Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen Empty
PostSubject: Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen   Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 6:29 am

The next Gears of War game for Xbox One developed by Black Tusk will hearken back to the core essence of the series, Black Tusk producer Rod Fergusson has said.

"With Black Tusk, we have to show that we have a legitimate claim to this IP and be able to show we know how to do it right before we do it differently," Fergusson told Polygon in an interview. "There are some things that even though people try to copy us, we don't think they've nailed. I think the cover system, there's a feel to a Gears of War game that I've yet to find in another game where it feels the same. Whether it's the fluidity, the weight, the heaviness to the characters, the way that it feels like to be in cover, the roadie run character, those sorts of things.”

Fergusson didn’t share any details about where and when in the Gears of War universe the next game will take place, but did mention that the previous games left big gaps in the timeline and many unanswered questions.

“There's lots of stuff, backstory from the E Day, Pendulum Wars all the way to Gears 3, there's a lot of room in there,” he said. “But I don't know if that's the place to go. I think there's lots of other places to go as well."

Fergusson was an executive producer on the first two Gears of War games and a director of production on Gears of War 3. In 2012 he left Epic Games and joined Irrational Games, where he helped the team ship BioShock Infinite. Fergusson then launched a new studio for 2K in the San Francisco area, but left that job for Black Tusk before we found out what he was working on.

Microsoft, which purchased the Gears of War franchise from Epic Games earlier this year for an undisclosed sum, has yet to announce a release date for the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
iDuskk
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 34
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen   Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but this really doesnt tell us much.

I just want them to come out and promise to make a game that doesn't suck, and is going to bring back that Mid/Close range action packed thrill the previous gears of war games had.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iduskk
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen   Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am

They've only just started so I doubt there's much to tell. Last time I looked they were still hiring people to make it so we've got a wait before we hear any details unfortunately.
But it does sound like he wants to get it back to basics with the style etc 😊
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen   Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 2:56 am

The good thing about Judgment was that it at least showed that steering away from the popular formula is not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen   Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Publik NME no1 wrote:
The good thing about Judgment was that it at least showed that steering away from the popular formula is not a good idea.

How true that statement is Publik lol the suspense of a xbox one gears is killing me on the wait.
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
iDuskk
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 34
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen   Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:23 pm

[quote="Corroded"]
Publik NME no1 wrote:

How true that statement is Publik lol the suspense of a xbox one gears is killing me on the wait.

Same here. Its so frustrating knowing that they're still in the infancy of development stages. Its gonna be a good while before any real news comes out about the game.

But Black Tusk I have very high hopes for, they've been so awesome so far to the gears of war community, sponsoring tournaments, attending hypefest and getting player feedback, and Black Tusk really does seem like they want to revive the franchise. Part of me is still skeptical, because I've seen plenty of developers make big promises, and fail to deliver, but Black Tusk putting forth so much effort into it before even starting the developing of the game makes me so hyped for the next game.

One of the Pro GoW3 players Nickmercs said that at the last Hypefestation he spoke with one of the Black Tusk members and asked "Do you really care about all this?" and He replied with "I went through 8 hours of plane rides just to be here today and support Gears of War 3" which in my opinion is some pretty solid evidence of Black Tusk's dedication to the franchise. Its one thing to say you care, but actually going out to community run events actually shows you care.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iduskk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen   Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen Empty

Back to top Go down

Rod talks Gears of War Next Gen
Page 1 of 1