Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol

Go down 
+5
stormz 1
nulgath
v Wookiee v
Klumz3yMick3y
itsbenniblack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
itsbenniblack
General RAAM
General RAAM
itsbenniblack

Clan : Kryll Ever
Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 174
Gamertag : Huskieee
GOW cash : 214

talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol Empty
PostSubject: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:06 pm

ok so i decided to go into gamestop to see what games that are old are for cheap.
i get in line and i see this guy handing in GOW 2 and 3! i said your going to be mad
that you will have to buy gow3 again once you leave, he was like why?, and i replied
because of all the content coming, new character's from previous versions, more MP Maps,
new campaign, more achievements, and so on... dude looked at me and was like hmmmm
how much for the season pass lol. i just said to him your a wise man. plus he would have
only gotten 20 dollars IF that for the trade in and would of had to rebuy it for 35-40$...
Back to top Go down
Klumz3yMick3y
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Klumz3yMick3y

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 42
Gamertag : Klumz3yMick3y
GOW cash : 50

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:12 pm

Well done my man, well done. I dont get why people would trade in a game that just came out, buy it for full price, then return it, and get half their money back lol ESPECIALLY if it's a gears game
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:18 pm

That's why theres eBay. You can always sell newer games that are used and still in great shape for 45-50 bucks easy.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:42 pm

u might have just spoiled my chance to get gow 3!!!!!!!
for xmas
Back to top Go down
stormz 1
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 21
GOW cash : 33

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:24 am

actually gamestop only offered me 11 $ for gears 3. only reason i was gonna trade it in was becuz my first one was eaten by my xbox, and wouldn't allow me to play it or install it to my usb drive. So i bought a new one, installed it to my usb, now i can play off the usb with the broken disc still in my xbox. so since i felt i didn't need the new one anymore, i went to trade it in for need for speed the run, and they told me 11 bucks. after 15 minutes of trying to convince him that gave is worth a hell of a lot more, i shoved all those wack ass gameinformers all over the floor then walked out wit my game. fuck gamestop.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:53 am

stormz 1 wrote:
actually gamestop only offered me 11 $ for gears 3. only reason i was gonna trade it in was becuz my first one was eaten by my xbox, and wouldn't allow me to play it or install it to my usb drive. So i bought a new one, installed it to my usb, now i can play off the usb with the broken disc still in my xbox. so since i felt i didn't need the new one anymore, i went to trade it in for need for speed the run, and they told me 11 bucks. after 15 minutes of trying to convince him that gave is worth a hell of a lot more, i shoved all those wack ass gameinformers all over the floor then walked out wit my game. fuck gamestop.
Really? All they did was make you an offer, you don't have to take it. I'm not understanding the reason for rage. scratch
Re-sell it on ebay.
Back to top Go down
stormz 1
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 21
GOW cash : 33

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:40 am

cuz i had just bought it two days prior. They sold it to me told me it was "new" condition, but it was not sealed. I ASKED THEM IF THEY TAKE GAMES BACK FOR THE PRICE I PAID AND THE GUY TOLD ME YES ONLY IF IT WAS A NEW ITEM. So when i came back two days later, the same kid told me he couldn't give me the exact credit i paid for it becuz it was NOT SEALED!!!! he told me he could only give me their going rate for a used gears 3, which was 11$. SCREW THAT BUSINESS. NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:50 am

Once you break the seal, it becomes a second hand game. They have set prices for second hand games and that's what he offered you. When you buy a new game you expect it to be sealed right? Thats without going into all the piracy issues.
Sell it on ebay in "As New Condition" you'll claw back more of your money that way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 4:12 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
Once you break the seal, it becomes a second hand game. They have set prices for second hand games and that's what he offered you. When you buy a new game you expect it to be sealed right? Thats without going into all the piracy issues.
Sell it on ebay in "As New Condition" you'll claw back more of your money that way. Very Happy

Exactly - and Ebay is definitely the place to get some of that cash back!
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:35 am

stormz 1 wrote:
cuz i had just bought it two days prior. They sold it to me told me it was "new" condition, but it was not sealed. I ASKED THEM IF THEY TAKE GAMES BACK FOR THE PRICE I PAID AND THE GUY TOLD ME YES ONLY IF IT WAS A NEW ITEM. So when i came back two days later, the same kid told me he couldn't give me the exact credit i paid for it becuz it was NOT SEALED!!!! he told me he could only give me their going rate for a used gears 3, which was 11$. SCREW THAT BUSINESS. NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN.

Dude totally agree with your point about if they guy sold you it unsealed and then refused to give you the full credit back, I would be pissed, but at the same time I wouldn't ever buy a new game with the seal broken.

Easiest thing you should have done is got the guy to sign the recipe with a note saying the game is not sealed when bought, so when you take the game back it is written on the recipe (spelling :S) and they can't refuse to give you the full asking price back as the recipe states that is the condition you were sold it in. (just for your future referance)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 am

It would be mint if the sales person was called Jamie Oliver, especially as you want him to sign that recipe! santa
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:57 am

Shut it you, I knew I spelt it wrong but in too lazy to check plus screaming baby. Lol
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:59 am

DaveChaos wrote:
Shut it you, I knew I spelt it wrong but in too lazy to check plus screaming baby. Lol

Anyone else think we should call childline? Seriously dude, using screaming babies to type with is all kinds of wrong!
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:04 am

Well she might as well be useful for something! All she does is eat, shit and cry and I know that's all you do and look you can type so thought give her a go at it ;-) lol
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:47 am

DaveChaos wrote:
Well she might as well be useful for something! All she does is eat, shit and cry and I know that's all you do and look you can type so thought give her a go at it ;-) lol

Possibly the best response ever lmao
Back to top Go down
UNV Rasta
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 16
Gamertag : UNV Rasta
GOW cash : 18

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:54 pm

lolol that funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol   talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol Empty

Back to top Go down

talked a guy out of trading in GOW3 yesterday lol
Page 1 of 1