Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke' Empty
PostSubject: Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke'   Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke' EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 9:29 pm

'No publisher' will license content less than two years old, says Michael Pachter.

Gaming industry analyst Michael Pachter has spoken out against Sony's PlayStation Now, saying that it has "no prayer" of working.

Speaking in the March 2014 issue of Game Informer, Pachter says, "PlayStation Now is a joke. There is no publisher that is going to license content that's less than two-years old because they would be concerned that they can't sell as many copies if they make it available for subscription or rental."
"This has no prayer of working. None."

Sony's head of hardware marketing, John Koller, has hit back at the criticisms, claiming that publishers are being "exceedingly bullish" about PlayStation Now's prospects. In the above video, however, we addressed the PlayStation 4's rumored future ability to emulate retro PlayStation games, and what impact it might have on PlayStation Now's success.
Playstation Now is a content-streaming service that aims to bring games to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, televisions, and mobiles devices. Beta invites for the service started to go out to select users last week.
For more on the PlayStation Now, see our hands-on impressions from CES, or our comedy video feature, How Bad Could PlayStation Now Be?
The full service is due to launch this summer in the US, with a UK release following next year.
Are you one of the lucky gamers to have been invited to the private beta? Do you think that the PlayStation Now will be as much of a failure as Pachter suggests?

[via: IGN]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke'   Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke' EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Hard to tell really. I like Sony's attempts to bring us a way of playing older games.

I've got to say I'm not sure I'd pay a subscription to stream Gears of War 3 when I can just turn on my 360 and put a disc in.

There are very few old games I would go back to now. I find that it's better to leave the memory of playing them alone. Has anyone tried playing San Andreas since GTA5? It's not quite the same. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Perkinator
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Perkinator

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 31
Gamertag : Perkinator 2001
GOW cash : 41

PostSubject: Re: Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke'   Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke' EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:37 am

Im going to get backlash for this but tbh I think gow2 is a better game than gears 3 BUT Gears 3 is mah favourite
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Re: Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke'   Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke' EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:38 am

Perkinator wrote:
Im going to get backlash for this but tbh I think gow2 is a better game than gears 3 BUT Gears 3 is mah favourite

I agree, I thought Gears 2 was the best one, but I enjoyed Gears 3 multiplayer more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke'   Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke' Empty

Back to top Go down

Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'Playstation now is a joke'
Page 1 of 1