Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gabe’s Business Plan? “Not Sucking”

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

Gabe’s Business Plan? “Not Sucking” Empty
PostSubject: Gabe’s Business Plan? “Not Sucking”   Gabe’s Business Plan? “Not Sucking” EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:45 pm

RockpaperNotch wrote:

Gabe’s Business Plan? “Not Sucking” Valve

Say what you like about the dangers and problems of Steam’s digital distribution hegemony. Grumble about the lack of Half-Life 3. Point out that Valve are currently just making remakes. But interviews like this one remind us why Valve are where they are: “Premature monetization is the root of all evil,” says Gabe. “I think not sucking is way more of an important thing to pay attention to first.” That Valve business plan? Apparently just an enthusiasm for games: “Dota 2 is really a result of Erik and a couple other guys being huge fans of IceFrog. So that’s not like this incredibly, deeply reasoned business strategy.”

Lot’s more gems through the link, such as how Portal 2 sold more on PC than on the consoles, or how they love to talk “enemy design or user generated content” with Doug Church, but totally haven’t said what the Looking Glass veteran is working on… (Although he got a credit on Portal 2.)
I don't really care too much on the business plan steam is steam I like it regardless
Back to top Go down

Gabe’s Business Plan? “Not Sucking”
Page 1 of 1