Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

feelings on kill stealing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

feelings on kill stealing Empty
PostSubject: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:04 pm

i was wondering this last night after i got a rather abusive msg from a guy claiming i stole his kill, technically he was right although he put a guy down then got headshotted before he could finish him. i figured it was better i finished him rather then have him recover as both our teams were out of respawns.

what are peoples feelings? was i wrong?
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:16 pm

I steal kills because I get so many stolen from me. It all balances out in the end IMO.

What does piss me off is when I buy a fortification in standard Horde and someone else uses it, especially the command centre. They even use it too early and only get one kill which is a total waste. I've started quiting out when this happens as they are just being dicks. Playing with randoms is so annoying sometimes.
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:12 am

I don't steal kills intentionally but if we are in the heat of the moment I sometimes take one. But I always try to get it back to the person if they are communicating. In no way is killing stealing right, it's lazy and disrespectful.. Also hurts the team morale because instead of trying to win, your just trying to steal a kill.

But if he died and he downed a guy... No it's not wrong to take the kill.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:30 am

Azrahgade wrote:
I don't steal kills intentionally but if we are in the heat of the moment I sometimes take one. But I always try to get it back to the person if they are communicating. In no way is killing stealing right, it's lazy and disrespectful.. Also hurts the team morale because instead of trying to win, your just trying to steal a kill.

Disrespectful is a bit strong, and team morale? It's only a game. LOL
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:55 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
I steal kills because I get so many stolen from me. It all balances out in the end IMO.

What does piss me off is when I buy a fortification in standard Horde and someone else uses it, especially the command centre. They even use it too early and only get one kill which is a total waste. I've started quiting out when this happens as they are just being dicks. Playing with randoms is so annoying sometimes.

Yes to this indeed! I have quit out of a fair few recently for this very reason - fortification stealing is a real issue! You want a command center? F*****g buy / earn one then. Idiots. And using them too early when stealing is even worse you retards. Private horde only from now on. Rant over.
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Publik NME no1 wrote:
Azrahgade wrote:

Disrespectful is a bit strong, and team morale? It's only a game. LOL

I hate it when people say that. It's freaking annoying.. I know it's a game. I'm well aware. But I still want the things I work for. That's the same with anyone.

And yes it is disrespectful to a Gears player. Because it frustrates people and people don't like it. And if it's intentional your intentionally frustrating them and it's disrespectful.

Now I explained my view like he asked for it. Don't criticise me. I go for the W in anything I play. That's how I am.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:22 pm

I'll criticise if I wan't. This is a chat forum after all. Wink

I don't see how anyone thinks that they garner respect on a video game.

For example my Mate and I were playing on versus the other night and we got wasted apart from one guy on our team, who proceeded to win the match in a 4 on 1 situation. He was probably the best player we'd ever seen. However we didn't say "Wow this guy is amazing, he's great", instead we said "Man this guy needs to get a life". It doesn't matter how good you are at a video game you're not going to be respected for it. LOL
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Publik NME no1 wrote:

For example my Mate and I were playing on versus the other night and we got wasted apart from one guy on our team, who proceeded to win the match in a 4 on 1 situation. He was probably the best player we'd ever seen. However we didn't say "Wow this guy is amazing, he's great", instead we said "Man this guy needs to get a life". It doesn't matter how good you are at a video game you're not going to be respected for it. LOL

That's why guys like Like Butter, Golden Glove, and all those guys like them on YouTube get paid for a living from the respect of the fellow Gears players.

And no you don't criticize on someones feelings towards something. He asked "what is YOUR feelings on this" I gave my feelings and you might feel different but don't laugh at how I feel about something.. Pretty much you and your buddy need the life for assuming just because someones better at something you assume that. I know people who played the game all since it was out and I'm better then they are. And they play constantly. When I see someone who does really good I normally say Good Game in message when I have to get off.

If you don't respect players for there efforts then good for you. But I do.
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:36 am

is this some clan rivalry going on guys? :p

the last time i was tempted to send a player a good game message it turned out to be a hacked account playing a loop, it discouraged me Sad
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:38 am

Azrahgade wrote:
Publik NME no1 wrote:

That's why guys like Like Butter, Golden Glove, and all those guys like them on YouTube get paid for a living from the respect of the fellow Gears players.

And no you don't criticize on someones feelings towards something. He asked "what is YOUR feelings on this" I gave my feelings and you might feel different but don't laugh at how I feel about something.. Pretty much you and your buddy need the life for assuming just because someones better at something you assume that. I know people who played the game all since it was out and I'm better then they are. And they play constantly. When I see someone who does really good I normally say Good Game in message when I have to get off.

If you don't respect players for there efforts then good for you. But I do.
Fair enough, I just feel that the words respect and disrespect are thrown about a little too lightly. I respect someone that fights for what they believe, or someone who has made the most of what they've got (for example). Not because they can hit a head shot on a game of Gears.... That's just shallow IMO.

BTW when I use LOL it means I'm being light hearted or joking about what I'm saying (Which I thought was obvious). You're very quick to jump on the defensive.
Back to top Go down
UNV Rasta
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 16
Gamertag : UNV Rasta
GOW cash : 18

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:51 pm

absolutely hate the crap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feelings on kill stealing   feelings on kill stealing Empty

Back to top Go down

feelings on kill stealing
Page 1 of 1