 is in the next title update, but a handful of features weren't mentioned at the show. Too bad, because a lot of the new information is also the most important to players. The re-balancing is definitely going to shake things up. Here's what Respawn has in store for your favorite weapons and tactics in the next Titanfall DLC update:

Satchels: Satchel damage has been reduced against Pilots only. They will still kill a Pilot caught close to the center of the explosion, but the fall-off is more severe now, allowing Pilots that are far from the satchel to survive more often than they currently do.

Shotgun: The shotgun now does a little bit less damage at midrange. It was proving to be able to win fights that it should lose when at this range. We also fixed a bug where the cursor would turn red, indicating it will hit an enemy when the enemy was actually outside of the range of the shotgun's max distance.

R101: This weapon was designed to be an all-purpose weapon, and it does that quite well, too well, even. We've slightly adjusted it to make it a bit more uncomfortable to handle and hit targets at long distances. It will kick a bit more when fired but the effects are subtle enough to only be felt at long range. We've also reduced its mag size from 30 to 24. The extended ammo upgrade brings it from 24 to 30 (it used to go from 30 to 40).

R97: While it already had a higher rate of fire than the CAR, the R97 was pretty much inferior in all other ways. We've upped the RoF even higher to make it handle up-close fights better than it did. It also has the fastest time into ADS (aiming down the sights) now. The biggest change, though, is that it now does a lot more damage than it did when rodeo'ing, making it a better choice for Pilots who enjoy taking on a Titan. It is now the second best weapon to use when rodeo'ing Titans (behind only the LMG).

Hemlok: The Hemlok was one of the least popular guns in the game. Its role was intended to be the long-range assault rifle, but it wasn't doing that quite well enough. We've made it so that it is never more than 4 bullets to drop an enemy Pilot (it used to be 5 at long range). The Hemlok will also kick less when fired. The drift when ADSing has also been reduced to allow easier use against long-range targets. The silencer MOD used to take 6 hits to kill an enemy Pilot at long-range, now it is 5.

AMPed Hemlok: The AMPed Hemlok already killed close-range Pilots in 3 bullets, now it will also kill long-range Pilots with 3 bullets.

G2: The G2 now kills Pilots with 3 shots, always. It used to take 4 at range. The G2 has slightly less kick now as well. When the silencer is attached, the G2 will always kill an enemy Pilot with 4 shots whereas it used to be 5 at range. The clip size has been increased when the match trigger attachment is used to give you 12, rather than 8, rounds per magazine.

AMPed G2: The Amped G2 will always kill an enemy Pilot with 2 shots now. It used to take 3 at a distance.

Titan Plasma Railgun: The FOV, while ADSing, has been pulled back some to allow players to keep more of their surroundings in focus. This makes it easier to maintain your "charge" while tracking enemy targets.

Big Punch: We've taken a look at complaints about the Big Punch kit, and decided to adjust it. Big Punch was especially problematic when an Ogre was dealing the punch. It did enough damage to destroy the shields of a Stryder and still do a chunk of damage to the Stryder's permanent health. Spamming Big Punch as an Ogre also let it travel around at speeds higher than intended. As such, we've decided to weaken Big Punch's effects significantly when taken as an Ogre. The Atlas and Stryder didn't need as large of a change, so we've only made small adjustments to Big Punch's effect when applied to the Atlas and Stryder chassis.
Found this article listing the tweaks they have done to improve the weapon balancing.

On the whole, this list is amazingly fair. It addresses two of my biggest complaints, satchels and shotguns, while also adjusting my beloved titan punch. I like the effort Respawn is putting into the lesser-used weapons. The new tweaks to the R97 will definitely make me try the gun in my rotation, especially with the promise of it being the second-best gun for rodeoing titans. Couple that with the reduced iron sight time and the Run 'N' Gun kit and the R97 starts to have a lot of upside.

The R97 might end up replacing my R101 if they downgrade that gun too much. It sounds like they're having trouble making the Hemlok and R101 unique, and it's a no-brainer as to why players prefer the full-auto assault R101 to the burst-fire of the Hemlok. I love the R101 for the advantage it gives me over long distances, so a switch to the Hemlok might be in order if they're going to tweak the gun to be more powerful and more accurate over long distances.

Of course, everyone's got their own favorites and their own strategies, but it looks like the next Titanfall DLC update is going to shake things up for everyone. I guess there's only one thing to do now that my 80+ hours of carefully refined Titanfall strategy is getting tweaked.

Play another 80+ hours.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Details of weapon tweaks for Titanfall. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Details of weapon tweaks for Titanfall.   Details of weapon tweaks for Titanfall. EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 12:22 am

I played with the shotgun on Titanfall last night and it's still powerful. I think the thing to remember with it is that you can fire it pretty rapidly. You can easily get 2 or 3 shots off in a 1 on 1.

I also never use the scattershot, as the range and power is really nerfed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com

Details of weapon tweaks for Titanfall.
Page 1 of 1