Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cant use the gnasher

Go down 
+7
foREVer
Mutlien
Chaz665(SA)
Losthalo51
PFP 585
Blizzard
roswell47
11 posters
AuthorMessage
roswell47
New Recruit
New Recruit

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 2
GOW cash : 4

Cant use the gnasher Empty
PostSubject: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:10 am

Ive played all the Gears games campaign wise but this was the first time I tried to multiplayer. I love the multiplayer itself but i'm realizing its a shotgun game and I cannot for the life of me get the hang of the gnasher. At all. Ive played over 60 games so far and Ive had no more luck with it then the day I picked it up. Ive watched how people do it but the 1 hit kills seem rediculous. Idk.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Blizzard

Number of posts : 34
Gamertag : xBLiZZaRD ii
GOW cash : 50

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:18 am

I hope you know it was never supposed to be a Shotgun game. It was supposed to be overall. However, people learned to abuse the shotty and found out that it was better than the lancer since it had no real range. Thats why the Shotty on Gears 2 sucked so much because they attempted to balance it out by nerfing the shotty badly. Which is why the hammerburst and lancer was pretty powerful. Now Gears 3 balances everything out. Now that the hammerburst is more powerful, lancer works, retro lancer being OP'd as usual... yeah, this was the Gears that Gears 1 was supposed to be. Assault Rifle Long/Mid RANGE, Shotgun Close Range.
Back to top Go down
PFP 585
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 10
GOW cash : 12

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:49 pm

The gnasher takes a while to get used to. Once you get the hang of it you can go on rampages. But if its your first time playing multiplayer I hate to say it but just use the sawed off. Its easiest weapon to use by far ,and will always win you a shotgun fight.(1 on 1)
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm

ugh what the F**** my posts were deleted. Ok let me say this again. The sawed off was meant to help the noobs become better at the game which is the reason for the power it has, now the reload time compensates for the power. This system is not flawed, this is where the gnasher comes into play gnasher combats against the sawed off and the sawed off combats against the gnasher. This system is what I like to call day and night.
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:51 pm

I feel you on the Gnasher man. I'm also quite new to Gears from a multiplayer point of view and it definitley takes some getting used to. Good news is you will eventually. I have forced myself to use it as much as possible these last couple of days since the game has been out and it's starting to pay off. Last night I had some awesome moments with it.

If I can give you a tip from a fellow Gnasher-noob I would say still take a split-second to aim. If you are just rolling around trying to get a lucky shot off chances are you will miss in you inexperience. Aim and give yourself a chance, maybe the other guy is the one rolling around and missing like a fool. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:09 am

I haven't given the MP enough time yet - too busy on Horde and Campaign.... However, I am going to take a load of advice from these pages and throw myself into it big time!

I am off work all day Thursday so will be giving MP a good run through...being a noob is pretty daunting!
Back to top Go down
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:11 am

I already have 700+ kills with the gnasher, it's pretty easy to use for me. I mark an enemy, throw a smoke grenade and rush in with the shotgun and it usually gets me a kill. Then for the rest of the match I try to stay behind cover and not be seen then when I see an enemy with a rifle and not a shotgun I run up really close to them and it's a one hit kill most of the time. It's all about strategy.
Back to top Go down
MrElitE
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
MrElitE

Number of posts : 33
Gamertag : Hiro0o
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:07 am

The Gnasher is the best default weapon bro, if you want to get better I suggest maybe playing some bots in a private match just to get a better understanding of how it works in a mp setting. You might be able to learn a little more without all the pressure of playing competitively online. Once your decent, and making Gnashed potatoes out of all those bots, hope back online!
Back to top Go down
roswell47
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 2
GOW cash : 4

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:34 am

Wow thanks for all the advice, I will definitly try it all. This is exactly what I was looking for thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:55 am

if you want to be good with your gnasher get really good with your camera stick and practice quick scoping(quickly aim and shoot without spinning the camera while scoped in). learn how to put the enemies body in between the box. if you down down people in 2 shots youre on point and have a good gnasher. foot work is also key(in general this references your movement ability) if you need credentials i have 1050+ gnasher kills and ive only had the game since friday night)
Back to top Go down
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:05 am

Don't underestimate the power of hot bullets either, get the first shot of an engagement off and hit with it full on hard aim (LT), you've jus gone 90% towards kill. Good points from the rest of the guys as well
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:58 am

Sadly most Gnasher rushers who fight me get dropped before I do. I never use the gun, Too cheap for getting kills IMO. If you must use it, Just get in close and keep your aim on the enemy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cant use the gnasher   Cant use the gnasher Empty

Back to top Go down

Cant use the gnasher
Page 1 of 1