Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

having a problem with the new map packs.

Go down 
+2
Ninja
stormz 1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stormz 1
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 21
GOW cash : 33

having a problem with the new map packs. Empty
PostSubject: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:23 pm

I downloaded them on my xbox, played the first night, everything was fine. However, I go to my friends house, (he downloaded the maps too) recover my gamertag, go to start a match and it tells me the host has downloadable content that I do not. So I follow the prompt and download the maps again. Try to start a match and it tells me the same thing over again. I tried this method three times. Then I go to dashboard, delete the maps off his harddrive. Go back to gears 3, download the maps again, but it still gives me the same error. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there anything I can do? This my thanksgiving weekend, I was looking forward to playing some gears but now it looks like there's yet another problem with gears. This is getting rediculous already.
Back to top Go down
stormz 1
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Ok I see the mods in this site don't do a Damn thing. Thanks for the answers everyone, Lmao guess this site is a graveyard. From now on ill be searching for a higher populated website for my gears 3 answers, since this site is trash now. Thanks for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:32 am

LMFAO! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

Clan : MNM
Number of posts : 292
Gamertag : Asphalt Mayhem
GOW cash : 318

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:38 am

How immature, give it time for people to answer lol

Back to top Go down
Cofich
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Cofich

Clan : XGL
Number of posts : 39
Gamertag : CoFiCh18
GOW cash : 43

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:57 am

I never experienced problems with gears 3. Maybe its because you recovered your gamertag on your friends xbox, idk. Question
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:15 am

That a good suggestion.

Isn't the content registered to a unique gamertag?
Back to top Go down
Cofich
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Cofich

Clan : XGL
Number of posts : 39
Gamertag : CoFiCh18
GOW cash : 43

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:17 am

it probably is.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:33 am

DLC is tied with the console it was downloaded too so recovering a gamertag on another console won't work.

Sorry for the late reply but obviously no one had the answer and I didn't see this post until now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
stormz 1
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:20 pm

yea my bad for the emo response i gave before, i forgot it was a holiday weekend for everyone and i realize that you guys have lives as well. I apologize. but the d/l content was downloaded wit my stormz 1 account, so i thought that redownloading it witthe same gamertag would fix the issue, but it hasn't. we can only split screen when im at his house, its only when i try to play on my gamertag only, that the error pops up. its really wierd, especially concidering that it was free. i dunno, but thanks to the responses guys, greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:39 pm

UNLUCKY!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:39 am

nulgath wrote:
UNLUCKY!!!!!!!!!!

I think the whole licience thing on the xbox stinks. If youve bought it, you should be able to share it on a limited amount of consoles. What happens if you own 2 xboxs, your screwed as they want to to buy it again. Daylight robbery!!!
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:39 pm

true, there should be an option that all stuf u buy on ur avatar stays with him even if deleted from the console, expecially avatar items.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: having a problem with the new map packs.   having a problem with the new map packs. Empty

Back to top Go down

having a problem with the new map packs.
Page 1 of 1