Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Head Leaves Gearbox [UPDATE]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

Head Leaves Gearbox [UPDATE] Empty
PostSubject: Head Leaves Gearbox [UPDATE]   Head Leaves Gearbox [UPDATE] EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Matthew Armstrong, creator and franchise director of Borderlands, has left Gearbox.

Armstrong is credited as game design director and as a writer on the first Borderlands and is included on the "Gearbox Software is" list for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel when the company went for more generic credits. Today he tweeted that he has left the company.

"Things changed. No longer working at @GearboxSoftware. I will always love Gearbox, but it's adventure time."

If you look through his recent twitter posts, it may or may not be related to the recent closure of 2K Australia, developer of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

We've reached out to Armstrong and Gearbox and will update the story if we hear back.

Update

Matthew Armstrong has responded to our request for comment and confirms that he is indeed leaving. In a series of direct messages he stated the following.

"Pre-Sequel, Claptastic Voyage, and Handsome collection all shipped. In a rare moment, I was temporarily non-vital. I could leave without damaging Borderland or Gearbox too much if I did it at this moment, so now was the time. I think Gearbox will do great in the future, and I think Borderlands will stay strong and awesome. I've been thinking about it for a while. I'm not quitting out of anger or getting fired. It's just time for new adventures. I'm an inventor. I'm ready to make something new. Not just new to me, but new to everyone."

[Via: GameInformer]

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA

Head Leaves Gearbox [UPDATE]
Page 1 of 1