Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention Empty
PostSubject: Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention   Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 11:49 pm

Adds swappable backgrounds, colours schemes, see-through tiles and more!!

Have you got time in your life for some thumping rock music and a range of charming transparency effects? Then gaze in awe and consternation at this "Ultimate Xbox One UI" video mock-up from PrimeGhost Gaming.

Knocked together using Adobe Flash, it's a bit rough and ready in places, but the idea of being able to switch in different backgrounds care of a sidebar seems very worthwhile. The video appears to have impressed Microsoft PR man Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb. More to follow?

There continues to be upset about the discrepancy between Xbox One and Xbox 360's user interface and dashboard functionality. Nelson has claimed that it's unrealistic to expect feature parity between an eight year old console and a machine with completely different processing architecture that's only been on sale for months - according to he, Microsoft "can't just plop Xbox 360 features into the code base of Xbox One".

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention   Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention EmptyThu May 01, 2014 5:33 am

I don't know if making the x1 dashboard like the 360 is possible or not but they created it so you know they can fix it. As for all the things that are shown in the video that would be cool but I'm much more interested in other things being fixed. The chat still only seems to work when it wants to. My x1 has a life of its own. It'll flip to my friends list in the middle of a game and do other things like that. It doesn't happen every time we play but it does happen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Re: Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention   Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention EmptyThu May 01, 2014 5:45 am

I wouldn't want to go back to the 360 dashboard, new system new look, I liked some of the old features which they've took out but slowly putting what's needed back in!

That's a strange one, never heard of anyone's xbox doing that, have you contacted xbox support because it might be a fault with your xbox or even your controller if it's snapping or switching windows.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention   Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention EmptyThu May 01, 2014 6:44 am

xReviveMeFoolx wrote:
I don't know if making the x1 dashboard like the 360 is possible or not but they created it so you know they can fix it. As for all the things that are shown in the video that would be cool but I'm much more interested in other things being fixed. The chat still only seems to work when it wants to. My x1 has a life of its own. It'll flip to my friends list in the middle of a game and do other things like that. It doesn't happen every time we play but it does happen.
Do you have your Kinect plugged in? The Kinect pick up all sorts of background noise and can mistake them for commands. I turned my Kinect off and didn't have any more issues like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Re: Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention   Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention EmptyThu May 01, 2014 9:24 am

Very Cool i do hope the X1 has game themes soon, just colors just seems bland
Back to top Go down
http://oujastrikeblogs.wordpress.com/
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention   Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Publik NME no1 wrote:
xReviveMeFoolx wrote:
Do you have your Kinect plugged in? The Kinect pick up all sorts of background noise and can mistake them for commands. I turned my Kinect off and didn't have any more issues like that.

Yes, it is plugged in. I'll unplug it and see how it goes. I hadn't thought about the Kinect hearing things being the issue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention   Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:47 am

Cool video but never been that bothered about the theme in the background. Its never on the home screen for long, got me Titanfall to play  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention   Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets MS's attention
Page 1 of 1