Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KiLLUMiNATi9110
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : oG KiLLa STaTuS
GOW cash : 80

Cheap xbox 360 video capture device? Empty
PostSubject: Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?   Cheap xbox 360 video capture device? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Looking to possibly start making videos and i need advice.

Anybody know of a good "starter set"? Im looking at something like the Dazzle Platinum, but im getting very mixed reviews about its newer counterpart the Dazzle Video creator plus. Most of what i read is about Pinnacle being a super cheapy brand.

Just looking for a few other suggestions possibly in the same price range.

Would also love any info on this topic in general as I'm going into this pretty much blind.
Back to top Go down
Sole
Cole Train
Cole Train
Sole

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 479
Gamertag : STEADY KNOCKIN
GOW cash : 462

PostSubject: Re: Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?   Cheap xbox 360 video capture device? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:23 am

Dazzle is probably going to get you the best quality you can get with SD and price is using anywhere from 0-$80. But to record HD(HD PVR, blackmagic,etc) you can spend anywhere from $100-$250.

Depends how much you want to spend.
Back to top Go down
KiLLUMiNATi9110
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?   Cheap xbox 360 video capture device? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Is the roxio game capture any good? Obviously im reading reviews and what not but if anyone on here uses it i would like to know your experience with it,or even see some of your videos or details on your setup.

Seems like the most specialized for what i want to do,plus the price is right at $100 so its not too bad.

Any help would be appreciated,thanks
Back to top Go down
Sole
Cole Train
Cole Train
Sole

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 479
Gamertag : STEADY KNOCKIN
GOW cash : 462

PostSubject: Re: Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?   Cheap xbox 360 video capture device? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:17 pm

I heard that the roxio is pretty bad.

Do you want to record in SD or HD?
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?   Cheap xbox 360 video capture device? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:17 am

I was using a USB capture card (around £10 - £20) cheap on Ebay. But needed all kinds of wires to get it hooked up and the quality wasn't really good. Eventually it failed that's why I have nothing up until now since Gears 3 came out (I was using it to capture Beta footage).

I got a Roxio Game capture today and at first the quality was shit but if you record in AVI and then export it as DIVX 720 60fps then you can upload it to youtube and it's pretty good.

It comes with softare to edit the videos it aint that bad alot of people say it's bad but if you get the settings right it will be good quality. Change the brightness to about 55 the contrast to about 55 and the saturation to about 64 there's guides on Youtube for it.

I'll be uploading a video soon now I am capturing again and you will be able to see how the quality is with a Roxio.

You can play in HD but the Roxio actually only records in 480p (not HD) but with a few tweaks as mentioned above it's as good as HD. The only other option is spending up to £200 for a HD PVR or something similar!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?   Cheap xbox 360 video capture device? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Oh and here's the video I uploaded so you can see the quality, although you can use other software to capture and edit, there's a program called VirtualDub (free) which is better for capturing if you use settings on a Youtube guide but I tried it and the sound fell behind after about 30 seconds so I gave up with that one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
KiLLUMiNATi9110
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?   Cheap xbox 360 video capture device? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Ninja,am i missing something? I dont see the video?
Back to top Go down
xXxAR35xXx
New Recruit
New Recruit
xXxAR35xXx

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 9
Gamertag : xXxAR35xXx
GOW cash : 11

PostSubject: Re: Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?   Cheap xbox 360 video capture device? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:49 pm

get the easycap that is cheap... really cheap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?   Cheap xbox 360 video capture device? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap xbox 360 video capture device?
Page 1 of 1