Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Broken Multiplayer?

Go down 
+14
Losthalo51
v Wookiee v
wwuussaaTRON
The Wooden Mask
TheMeInTeam
kraftra
foREVer
Skagdrew
Chaz665(SA)
MrElitE
YOUNG MONEY 511
dudemaster12
SuperAznStoner
Mike NFCT
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:01 am

I wish I could say the venting is helping, instead I fear I've only masturbated my anger this week, which will result in a climatic explosion tonight.
Back to top Go down
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
dudemaster12

Number of posts : 67
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:04 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
I wish I could say the venting is helping, instead I fear I've only masturbated my anger this week, which will result in a climatic explosion tonight.

We all have things that set us off, don't worry about it. I have to agree that often times venting doesn't help me feel better about an issue, it just sharpens the anger that I feel about it. Yet we all do it anyway Very Happy Ah the fallacies of being human. Aren't we wonderful?
Back to top Go down
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:26 am

woah.. umm... im not pro im just not against it and my 1100+ gnasker kills to my under 400 SOS kills says im far from whoring the SOS. if your just upset about the SOS in general bc it is OP its ok i understand lol xD
Back to top Go down
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:15 am

IMO this is the best way to fix some of the problems in multiplayer.

SOS:Give it two shots in one mag but make it so it takes two shots to kill someone at close range.

Sticking grenade to walls: Maybe give it a few seconds before it explodes after it starts beeping.

Spawning: If there are less enemies on one side of the map that's where you should spawn.

Lancer: Just make it do slightly more damage than before.

Thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
kraftra
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 2
GOW cash : 2

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:29 am

Have to agree with everything. If your stuck with a bot(s) on your team, you pretty much lost before the match even started. Change the SOS to a pickup weapon... Really Epic, as if the powered up ARs didn't make the game more noob friendly enough... There was nothing wrong with the spawn systems in the first two, this one leads to spawn camping too much (See mercy/overpass). Back in Gears 2, if you were the last one left on your team, if you were good enough, you could clutch it. In 3, there is no chance in hell of that happening, between insta SOS kills and the powered up ARs, your screwed.

The biggest of these problems is definitely the SOS of course, really, really hope to see some kind of nerf in the future, however they ignored us in the beta so I'm guessing they will again.
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:27 am

Bots are terrible and kill-feed + use 0 strategy. I'd have liked to see them be semi competent but it's worse to have them now than in gears 2.

Only valid complaint here is the spawns. Spawn trap is a serious issue in the game, they need to add different respawn points and/or allow faster flipping.
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:35 am

I completely agree, i say they should make the Spawn Protection to 10 seconds incase of spawn trapping. or have it in like a set area where you cannot shoot or be shot.
Back to top Go down
http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:30 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
I completely agree, i say they should make the Spawn Protection to 10 seconds incase of spawn trapping. or have it in like a set area where you cannot shoot or be shot.

Good ideas, but those solutions pose a few problems:

1) How is spawn trapping defined by EPIC, first and foremost?

2) What constitutes the applicable volume of the spawn, when it's not clearly enclosed such as in Overpass. That is, in more open environments, what are the dimensions of the team spawn point, and are they clearly defined?

3) The latter suggestion can potentially result in a lot of problems, for example if some set standard is implement such as 10 seconds as you proposed here, one could travel freely with invincibility to a BOOMSHOT, and camp it until they are able to fire, or worse being able to pick it up without receiving damage. That would break the game more than Spawn Trapping has.

The biggest problem to address is the search criteria, which clearly states "Searching Skill Level" as the first priority. Other factors need to be considered/ new playlist have to be created if in fact the game is mathematically working out a fair match based on some unknown criteria for skill. I have rarely seen spawn trapping as an issue when playing on equally matched teams, or ones that are not so lopsided. Thus we see the real root of the problem. The better team plants its flag on all heavy weapons, causing people to drop from the match. New players join into this situation unable to get out of their spawns, because everyone has established camping grounds overlooking the newcomers spawn.

So you see SPAWN TRAPPING is a result of other more glaring issues that need to be rectified. In some cases, maps themselves are at fault such as Overpass, but I've been trapped into position on Checkout, and it would seem like that should not happen in a balanced match. This brings into question how adequate the matchmaking process is. If it is merely adding all ranks and dividing by five, and trying to match by ≤ ∆ 10 that would be very poor, as rank can be obtained playing Arcade, Campaign and Horde, and those skills don't translate well into TDM. The answers aren't easy or EPIC would have found them, as it's clear this is a labor of love, and well polished and tested for the most part (aside from 4 player Insane without mutators on final boss)
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:32 am

Faster flipping would only create more noobish behaviors with the shotguns in this game. Do we really want faster flipping, TheMeInTeam?
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:02 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
Faster flipping would only create more noobish behaviors with the shotguns in this game. Do we really want faster flipping, TheMeInTeam?

It's a valid point, but I don't see many good alternatives. On maps like drydock getting trapped on a spawn is nearly impossible to break once it happens. It's not like teams can't figure out spawns have flipped and turn around. I'd prefer it to "match over" the instant one side gets control of a high point + power weapons.
Back to top Go down
MrElitE
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
MrElitE

Number of posts : 33
Gamertag : Hiro0o

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:04 am

Bro you continue ranting on about all this cheap weapon, cheap kills, and cheap players. The SOS is strong, get over it. Skilled players(Me) have found ways around it. The SOS has too many flaws for it to be OP. Shit has no range, and takes about 6 hours to reload. If you cant use those things to your advantage, then I doubt you as skilled as you claim to be.

Just my opinion Homie.
Back to top Go down
wwuussaaTRON
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 3
GOW cash : 3

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:05 am

Heres a way to stop bitching about SOS. Don't rush in there anymore, use angles and distance to your advantage and learn how to play. Bots are annoying but doesnt mean the MP is broken, the one thing about bots i will say is that i would like to be able to hop into the game instead of waiting for one to die in pubs
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:48 am

People will continue to bitch about the SOS..

Of course there is "alternatives"... But it's Gears of War.. Who honestly wants to play Gears cautiously.. It's boring that way..

SOS is a noob weapon. It's reload time isn't as bad as people make it.. And I've got to be honest.. I've been killed by that thing and I know I was way farther then 3 feet away.. I was about 10-15 feet and the damn thing blew me apart.. I was like wtf. The weapon gives people a fake K/D and to the people who care about K/D, they will always hate things that create a fake one.. AKA the noob tube in Call of Duty.. Just clarifying.. And by you bitching at people bitching about the Sawed-off really doesn't make it any better. Just creates more opinions and more arguments and more clever ways to hate on the weapon.. Best way to shut people up about it, is to simply let them bitch.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Mister_Wookiee wrote:
People will continue to bitch about the SOS..

Of course there is "alternatives"... But it's Gears of War.. Who honestly wants to play Gears cautiously.. It's boring that way..

SOS is a noob weapon. It's reload time isn't as bad as people make it.. And I've got to be honest.. I've been killed by that thing and I know I was way farther then 3 feet away.. I was about 10-15 feet and the damn thing blew me apart.. I was like wtf. The weapon gives people a fake K/D and to the people who care about K/D, they will always hate things that create a fake one.. AKA the noob tube in Call of Duty.. Just clarifying.. And by you bitching at people bitching about the Sawed-off really doesn't make it any better. Just creates more opinions and more arguments and more clever ways to hate on the weapon.. Best way to shut people up about it, is to simply let them bitch.

Then complain if you like. Generally speaking, SoS players lose to me when I lancer hip fire, and it's not even over-cautions play, just rounding corners REALLY widely and spraying if I see something...you can't roll or run into that in time to close close enough to get a SoS kill :/. 2 gnasher shot should fare similarly if they both connect (IE they won't close in time). It's not about caution, but rather an adjustment in movement pattern for sos whores.
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:39 pm

They could do what Team fortress 2 did and only let the respective team enter their own spawn and not the others.
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Losthalo51 wrote:
They could do what Team fortress 2 did and only let the respective team enter their own spawn and not the others.
That is a possible solution but I really can't see EPIC doing this.
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:04 pm

of course not
Back to top Go down
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:34 am

please fix people spawning behind me while im already locked in spawn
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:22 am

SuperAznStoner wrote:
please fix people spawning behind me while im already locked in spawn

I know! That has to be the most frustrating thing about this game! I can see if you are camping the spawn hardcore, actually I can't, because in that case they should start spawning me behind the guy camping Boomshot on Mercy. Yes please, EPIC make it so. Spawns are fawked up.
Back to top Go down
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:41 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
I know! That has to be the most frustrating thing about this game! I can see if you are camping the spawn hardcore, actually I can't, because in that case they should start spawning me behind the guy camping Boomshot on Mercy. Yes please, EPIC make it so. Spawns are fawked up.

just when you think youre making a comeback someone on the other team spawns behind you and kills your whole team. WTF EPIC!!! you let me get spawn locked and let them spawn with me... probably the only really frustrating thing about this game.
Back to top Go down
FerretMunch
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 1
GOW cash : 1

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:13 pm

I don't get all of this complaining, get over it. The game isn't as good as the original, but I like the new turn they took with the franchise.

1. Bots are better than nothing. My only gripe is that they're too retarded, and it feels cheap when you're playing a team of 2 or three bots. You can't seriously say that 3v5 is a better option, and besides you can just play ranked anyway.

2. The SOS is very easy to counter. Sure it gets on my nerves at times, but I also can't count how many times I've had some guy try to rush me while I rifle him, or he misses and then is screwed.

3. If you're locked in the spawn, you're not gonna win anyway. And that means that you won't spawn there again if someone else spawns with you.

4. The rifles are very balanced, I see absolutely no problem with them. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, and the cover system still works if your enemy is rifle happy.

5. The best team always wins, but I've witnessed and even got a clutch ribbon a few times. If you seriously want it to be better, then ditch the TDM.

6. Yeah, I never really liked the nade tags, but they aren't really that ridiculous at all.

I seriously can't think of any real gripes that I have with the game. It's always fun to pop it in, crack a few beers, and run around gunning drunken
Back to top Go down
DaNc3witDaJ3Di
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 2
GOW cash : 4

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:21 pm

hey whats up...

new to the site, but not new to gears. I've been playing gears since its original release and played gears 2 from the day it came out and still do sometimes when im frustrated with gears 3. I think the weapons are balanced pretty well, and altho the SOS "seems to be" over powered, i believe it is still a good addition to the gears weaponry. its lack of range and "SUPER LONG RELOAD TIME" makes it a perfect "SITTING DUCK WEAPON" (by sitting duck i mean that it leaves the person holding it with no way to attack for a long period of time, hence the long reload time). Matter of fact, i kill so many more people that use the SOS then any other gun in the game. and on the flip side, when i first jump on gears, its so easy to kill with that gun its usually my first pick for the first couple of matches just until i 'get into my groove". Gears got that right. a lot of times, i'd come home from a long day at work, pop in gears 2, and get so frustrated the first couple of matches cuz it takes so long for me personally to find my rhythm. so, in my isolated case, i think it balances out perfect. the point is, if you suck, it really doesn't matter what weapon you choose, cuz a better player will know how to take you down based on your weapon of choice. and if you keep getting snuck up on, thats your fault, no one elses. i remember people use to complain about the same thing with the chainsaw. just keep your dame eyes open and watch your flank. stop complaining before Epic Ruins this game with unnecessary patches that will ultimately push more players away then it will bring to the table. if you don't like it, go play call of duty and stop misleading other players into thinking this game is unbalanced.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:07 am

DaNc3witDaJ3Di wrote:
hey whats up...

new to the site, but not new to gears. I've been playing gears since its original release and played gears 2 from the day it came out and still do sometimes when im frustrated with gears 3. I think the weapons are balanced pretty well, and altho the SOS "seems to be" over powered, i believe it is still a good addition to the gears weaponry. its lack of range and "SUPER LONG RELOAD TIME" makes it a perfect "SITTING DUCK WEAPON" (by sitting duck i mean that it leaves the person holding it with no way to attack for a long period of time, hence the long reload time). Matter of fact, i kill so many more people that use the SOS then any other gun in the game. and on the flip side, when i first jump on gears, its so easy to kill with that gun its usually my first pick for the first couple of matches just until i 'get into my groove". Gears got that right. a lot of times, i'd come home from a long day at work, pop in gears 2, and get so frustrated the first couple of matches cuz it takes so long for me personally to find my rhythm. so, in my isolated case, i think it balances out perfect. the point is, if you suck, it really doesn't matter what weapon you choose, cuz a better player will know how to take you down based on your weapon of choice. and if you keep getting snuck up on, thats your fault, no one elses. i remember people use to complain about the same thing with the chainsaw. just keep your dame eyes open and watch your flank. stop complaining before Epic Ruins this game with unnecessary patches that will ultimately push more players away then it will bring to the table. if you don't like it, go play call of duty and stop misleading other players into thinking this game is unbalanced.

But it is, unbalanced. There are far too many exploitable weapons/ maps in this game. Yesterday one guy playing against my clan managed to infuriate us even though we were winning. He was a sneaky SOB, and played everything at a distance. He grabbed any weapon he could camp with from afar, like Torque, Sniper, Boltok, Hammerburst, and when we engaged him he would use the cheese of the 3rd person view (knowing when were coming all the time, because he was camping borders), and would simply SOS us. The weapon is just too damn OP. It is not balanced. It instills a kind of fear in players that I have never seen. It disrupts the flow up epic gunfights. It's disruptive, not unlike CODs noob tube was to a proper gun fight. There are people in this game that exploit it to ruin the entertainment value for anybody random. Their whole purpose is to find a battle and flank with SOS for guaranteed kills. It's unfortunate I finished a round 3-4 and someone else 8-2, and all he used was SOS. I knew he wasn't better than me, but just has less qualms about breaking a game. The SOS wasn't nerfed. I've been lied to by EPIC before, and it burned them badly. I'm very outspoken, and have a persuasive personality. If EPIC starts its lying ways again of the "Bigger, Better, more Badass" campaign, it will be very bad for them. They would be better off not fixing a thing, then lying that they have.

EDIT: Let me be frank, any weapon in the right user's hands can instill the same kind of fear that the SOS does. I have greatly feared a Gnasher in the hands of a Gears vet, but you see the problem with the SOS is, it's really not user dependent. We are fearing this gun and being forced to camp, because engaging means finding someone who was camping with an SOS at a corner. Not all corners can be navigated wide enough to avoid its instagib range. That only works in some instances. People camping the door of the fortress on Sandbar or the Sanctuary on Mercy with SOS, can be so detrimental to my sanity.

Now with that said, the SOS in the hands of skilled, very calculating players such at the one I mentioned, can absolutely cause people to drop this game. It induces a sort of powerless feeling. To this day, the only time I've SOS'ed was in the 1st week, and when I have no ammo in my guns. I don't support this kind of exploitation.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:12 am

I agree with Mike on the game being unbalanced and his post describes how probably I and many others feel about the SOS.

Quote: the SOS in the hands of skilled, very calculating players such at the one I mentioned, can absolutely cause people to drop this game. It induces a sort of powerless feeling.

100% agree with this too. I think the ones that moan about it (like myself), are players from Gears and Gears 2 and we've been 'brought up' using the Gnasher. I use to love those moments on Warzone where it was just me left and say 3 others on the other team. The tension and anticipation and adrenaline I got from that being super alert no other game could give me. I can't be in that situation on Gears 3, I see 3 of them now I am forced to camp, even if they split and they all have the SOS I still don't have that confidence I use to have to take them all out which is something I use to have and could do time and time again.

I refuse to join the SOS party and I've already thought that to get the ONYX medal I will boost it with bots in a private match. I'm not moaning about the SOS I'm over it now. It's part of the game so I learnt to deal with it. I posted a few times about wanting the Mansion map to return but with SOS users on that map I will end up losing my sanity Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:45 am

In no way is the SoS overpowered. I don't even use it because its limitations are so obvious.

The guy needs to be practically on top of you to score a kill with it. How is a "clan" letting someone a) control a power weapon and b) also find an area to camp with it conducive to SoS?

That sounds like a failure in map control rather than SoS being OP. Fear of this weapon? Please. It does NOTHING beyond just outside melee range. Nothing. Every weapon in this game can drop someone inside of a second. If a guy is giving you trouble at the edge of a map (kind of silly that 1 person can give a clan trouble this way), then simply hurl a grenade in there after him or cross-fire him with an AR. Good as the torque is, it dies to that swiftly and soundly...the guy can only face 1 direction at a time and if you deny him cover he's screwed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Broken Multiplayer? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken Multiplayer?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next