Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ

Go down 
+4
Mike NFCT
scheezy
TheMeInTeam
Tea Chugger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tea Chugger
New Recruit
New Recruit
Tea Chugger

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 12
Gamertag : Tea Chugger666
GOW cash : 18

"Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ Empty
PostSubject: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:57 am

Hey has anyone had the same problem as me? I'm trying to get my friends and stuff into GoW3 but everyone of them is a CoD fan boy who thinks it sucks just because they suck at it and don't wan't to give it a chance.

They are all used to shooting for a millisecond and getting a kill, like in hardcore CoD. So a game that actually takes skill must suck...
When I first played GoW3 I was horrendous at the game, but I kept playing and now that i'm alright at it. It is a blast.
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Ironically a lot of important skill elements overlap in both games, aside from AR being instant lethal at long ranges. Once you get a little bit of aim skill it usually comes down to decision making rather than "aim skill"...IE a decent player can down someone in the open every time no matter who it is in the open.

But you can't really force people to like it. Just dangle ded servers and balance and maybe you can win them over.
Back to top Go down
scheezy
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
scheezy

Number of posts : 47
Gamertag : ScHeEzY
GOW cash : 67

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:29 pm

i'm right there with you, a lot of my friends have tried to pick it up and said "it's not my kind of game" because they got their asses lit up within the first few minutes. i admit, it takes some getting used to, but i feel as if it's much more rewarding getting a kill in GOW3 than it is in COD any day.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:31 am

Also to note...Gears 3 is a more campy game. In a lot of ways that wont appeal to those who base skill on twitch reflex speeds, and using similarly powerful weapons.

That is If you get M16'd in COD while using your UMP, you see a kill cam and are like you know what? I'm going to switch to my M16 class and rape at a distance too, but in gears 3 if someone boomshot'ed you and you are one of those run n gun guys who base skill on 1v1 ADS speeds and strafing ability, you are not going to respect the person who killed you with a rocket launcher that you may not ever be able to obtain, due to the enemy team being far more coordinated, and camping all the most powerful weapons.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:33 am

There are several ways to appeal to COD heads, but most ideals go against the grain of what is Gears. That being said, so does the SOS--its instadeath just like COD weapons. Give me a Snipe rifle load out or get rid of the SOS. Because that's the only way to balance the long-range and short range game.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 am

In fact having sniper load-outs would appear to the veteran gears players. It would be much more risky to choose that over say an SOS, because you would get raped by a Gnasher at mid to close range. Instead simply being able to flank and kill a skilled Gnasher player with pull of an SOS from >5 feet away.
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:29 am

Forcing someone is going against their opinions and IMO, Shouldn't be done. In reality, I hate CoD. Always have. What "skill" is there in killing me in one second across map because you're a higher rank and have a better gun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:38 am

Onyx Hammerburst wrote:
Forcing someone is going against their opinions and IMO, Shouldn't be done. In reality, I hate CoD. Always have. What "skill" is there in killing me in one second across map because you're a higher rank and have a better gun.

Nearly all guns kill in a second in COD, kind of like real guns. Isn't that awesome?!

There is much skill in COD. It's harder to get kills in that game against skilled players, then it is here, even with kill-streaks taken into account. I can kill the best Gears player on any given night with quite a few exploits. I'm not trying to argue. Both games take skill, but to say COD has none is just ignorance.
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:05 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
Onyx Hammerburst wrote:

Nearly all guns kill in a second in COD, kind of like real guns. Isn't that awesome?!

There is much skill in COD. It's harder to get kills in that game against skilled players, then it is here, even with kill-streaks taken into account. I can kill the best Gears player on any given night with quite a few exploits. I'm not trying to argue. Both games take skill, but to say COD has none is just ignorance.

'Tis my opinion bro.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:51 am

Also, if you like to play both games, it's incredibly hard to get used to one after playing the other for a while. I used to play COD but I was awful at it and just decided to stick to gears which is a choice I'm happy I made. Maybe this is why your friends don't like it. In saying that, some of my mates are good at both.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:06 am

Most of my friends come from Gears of War, and 2 and 3 I never played the COD multiplayer enough to get friends from it (only bought them really for the campaign).

So I suggest trying to make new friends on Gears of War 3 or within this community. I play Horde alot these days with randoms and after 30+ waves of working as a team there's usually friend requests sent to me.

Unless you are talking about your friends who you know personally then yea that's a problem if they are COD followers but you can always make some new ones online to play Gears of War with
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:09 am

No harm in making new friends Smile
Back to top Go down
Tea Chugger
New Recruit
New Recruit
Tea Chugger

Number of posts : 12
Gamertag : Tea Chugger666
GOW cash : 18

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:28 am

You guys make good points. CoD can take skill but you don't have to be too terribly good at video games to rape in CoD. Ive played CoD enough to know that it isn't all that hard. And so it remains that most of my friends will stick with CoD because they do not have the patience you need for GoW3.

However I shall stick with GoW3, I feel it takes a lot more skill which makes it that much more fun when you actually do good and get a lot of kills. CoD almost feels like a grind. I feel way more satisfied killing enemies in GoW.

Back to top Go down
SavageGhost
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
SavageGhost

Number of posts : 32
Gamertag : SAVAGE GHOSTz
GOW cash : 54

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:48 am

Convincing my friends to play Gears of War is a pain in the ass. They won't even touch it because they heard that there were only "like 4 guns". I can't make them play it (let alone like it) so I guess ill just find a group of friends/clan to roll with on gears.

In other words, I NEED A CLAN.

GT: G IH 0 5 T

Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Tea Chugger wrote:
You guys make good points. CoD can take skill but you don't have to be too terribly good at video games to rape in CoD. Ive played CoD enough to know that it isn't all that hard. And so it remains that most of my friends will stick with CoD because they do not have the patience you need for GoW3.

However I shall stick with GoW3, I feel it takes a lot more skill which makes it that much more fun when you actually do good and get a lot of kills. CoD almost feels like a grind. I feel way more satisfied killing enemies in GoW.

In CoD, you win by figuring out where the opposing team is using the position of your allies + spawns, and controlling important areas on the map.

In GoW, you win by figuring where the opposing team is and controlling important areas on the map.

The instant kill vs (typically) longer kill times is a difference, as are weapon pickups in GoW. Nevertheless, the rules that apply to being truly good at one game carry over to the other:

1. Figure out where they are
2. Get into a position that screws them over
3. Shoot them

Both games even have weapons that aren't truly overpowered, but are really annoying! Knife vs SoS. Sound silly? But almost every gun in CoD took at least 2 shots, most 3 (excepting shotguns hitting directly up close), and when you tried to shoot someone and they tried to knife you at the same time, well, you died. Hell, at least in gears of war III the SoS insta-kill makes sense. I don't think anybody is going to run up and knife a navy SEAL or SAS or spetsnaz or any other well trained soldier to kill them instantly when the elite soldier could...well...just shoot them.

Getting blasted to pieces by a sawed off though? Well, that makes sense. Even a 12 year old could blow someone to smithereens if he had that kind of weapon on hand.

People really over-hype aim skill in shooters. Yes you need it. Yes, good players have it. However, it isn't hard to get at least serviceable aim. What wins individual encounters, and what wins games, are decisions the players make. Rush into 2 people and die ----> bad. Control the area of the map that spawns boom shot ----> big advantage. Hiding behind cover because you know the spawns just flipped, and timing your AR fire just right so that they can't roll away ----> easy kill. Someone is rushing your cover position; if you are alert you can jump over it to stun them...but they might roll backwards and just shotgun you after you hop over.

These kinds of decisions make the difference. A lot of the game is actually decided simply by where people choose to go and how aware they are, before a single shot is fired by them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ   "Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ Empty

Back to top Go down

"Gears of War 3 Multiplayer is too hard and it sucks!!" QQ
Page 1 of 1