Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
iDuskk
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 34
GOW cash : 59

What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow Empty
PostSubject: What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow   What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 5:58 pm

I'm not specifically talking about THIS community here on gearsofwarfans.com but the general gears of war community as a whole. We have a bit of time in between Gears 3 and Gears 4, and the community has been making a bit of a comeback as of late. Gears related forums such as this becoming more active, more people online playing gears, Hypefestation continuing to run competitive Gears of War 3 tournaments, etc. So I want to discuss what else can people do to help promote gears of war, and get people back on the bandwagon and get hyped for the next game?

Creating content on youtube is a great way to do so in my opinion which is why I do that, but not everyone has the time/money to put into a good youtube channel, but there are plenty of other ways to help. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iduskk
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow   What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 7:23 pm

Must admit its hard to come up with ideas when there is little info on what\when the next Gears will be.
Twitter is great for posting about any news/matches that maybe going on in the Gears universe.
Creating community Gears nights to remind people how much fun they have playing it.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
iDuskk
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 34
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow   What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Well one thing we learned from last hypefestation is Black Tusk cares alot about the future of gears. They went to all the teams that were competing, pro and amature teams, and took notes on what they liked/disliked about gears 3 and what they would want to see in the future for gears. I heard that and thats what made me really start promoting gears again, because its so nice to have developers who care.

I agree its hard since there isn't a whole lot of info about the next gears, but that doesnt mean we still cant promote Gears of War 3 and make gears relevant again. I like the idea of community nights alot, I used to do them on my livestream and they were a ton of fun. Most fun I've had playing gears probably. Do these forums still do them for gears? I know theres a section for them, but it doesnt seem all that active.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iduskk
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow   What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Yeah we use to do them and I know there's a few people who still do but I think quite slot of people have traded in their 360s for XB1s so that's one reason. Publik and I have real trouble getting online with our 360s (don't know why) so kinda gave up trying for a long time.
Will have to try and set up a gears night, I think a big part is trying to get everyone on at same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow   What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow Empty

Back to top Go down

What can we as a community do to help the GoW community grow
Page 1 of 1