Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lXl Loki
New Recruit
New Recruit

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 3
GOW cash : 5

Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting   Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Tired or random rooms, full of annoying jackasses?

Good, your in luck.

The Legion of the Fallen is recruiting.

We are an adult gaming clan that bases it's gaming around real life's issues and challenges. We are a social network of laid back adults that have grown tired of the random public room crowds and are looking for a more mature atmosphere to game. BUT...we do have a more serious side...We most recently played in The EGL, a private league that includes other clans with similar interests and lifestyles that is hosted by none other than......us. We have a wide variety of gamers, spanning from RPG's to FPS. We recently opened our doors to the PS3 side of things, and we decided to add on a Gears of War Division while we we're at it.

If you are interested in what we have to offer, please visit us at http://www.legionofthefallen.com and register on our forums to submit an application. We're not just looking for hardcore gamers, we're looking for gamers that will help to contribute to our community in a positive manner. All we ask in return is that you be 18+, have a good attitude, and that you remain active in game and within our Clan Forums.

Thanks,
Loki
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting   Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:20 am

Sounds like ageism to me. Must be 18 or over! Really? This game is very immature, some of the best players in this franchise are the youths whom also have the most time to invest into games in general.

And how the fuck do you "base gaming around real life issues and challenges." Surely there are some points or words missing from that sentiment.

I always find most Clan leaders sales pitches kind of funny, like the one above"

1) They always say there is no "real" leaders but that that is never the case

2) They say they aren't really hardcore but then make clans, with personal webpages that require applications! Oh yeah that sounds like a nice casual environment I'd like to be a part of.

3) Mention how adult they are, and all the real shit they have to deal with, but then prohibit teens from participating, and engage in frivolous moderation which requires members to post on Clan Forums and play very regularly. Thats' kind of the antithesis of my real life with real responsibilities.

Nothing is wrong with serious gamers or clans, but stop selling lies brotha.
Back to top Go down
lXl Loki
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting   Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:37 am

Say what you like "brotha", but all you've done is discredited your argument with this rage outburst. Because the game is "very in-mature" in you're opinion does not mean the ones who you choose to play with have to be also. I'm not going to engage in senseless forum arguing with you. But I will leave you with one tid-bit of advice before I go.

No matter what type of clan you represent.....practice what you preach. If you would have done that from the beginning and followed the 5th Tenet of NFCT and "No smack talking other clans, unless provoked.", we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Thanks,
Loki
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting   Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:23 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
Sounds like ageism to me. Must be 18 or over! Really? This game is very immature, some of the best players in this franchise are the youths whom also have the most time to invest into games in general.

And how the fuck do you "base gaming around real life issues and challenges." Surely there are some points or words missing from that sentiment.

I always find most Clan leaders sales pitches kind of funny, like the one above"

2) They say they aren't really hardcore but then make clans, with personal webpages that require applications! Oh yeah that sounds like a nice casual environment I'd like to be a part of.

3) Mention how adult they are, and all the real shit they have to deal with, but then prohibit teens from participating, and engage in frivolous moderation which requires members to post on Clan Forums and play very regularly. Thats' kind of the antithesis of my real life with real responsibilities.

Do not flame please. Like it or not it's his clan. He can express it and run however he wants. If you don't like him because you think he's an ass then please list him as a foe so you no longer have to read his post.

Thanks

P.S We want a friendly environment on these forums.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting   Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:25 am

lXl Loki wrote:
Say what you like "brotha", but all you've done is discredited your argument with this rage outburst. Because the game is "very in-mature" in you're opinion does not mean the ones who you choose to play with have to be also. I'm not going to engage in senseless forum arguing with you. But I will leave you with one tid-bit of advice before I go.

No matter what type of clan you represent.....practice what you preach. If you would have done that from the beginning and followed the 5th Tenet of NFCT and "No smack talking other clans, unless provoked.", we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Thanks,
Loki

Oh Damn!!! Laughing
That's pretty good! I like your style! You do your homework, but you're lacking in basic understanding of proper argumentation. I think one well-versed in argumentative fallacy can see that I did not "discredit" my argument but instead provided three supporting premises. I also did not rage, nor did I intend to make you upset or shit on your clan. Your sales pitch is wrought with contradictions. Lo and behold there is an EDIT button, so you can simply remove said contradictions (if you so choose). It peeves me to see this on every forum I post on--this obviously isnt my first rodeo or last time trolling tongue

Also it's immature not "in-mature" and simply tidbit.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting   Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:29 am

Mister_Wookiee wrote:
Mike NFCT wrote:

Do not flame please. Like it or not it's his clan. He can express it and run however he wants. If you don't like him because you think he's an ass then please list him as a foe so you no longer have to read his post.

Thanks

P.S We want a friendly environment on these forums.

I get that! I'm just saying he's saying it's not hardcore but he's pointing to the entrance and it says HARDCORE ONLY (plus you need to have a 401K and philosophize frequently about the meaning of metaphysics--I kid)
Back to top Go down
lXl Loki
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting   Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:57 am

Why does it bother you so much that we are a 18+ community?

It's our choice, as to who we would like to play with. What's so "hardcore" about putting in a application...really? What I meant by discrediting is that you are making a prime example of why we are 18+. You my man are a prime example of why clans have gone to putting a age restriction for entrance in place. You see something you don't like, so you lash out. You by no way "made me upset or shit on my clan" by any means. I hope you don't think by "trolling" in my thread you are preventing us from gaining any members.

Now look....I'm out of food. pale Guess I got to stop feeding the troll. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting   Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:53 pm

I'm 27, and I work in R&D as a coordinator of vet studies, and a statistician. Sorry if my posts made me seem < 18 to you. It does come off a bit like ageism to me though. Cliche time: Age is just a number, case in point, I'm 27 but too immature and annoying to be in the EGL or LOTF. See what I did there? Even on an empty stomach a troll can sustain himself talking to himself, for weeks, or months even. Loki, I sent you an XBL friend request. Do as you will with it. Carry on with the contradictions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting   Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting Empty

Back to top Go down

Legion Of The Fallen Recruiting
Page 1 of 1