Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

modded controller

Go down 
+2
UNV Rasta
BigStu4q
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

modded controller Empty
PostSubject: modded controller   modded controller EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:39 am

was just reading through the wingman tournaments thread and alot of people are talking about modded controllers, i've also heard people on in game chat talking about them.

can someone please explain to me what they are? i get the general concept of modding the controller out but i cant see how they can do much in the way of increasing rate of fire etc.

i just don't know much when it comes to this sort of thing Embarassed
Back to top Go down
UNV Rasta
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 16
Gamertag : UNV Rasta
GOW cash : 18

modded controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: modded controller   modded controller EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Have you ever been hit with a hammerburst and go down even b4 u have time to react? That's a mod hehehe
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

modded controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: modded controller   modded controller EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:12 am

modded controllers are like hacking the game to give you an advantage over the others, Like for example aimbotting it autolocks for headshots only
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

modded controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: modded controller   modded controller EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:18 am

No Halo lol. There isn't a controller programed to do that to my knowledge. If there it is, it's VERY expensive.

Modded controllers have what people call Rapid Fire Chips in them. What these to they have a program in them that when you pull down the right trigger it shoots as if you are pulling the trigger very very fast. You can set your own speed to these to. The fastest controller out there I believe is 500 SPS (Shots per second) But on average most people have 15-30 SPS. Gears of War 3, the fastest I believe you can go is 7 SPS and a modded controller can do that easily and consistantly. Is it possible for a human to hit that? Yes but not as accurate or consistantly. Simple way to tell if it's a mod or not.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

modded controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: modded controller   modded controller EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Azrahgade wrote:
No Halo lol. There isn't a controller programed to do that to my knowledge. If there it is, it's VERY expensive.

Modded controllers have what people call Rapid Fire Chips in them. What these to they have a program in them that when you pull down the right trigger it shoots as if you are pulling the trigger very very fast. You can set your own speed to these to. The fastest controller out there I believe is 500 SPS (Shots per second) But on average most people have 15-30 SPS. Gears of War 3, the fastest I believe you can go is 7 SPS and a modded controller can do that easily and consistantly. Is it possible for a human to hit that? Yes but not as accurate or consistantly. Simple way to tell if it's a mod or not.
what you just said is exactly what i said anything that changes the way something acts in a game is a unfair advantage
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

modded controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: modded controller   modded controller EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:06 am

Losthalo51 wrote:
Azrahgade wrote:

what you just said is exactly what i said anything that changes the way something acts in a game is a unfair advantage

It's not a hack. Modded Controllers aren't illegal to my knowledge. They are sold at Wal-Mart. If you do modify your controller it breaks the warranty with microsoft. Which means if you break it your shit out of luck. It doesn't change the way anything acts. The functions a Modded Controller can do is simply what a very good player can do. Just it makes it easier if you have one. As in Single shot guns. Like Hammerburst, and the snub pistol. They are they ONLY 2 weapons in Gears of War that can be effected in anyway on Gears of War 3. Everything else isn't. JTAG xbox is the source that people use hacks and such to get the unfair advantage like having a rapid fire gnasher (Happened to me in Gears 2 and it wasn't the graphic glitch, it killed you in 1 shot.) One of the most popular hacks in Gears 2 was the super speed invincibility mod. Which was indeed a JTAG mod.

Hacks and Controller mods are 2 completely different things.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

modded controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: modded controller   modded controller EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:28 am

I am sick of getting battered online by those Hammerburst (looks like a one shot cos it fires and kills so quick) mofos.
Back to top Go down
Sole
Cole Train
Cole Train
Sole

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 479
Gamertag : STEADY KNOCKIN
GOW cash : 462

modded controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: modded controller   modded controller EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Razer Onza, No mod and best controller Smile
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

modded controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: modded controller   modded controller EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:25 am

Just been playing BTTE and had my ass handed to me by yet another Hammerburst kills me in 0.03 seconds modded or whatever you wanna call it mofo. Seriously getting sick of it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

modded controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: modded controller   modded controller Empty

Back to top Go down

modded controller
Page 1 of 1