Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question about Booster Map Pack, please help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lionalio
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 3
GOW cash : 5

question about Booster Map Pack, please help Empty
PostSubject: question about Booster Map Pack, please help   question about Booster Map Pack, please help EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:30 am

Hello everyone,
I'm a new guy in gears of war 3, I have the game in English, but i'm living in France, so when I go to the Xbox Market, all the DLC (including the Booster Map Pack I mention here) will be in French. I wonder if I have any chance to find the Booster Map in English?
Because I tried to download it to my console, but it seems not to be matched with the game, and consequently I cannot play on the versus, horde, beast modes (the game always ask me to download the required package, although I've downloaded it many times).

Can anyone suggest some solution? I'll appreciate any help,
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: question about Booster Map Pack, please help   question about Booster Map Pack, please help EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:13 am

Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
lionalio
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: question about Booster Map Pack, please help   question about Booster Map Pack, please help EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:19 am

Corroded wrote:
Here is a link, i hope it works for you.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Booster-Map-Pack/47782f9e-0ee6-4763-9e0d-01735b0625de

Thank you for the link, unfortunately this is not available at my xbox market, because this is in US. My marketplace now is in France, so the Booster Map should be in French. Any suggestion how to copy the file from PC/Mac to XBOX when I successfully download it to my PC? Or more simple, find the English version of the map in French marketplace?
Cheers,
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: question about Booster Map Pack, please help   question about Booster Map Pack, please help EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:37 am

i had this problem when i moved to finland from england, lost all my dlc for gears 2, after weeks talking to people at xbox live i got an answer of ' Xbox marketplace purchases do not cross countries'

Last edited by BigStu4q on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

PostSubject: Re: question about Booster Map Pack, please help   question about Booster Map Pack, please help EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:43 am

only other thing i can think of to help is, type it in a search engine for the France xbox marketplace or try to find the one you are looking for, sorry the link couldnt help you.
Back to top Go down
lionalio
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: question about Booster Map Pack, please help   question about Booster Map Pack, please help EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:49 am

Ok finally I found a solution, although this is not the ultimate one, I hope this is useful for the one who has the same problem as mine:

- Access your "locale" in the "Language and Locale" in "Console Settings". To access this, remove your control safety from your parental control.
- Change your "locale" to the English-speaking nation (US, UK, etc) or the nation that you want to.
- Say yes to whatever the game asks you. This is no harm, so feel free to do so.
- Open and play the game, now you can access to every content that you missed (as i did also)
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

PostSubject: Re: question about Booster Map Pack, please help   question about Booster Map Pack, please help EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:11 am

nice congrats!
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: question about Booster Map Pack, please help   question about Booster Map Pack, please help EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:08 am

yeh good solution, i will probably use it in future
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about Booster Map Pack, please help   question about Booster Map Pack, please help Empty

Back to top Go down

question about Booster Map Pack, please help
Page 1 of 1