Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2

Go down 
+6
YOUNG MONEY 511
MrElitE
Mutlien
Losthalo51
firefightCONNOR
mrwaffles829
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mrwaffles829
New Recruit
New Recruit

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1
GOW cash : 3

Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Note this is purely opinion, so please don't rage. Unless it's the good kind....If there is one.... ^_^
Back to top Go down
firefightCONNOR
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 5
GOW cash : 7

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Love 3. The campaign is phenomenal, quite more emotional than the previous iterations. And Horde is kickass. Best of the series yet, excited to play for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:58 pm

I've heard that the story line was a little dissappointing
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:49 am

I think Gears 3 campaign is the best one by far - graphically and story-wise.

I like Horde - not convinced by the battlements and levelling up as yet - the boss waves can be a little too frantic at times.

Loving Beast mode - although I really don't think there should be such a tight time frame to do it in...

The ribbons and medals are a great idea - although getting up to Onyx standard is going to be hellish for some of them...

MP seems really playable and a lot of fun - again, graphically I am blown away.

Back to top Go down
MrElitE
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
MrElitE

Number of posts : 33
Gamertag : Hiro0o
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:16 am

I liked them all, and I did enjoy how story as well. As far as comparing them Gears 3 has been the best so far. It has elements from both of the previous games, aswell as new ones. So yeah hands down Gears 3
Back to top Go down
YOUNG MONEY 511
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
YOUNG MONEY 511

Number of posts : 238
GOW cash : 101

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:11 am

gears 3 campaign was majorly disappointing I don't think the game was worth £42.99 atall if I only played a friends copy or something first I wouldn't have bought it till it dropped in price.. the multiplayer is good but not amazing.. I actually prefer gears 2... I think gears 2 is the best followed by gears 1 then 3 tbh
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:09 am

YOUNG MONEY 511 wrote:
gears 3 campaign was majorly disappointing I don't think the game was worth £42.99 atall if I only played a friends copy or something first I wouldn't have bought it till it dropped in price.. the multiplayer is good but not amazing.. I actually prefer gears 2... I think gears 2 is the best followed by gears 1 then 3 tbh
May I ask what was the most disappointing thing about it?
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 am

I think it's streets ahead of both the previous gears games although the campaign ending was very disappointing. The multiplayer is so much more fluent and horde is mind-blowing.
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:27 am

Campaign isn't over.. Just saying they are adding more stuff to the campaign. Giving new campaigns and such throughout the DLC. So don't be to disappointed yet Razz.

Multiplayer needs a Classic Mode to be great for me..

Sawed-Off just isn't fun.. I don't like playing Gears like Call of Duty.. It just doesn't feel right.

Horde Mode is amazing.. I have beaten Horde on Insane and I have all the upgrades to the fortifications maxed except my turret which is 5 Razz.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:01 am

Yeah wookie youre right, cliff b said that there would be a completely new DLC campaign featuring none of the current delta squad, not sure what to think of this decision.
Back to top Go down
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
dudemaster12

Number of posts : 67
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:26 am

Losthalo51 wrote:
I've heard that the story line was a little dissappointing

I have to admit that after finishing it I didn't have the same sense of awe or completion that the other games gave me. True there will be more campaign DLC but this just left me feeling... almost empty. *SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE CAMPAIGN*

Doms death was very lackluster IMO. He crashed a truck into the fuel tank when at Anvil Gate you do the same thing by shooting it. I can't help but feel they couldn't find a good death for him so they just kind of did it half way. I love the game but the campaign story seemed lacking. Karen Travis wrote good books but her game story didn't play out as well.
Back to top Go down
Peebl0
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Peebl0

Number of posts : 143
Gamertag : PlaguesSpreader
GOW cash : 178

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 7:28 am

Campaign:
- Longest Campaign

- "Puffed" up story, over-hyped "Brothers To the End" tagline, rushed/unsavory ending.

Competitive Multiplayer:

- Nice interface to finding matches online.

- Dedicated Servers? (LOL)

- Take the DBS off, or nerf it to a whole new level of "melee range." I was once a DBS enthusiast, but now I can clearly see that it's presence is simply "alien" to Gears of War... it doesn't belong in the game. The whole premise of a "up close and personal" weapon was already in Gears of War since the first game; the Gnasher. Now this completely redifines all of that which was true in the previous two games.

- Frags are glitchy.

- Maps now have certain spots that encourage camping (Overpass: up top by Scorcher/Turret, Sandbar: middle at Digger/Boom, Gridlock: sides, Hotel: inside by Torque/Snipe or entrances, Drydock: up top, Mercy: inside Digger/Boom spawn)
(No idea why EPIC decided to increase the CMS if the maps they made can easily be camped.)

- Private matches earn you XP (Yay!)

Cooperative Multiplayer:

- 4 player coop in Campaign is awesome, seems pretty polished too: drop-in/drop-out at any time.

- Horde 2.0 is probably the greatest coop experience that anyone can have. Random waves, fortifications, mutators, and BOSSES!

- Beast is a fun little option to kill half an hour, but it can get old quick.

Other Little Things

- Seriously 3.0 needs to be changed (or better said, "The Medals need to be changed".) Vengeful is very unnecessary, it requires you to die five times in a row to a single opponent... then face-punch them. (Personally, I've never died that many times to a single enemy.) The gametype medals are all classified to take the same amount of time, when they don't. Wingman, CTL and KOTH can take much longer than Warzone, TDM or Execution.

- In-Disc DLC and payed Weapon skins: seriously? The maps are in-game and can be played by hackers... but not the cute little paying customers. Oh and, weapon skins are FREE IN AN ACTIVISION GAME. (Ironic isn't it?)

- The "Classic" character skins mouths do not move when speaking. The Carmine brothers use recycled voices. HoD is off often. Savage Corpsers are glitchy.
4 months of extra polish EPIC, 4 months...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2   Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Gears 3 compared to gears 1 and 2
Page 1 of 1