Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Searching for matches... Driving me nuts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

Searching for matches...  Driving me nuts Empty
PostSubject: Searching for matches... Driving me nuts   Searching for matches...  Driving me nuts EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:36 pm

So I got the game yesterday and went home at lunch time to give it a spin. Went into multiplayer. Found a match after a fiew minutes but it was mostly bots. Eventually some more human players joined. Played fairly smoothly.

Rush home after work, super amped to play...and the friggin thing won't find a match. I just get stuck at Searching for matches. Any advice here? I know I don't have the fastest connection (I live in South Africa, damn 3rd world) but I can log on to things like Red Dead and CoD straight away and have (apart from a bit of lag here and there) fiew problems with disconnects etc.

Help!
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Searching for matches... Driving me nuts   Searching for matches...  Driving me nuts EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:40 pm

I feel they have improved searching for a game as GoW 2 was terrible when it came to that but on the other hand it has been a minimal improvement which is disappointing Sad
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

PostSubject: Re: Searching for matches... Driving me nuts   Searching for matches...  Driving me nuts EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Maybe if some guys in Europe could add me I might be able to join a match? Or will I get told "match not suitable" either way? Also, can you join a match midd-game or must you wait to find one that is just starting? I briefly joined a lobby and then was told "sorry you failed to join in time, match has started" or something like that.

Anyhow, I'm keen to try the "Add me" option so please anyone wanna help me out? I will be online tonight from about 18:00 (Our time pretty close to England's )
GT= FancyCharles665 (LOL, I know. But I refuse to spend points on changing a name)
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Searching for matches... Driving me nuts   Searching for matches...  Driving me nuts EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:05 pm

I've never joined a ranked match halfway through but I did end up in a game of TDM where it was me and 4 bots against 5 human players. Ended up 7-4 which is not too bad considering the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

PostSubject: Re: Searching for matches... Driving me nuts   Searching for matches...  Driving me nuts EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:31 pm

So would you say the best thing for me to do would be to just be patient (f#*king very patient) and wait for it to search, or to try jump around and quickly try searching different game types? I'm not fussy, I just wanna play the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for matches... Driving me nuts   Searching for matches...  Driving me nuts Empty

Back to top Go down

Searching for matches... Driving me nuts
Page 1 of 1