Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??

Go down 
+2
nulgath
tymboslycebouncez
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tymboslycebouncez
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
tymboslycebouncez

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 88
Gamertag : n33dWaLLz2PLaY
GOW cash : 102

RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? Empty
PostSubject: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:47 am

so the gnasher had a 2 piece in GOW 2....well it has evolved to the retro lancer..........not sure if i like da fact dat u can still kill sumbody with a "failed" retro charge...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tymboslyce
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:38 am

thats true, it happened to me when i first played gears of war 3, i was just starting but i got lv 10 straight away, but i could've had lv 11 but the guy killed me with a failed charge, at that time i only used grenadier elite
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:53 pm

You can kill someone by hitting them with your melee attack twice with most weapons.

That doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Any starting weapon in the game can spank a retro charge if you're facing the person charging, and if you're not facing him and don't evade then you kind of deserve to die.
Back to top Go down
KEYBOYY
New Recruit
New Recruit
KEYBOYY

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 6
Gamertag : KEYBOYY804
GOW cash : 8

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 am

I got retro 2 pieced last night....it was probably the most unfortunate things that has happened to me since i played the gears series...and probably the gayest...

Melee + shotgun shels out of retro + melee vs. point blank gnasher shells from me = quick embarrassing death of me
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:36 am

Bots do it too lol now that really fukin winds me up when I get 2 pieced by a bot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:11 am

yh i lost yesterday 600xp from grifin as he pieced me too, damm i nearly had it!!!
Back to top Go down
2pacalypse Now
New Recruit
New Recruit
2pacalypse Now

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 16
GOW cash : 18

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Good timing with the Gnasher usually stops it!!
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Any primary stops it if you use it decently.

I'd argue hip spray lancer or retro are better due to the more consistent stopping power during the charge, but an active gnasher blast that's on target (and if they're charging, you have no excuse not to be on target) will kill or down at what, more than triple the range of the retro charge actually connecting?

Alternatively, you can just roll sideways.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:19 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:
Any primary stops it if you use it decently.

I'd argue hip spray lancer or retro are better due to the more consistent stopping power during the charge, but an active gnasher blast that's on target (and if they're charging, you have no excuse not to be on target) will kill or down at what, more than triple the range of the retro charge actually connecting?

Alternatively, you can just roll sideways.

I was going to suggest this but that thing sucks you in or you are a magnet to it. Same with the chainsaw being revved up at you it sucks you in I'm sure they have some hoover capabilities lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:24 am

The sucking effect is client side hit detection as far as I can tell. It's also the reason frags teleport-kill you and the boom shot is literally impossible to dodge sometimes. It's also the reason you can get shot by people who don't round the corner yet, THEN they appear.

Still, client side detection is the better solution, because otherwise you'd have on-target shots that don't count and that's even less acceptable. As long as epic doesn't go retard mode on us and introduce the laughingstock garbage "compensation" system seen in mw3 it will be solid.........

This is also why it seems like your shotgun blast should have gibbed them but they still impale you by the way. On their screen, they were just a little closer than they appeared on yours.

Servers don't eliminate this problem entirely because people have ping to the servers too, but they do help very very much. Servers + client side are possibly the biggest reason why the ARs *seem* so much stronger than in past games.
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:48 am

well but sometimes people play offline and it still happens though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??   RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE?? Empty

Back to top Go down

RETRO LANCER 2 PIECE??
Page 1 of 1