Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist  Empty
PostSubject: TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist    TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:56 pm

So it seems that The Freedom From Religion Foundation Filed a law suit Against the texas Gov. Rick Perry for his Role planned the upcoming prayer rally being staged by the American Family Association

USATODAY wrote:
The complaint alleges Perry violated the First Amendment's establishment clause by organizing, promoting and participating in the event.
"The answers for America's problems won't be found on our knees or in heaven, but by using our brains, our reason and in compassionate action," said Dan Barker, a co-director of the foundation. "Gov. Perry's distasteful use of his civil office to plan and dictate a religious course of action to 'all citizens' is deeply offensive to many citizens, as well as to our secular form of government."
the Backers to the event are furious "This is tantamount to a lawsuit declaring Governor Perry is unable to attend church on Sundays. It's the most outrageous thing I've ever seen."

www.onenewsnow.com wrote:
An atheist organization is suing Texas Governor Rick Perry, a possible presidential candidate, for initiating a private prayer event scheduled for August 6 in Houston.

The Freedom from Religion Foundation is suing in federal court over Perry's upcoming prayer event that is sponsored and promoted by the American Family Association (AFA). The press release states that the pro-family group "promotes a rabid evangelical Christian agenda that is hostile to nonbelievers, non-Christians and other protected groups, such as gays and lesbians."

FFRF fires back that that AFA "promotes a rabid evangelical Christian agenda that is hostile to nonbelievers, non-Christians and other protected groups, such as gays and lesbians."
Back to top Go down
Peebl0
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Peebl0

Number of posts : 143
Gamertag : PlaguesSpreader
GOW cash : 178

PostSubject: Re: TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist    TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:23 am

I've no idea why people get so angry over others' beliefs, it's sickening.

Radical Atheists are one example, but the Christian groups also exhibit a similar behavior when it comes to homosexuals.

I myself don't know with who to side on this, but I will agree that it doesn't look right when government officials use religion. (lol, my poor godfather has been dealing with these noobs for a LOOOOONG time. :p)

Sylvestre Reyes > Any other Texas official

Last edited by Peebl0 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelling)
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist    TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:29 am

i know right i wish people would just stop lol im Christian but i don't push my religion out there and piss everyone off in the midst of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist    TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist  Empty

Back to top Go down

TEXAS: Atheist Group Sues Gov. Rick Perry Over Christianist
Page 1 of 1