Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3

Go down 
+3
zharradan4
R3CONxRAAGE
Mutlien
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:52 am

So I jumped on Alpha this morning - turned out to be KOTH with 240 on the clock and not much else...

Am I missing something? I'm sure it said something about customisable stuff?

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
R3CONxRAAGE
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
R3CONxRAAGE

Number of posts : 167
Gamertag : R3CONxRAAGE
GOW cash : 224

PostSubject: Re: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:54 am

Ididn't realise it was there.. I noticed it on the calendar but.. yeah. I've just joined a game of alpha and it is TDM
EDIT I think it's just 4 a side?
Back to top Go down
zharradan4
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
zharradan4

Number of posts : 104
Gamertag : Rhys Marek
GOW cash : 14

PostSubject: Re: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 3:36 am

I thought it was test stuff, not normal stuff
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:32 am

Quote from Epic:

What is Alpha? Glad you asked. Alpha is a new playlist incorporated into Gears of War 3 that offers players a familiar, yet different experience from our standard playlists. So let’s get right to it and take a peek at all of the ingredients that make an Alpha cake.

Team Size: 4
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Execution
Loadout: Lancer/Gnasher
Weapon Pick-ups: Default with the some custom swaps. See below.
Weapon Respawn: Set to “After Pick-up” with quicker respawn times.

We wanted to see how Gears of War 3 would play out if some of the starting weapons were placed on the maps as pick-ups. I’ll lay it all out for you guys so you can set these swaps up and play Private matches with the Alpha settings if you so desire.
• Gorgon -> Hammerburst
• Boltok -> Retro Lancer
• Scorcher -> Sawed-Off

These are playlist swaps and not map specific. So all you need to do is set up these swaps once and then you can play Private matches with the Alpha settings without having to change it up for every map. Nice!

Something to keep in mind here is that this is only the first version of Alpha and the success or failure of this playlist is predicated upon how much you (the community) play and contribute to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:34 am

Ninja wrote:
Quote from Epic:

What is Alpha? Glad you asked. Alpha is a new playlist incorporated into Gears of War 3 that offers players a familiar, yet different experience from our standard playlists. So let’s get right to it and take a peek at all of the ingredients that make an Alpha cake.

Team Size: 4
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Execution
Loadout: Lancer/Gnasher
Weapon Pick-ups: Default with the some custom swaps. See below.
Weapon Respawn: Set to “After Pick-up” with quicker respawn times.

We wanted to see how Gears of War 3 would play out if some of the starting weapons were placed on the maps as pick-ups. I’ll lay it all out for you guys so you can set these swaps up and play Private matches with the Alpha settings if you so desire.
• Gorgon -> Hammerburst
• Boltok -> Retro Lancer
• Scorcher -> Sawed-Off

These are playlist swaps and not map specific. So all you need to do is set up these swaps once and then you can play Private matches with the Alpha settings without having to change it up for every map. Nice!

Something to keep in mind here is that this is only the first version of Alpha and the success or failure of this playlist is predicated upon how much you (the community) play and contribute to it.

Thanks Ninja!
Back to top Go down
Wolfbrand Morro
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Wolfbrand Morro

Clan : UNU
Number of posts : 93
Gamertag : URBitteNbyWOLFY
GOW cash : 140

PostSubject: Re: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:48 am

Alpha would be good...if they didn't have the Sawed-Off in it at all
Back to top Go down
http://unuclan.enjin.com
stormz 1
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 21
GOW cash : 33

PostSubject: Re: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:53 am

does the game type cahnge for quick match as well as ranked? i played a couple of quick matches and the three consecutive matches it was the same gametype. so i backed out, chose ranked, and thats where i was able to vote on the gametype. question, does the gametype rotate randomly in quick matches? or does it stay the same until u back out and search for another quick match?
Back to top Go down
stormz 1
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:40 am

can anyone answer this question for me plz?
Back to top Go down
W1Z22
Founding Member
Founding Member
W1Z22

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 568
Gamertag : W1Z22
GOW cash : 518

PostSubject: Re: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:51 am

quick you dont have a choice.. its called QUICK match so u can join quick.. ranked is were u go to select gametypes
Back to top Go down
stormz 1
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:56 am

i kno but my question is, in quick match will it still alternate gametypes? or the first gametype u get is the one you will stay with for every map if you dont backout?

p.s - thanks for responding man i appreciate it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3   Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpha playlist in Gears of War 3
Page 1 of 1