Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Phobos.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iDuskk
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 34
GOW cash : 59

RIP Phobos. Empty
PostSubject: RIP Phobos.   RIP Phobos. EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 8:22 am

http://hypefestation.com/one-of-ours-has-fallen/

I haven't made any posts lately while I've been working on my new gaming setup, which is done now, so I'll be back on these forums, but I just heard about the recent tragedy that fell upon the Gears of War Esports scene. I'm sharing this here because I know the majority of people here don't follow Gears of War Esports, however at the end of the day, we are all one Gears of War community, regardless if you just sling around your retro/sawed off combo in quickmatch, or if you spend 6 hours a day scrimmaging against other top teams trying to be the best.

For those who don't know who Phobos is, He was a professional Gears of War player on the team AmazYn. He had a championship under his belt from MLG Anaheim for Gears of War 2, and he was a great member of the community. If you didn't read the article, he was robbed during a Craigslist meeting, and shot to death. It really makes me reflect on how fast things can go wrong in life. Again I know most here don't care about the Esports scene, but Phobos was a great community member, and nobody deserves this kind of tragedy.

There is a gofundme link on that hypefestation article I linked to help raise funds for the funeral. If anyone wants to help contribute, it would be greatly appreciated. I also think its great that Black Tusk took the time to say a few things about the incident, if there was any doubt about them caring about the Gears Community, its clear now that they really do.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this with fellow Gearheads. Stay safe everyone, and next time you're fragging it up on gears, drop some locust for Phobos.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iduskk
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

RIP Phobos. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Phobos.   RIP Phobos. EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:37 pm

This is really sad. I read the article and as shocking as the shooting is, it is made even worse by the fact that there was a 16 month old just feet away when the shot was fired.... Awful news Sad
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

RIP Phobos. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Phobos.   RIP Phobos. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 2:06 am