Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers Empty
PostSubject: Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers   Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:39 am

Epic Games said it will ban users from playing Gears of War 3 online if the studio discovers the player published early footage of the game.

In July, Microsoft said it was investigating leaked footage of the game's campaign mode that surfaced on YouTube, which the company claims is not from the final build.

"If Epic finds proof that someone has posted leaked Gears of War 3 gameplay footage, that person will be banned from Gears of War 3 networked play, which includes co-op and arcade campaign, Horde, Beast, and competitive multiplayer modes," a spokesperson told IGN.

Speaking to Eurogamer in a recent interview, Executive Producer Rod Fergusson said, "We have a banning system built into our stuff so we can go in and identify certain people," he said. "Some people aren't smart about what they do. They'll be disappointed on 20th September when they can't get in and can't play. They may be banned."

He continued: "We had one of my video chats and somebody went into the chat room and tried to yell all caps spoilers throughout the chat room to try to ruin the experience for the thousand people who were watching me. It's that kind of stuff that just drives me crazy.

"If you don't value this community, you don't value this experience, then we don't value you. I'd rather pick that one bad apple out of the pool so everybody else can have a better time."

Source: IGN
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers   Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:49 pm

well this is cool i guess
Back to top Go down
Sole
Cole Train
Cole Train
Sole

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 479
Gamertag : STEADY KNOCKIN
GOW cash : 462

PostSubject: Re: Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers   Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Hopefully they catch most of them.

Back to top Go down
STomp1
New Recruit
New Recruit
STomp1

Number of posts : 17
Gamertag : Stomp yo FEET
GOW cash : 19

PostSubject: Re: Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers   Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:08 am

They should ban all the gears 2 leaderboards glithers.
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

PostSubject: Re: Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers   Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:02 am

lol thats not going to happen since I know exactly how they do it
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers   Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:38 am

I don't care too much for leaderboards anymore I bet there aint 1 dam game on the XBOX360 where the leaderboards are legit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

PostSubject: Re: Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers   Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:14 am

true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers   Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers Empty

Back to top Go down

Epic to Ban Gears of War 3 Leakers
Page 1 of 1