Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress   Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Microsoft-owned developer Black Tusk Studios is making "massive progress" on the upcoming Gears of War game for Xbox One. That's according to Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, who this week met with the team, including studio head Rod Fergusson, in Vancouver and had positive things to say about what he saw.
Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress Tweet110

Fergusson seemed happy with the events of yesterday, he wrote after 1 AM today.
Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress Tweet210

Aaron Greenberg also Tweeted.
Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress Tweet310

Microsoft acquired the Gears of War franchise from creator Epic Games in January of this year. Official details about the game haven't been announced, but Spencer says it's not a reboot.

"The thing that was great about the early Gears of War games, to me, [was] just the epic scale of the settings that I was in," he said back in October. "The story, the setting was a lot more what I would call soulful and maybe even a little dark. And [Rod Fergusson] and I have talked about this; I think the game over time became almost more of a parody of itself; not for any kind of horrible reasons. It's hard to continue to manage the IP."

"And Gears 2 did well, Gears 3 did well. So I thought the franchise continued to grow. But we've talked about getting back to something … I think the story and the setting and what they're going through ... in a Gears of War--the name of the game, it really meant something to what that game was about. We've got to get back to that. The feeling of those individuals."

What are you looking for from the upcoming Xbox One Gears of War game? Let us know in the comments below!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress   Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm looking forward to just getting more Gears! The fact that they're looking to go back to it's darker roots and continue with the co-op side of things is pretty cool and I'm hoping they bring back the Horde mode - happy nights they were.

As for the multiplayer, well as long as they don't do it like GOWJ, I'll be happy.

Really looking forward to getting back into Gears and just imagine how awesome it's going to look too on next-gen....
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress   Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 10:15 pm

I did enjoy overrun, but yeah less like GOWJ and more like GOW3....I need horde dammit!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress   Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Gears of War Making Massive Progress
Page 1 of 1