Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horde: Overpass

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

Horde: Overpass Empty
PostSubject: Horde: Overpass   Horde: Overpass EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:36 pm

All the tips and tricks to prevail your way to wave 50 horde and not to die once.

Overpass: This is my favorite map to play Horde on, if you go on top of the middle ramp you can look down over the map and shoot enemeys from all corners.

What difficulty have you completed Horde on? Normal.
I am now working on Hardcore.

Tips:

*Team of at least 4
*Save your money until you can afford to buy the Silverback
*Build up your turrets
*Build up the barricades
*If you face a Berserker do not try to fight it with the Silverback, all you will do is get it blown up.
*Keep tickers and anything else that explodes away from Silverback and turrets.
*Avoid using powerweapons such as Torque Bow, Sniper, BoomShot, Digger, and whatever else goes in there. They become of very little use in the higher waves. They are also very expensive to buy ammo for. $1000 having a power weapon $500 have starter weapons. Although the only time I suggest throughing down your shotgun or Assault Rifle (Never drop your assault rifle in horde) in horde is if you are facing an Armored Kantus or Berserker.

Use these tips wisely.

Silverback is very useful in the wave 1-35 after that it gets beat up really easy and begins to blow up often, when you hit 35 park your Silverback in the back of the base and leave it there until 50 giving it any repairs it needs.

To get from level 1 Silverback to 2 cost $500,000! Once you do get level 2 silverback you get a 33% discount on repairing it from that point forward.

You don't NEED the turrets. But they do help.

How to beat bosses with ease!

Berserker- Use the Flamerthrower, then get the rest of your team to shoot at it while your burning it. Fire makes the Berserker vulnerable and while burning it allows you bullets to do more damage.

Brumak- Kill all the enemys then worry about the Brumak. Brumak is a boss that requires your entire team to be shooting it at once.

Reavers- Silverback rips these apart with ease, though you have to watch out for there rockets.

Lambent Berserkers-
Hard as hell, beating this fella really is all about good teamwork. Though my friends and I found that torque bows in its chest seem to work exceptionally well.

Gunkers-
Silverback destroys these with ease.

Have any questions feel free to ask below! If you would like more Horde tips and such by me simply ask. OR perhaps you want tips on another map, I will try to help.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

PostSubject: Re: Horde: Overpass   Horde: Overpass EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 am

Thanks for this. Myself, a friend and two randoms did waves 1-50 on Sandbar, which I feel is also quite an easy stage to get it on. Build your base on the sandbar (?) part and put up some barriers. Not advanced ones will be best, just cheap variety, but as many as possible. You will have a nice clear shot at all the approaching locust struggling to get through your barriers and can mow them down quickly. Only advanced weapon we actually used was the Hammer of Dawn. You can nail approaching bosses with this thing from miles away on this stage.

Also, I have pretty much only played horde once so far (I will probably play it again tonight) and I'm not sure how to unlock the Silverback?
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Horde: Overpass   Horde: Overpass EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 am

Did 1-50 on gridlock with 2 mates, was pretty easy if you set up base in one of the two main buildings
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Horde: Overpass   Horde: Overpass EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:00 am

Some great tips here Wookie - Thanks! I'm looking to complete the 50 waves tonight so will try it out as you suggest. I'll let you know how we get on!
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Horde: Overpass   Horde: Overpass EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:03 am

I found Thrashball to be the easiest by building a base at the top, get 2 on the right and 2 on the left and the other guy can hang around the middle bit. There's also a turret on either side at the top of the stairs that stops anything getting in from both sides.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horde: Overpass   Horde: Overpass Empty

Back to top Go down

Horde: Overpass
Page 1 of 1