Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need help to get better at gears

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hbgrotp
New Recruit
New Recruit
hbgrotp

Clan : SKN
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 10
Gamertag : KG Angelic
GOW cash : 14

need help to get better at gears Empty
PostSubject: need help to get better at gears   need help to get better at gears EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:20 am

hello everyone. im new to the forurm. so i started playing gears the first time that gears of war 3 came out, i got very good at it, then i got sucked into another game. i recently started playing gears again and i really suck now. i was wondering if there is any good players out there tha twill teach me how to be a better gears player, how to die less etc...

also i have posted in the clan fourm but im looking for a clan to join
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: need help to get better at gears   need help to get better at gears EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:37 am

theres a few weapon tutorials that will help you out with the basic manoevures (sp?) but the best lesson is just to grind it out, as you play more you will get better its mainly just about putting the time in. if you wanna add me up we can get a game together.

theres alot of clans on here that recruit, although i'll suggest hammer strikes, as its the clan im in :p lol
Back to top Go down
hbgrotp
New Recruit
New Recruit
hbgrotp

PostSubject: Re: need help to get better at gears   need help to get better at gears EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:44 am

thanks dude! i would love to play with you i will be on xbox later. my gamertag is KG Angelic so umm send me a friend request or something. as for the Hammer Strikes any specific requirements to join? and im a hardcore gears player so i am more than willing to change my gamertag if needed Smile
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: need help to get better at gears   need help to get better at gears EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:18 am

no requirements really, theres an application thread in the clans section that kyrat (leader) started and its asks for k-d and w-l ratio but i dont think it matters.

i might not make it on tonight, had a busy weekend, ill add you next time im online though
Back to top Go down
hbgrotp
New Recruit
New Recruit
hbgrotp

PostSubject: Re: need help to get better at gears   need help to get better at gears EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:55 am

alright i will talk to you when the time comes then thanks
Back to top Go down
Zid0x
New Recruit
New Recruit
Zid0x

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 2
Gamertag : Zid0x
GOW cash : 2

PostSubject: Re: need help to get better at gears   need help to get better at gears EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:42 am

Hi guys, actually I am having a similar prob. Got a fresh new X360 las week and I bought it with GoW 3 since I wanted to start with the exclusive franchise and after reading great reviews about it.

I finished the Campaign mode and now started playing Multiplayer. Since I'm new to playing X360 (Long time PC Gamer) I'm having serious trouble getting the hang of it, adding that up to the fact I'm new to GoW style of playing (always played CoD type FPS's) , My K/D and W/L is embarassing and have recieved up to now, 2 hate messages telling me to sell my game (LOL) , people are actually pretty rude in there. I know it takes time to get around the gameplay, but any additional tips would be welcome, since I feel really bummed out that I come from playing PC and being really really good at it and now sucking HUGE TIME in X360.

Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: need help to get better at gears   need help to get better at gears EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:21 am

Well, you're looking at two completely different worlds, there....PC vs. Console is waaaay different....I wouldn't worry too much about the jackholes giving you a hard time....they just don't have anything better to do....I think you'll find the people on this forum tend to be a bit more understanding of people new to the game and we welcome you to the franchise...feel free to add me if you want to play sometime. GT: Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
Zid0x
New Recruit
New Recruit
Zid0x

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 2
Gamertag : Zid0x
GOW cash : 2

PostSubject: Re: need help to get better at gears   need help to get better at gears EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:29 am

griz696 wrote:
Well, you're looking at two completely different worlds, there....PC vs. Console is waaaay different....I wouldn't worry too much about the jackholes giving you a hard time....they just don't have anything better to do....I think you'll find the people on this forum tend to be a bit more understanding of people new to the game and we welcome you to the franchise...feel free to add me if you want to play sometime. GT: Phenom 247

Hey man Thanks ! , yeah it's a new world with the Console. But I'm getting used to it, and yeah, those Aholes don't seem to get an idea of life Cool . I'll send you the request on Xlive right away, and we'll maybe play sometime and you'll watch me die a gazillion times haha Wink

my GT : Zid0x
Back to top Go down
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: need help to get better at gears   need help to get better at gears EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:39 am

Aim/evasion skill is important, but not as important as movement choices and knowledge. The gains in effectiveness will be much more apparent in the latter especially at first because let's face it, no matter how good you are at aiming or wall bouncing if you walk into the open and 2 people lancer you with no cover in any direction for a while you're going to die.

Think of it like this: aim/wallbounce is what separates good players from truly great players, while movement choices and knowledge is what separates bad/average players from good players.

So what constitutes good movement choices? Some tips:

1. Help your team control the power weapons. That means you pick them up and learn them if you can pick them up safely, or you cover teammates trying to get them. Prevent enemies from getting them. The extent this matters depends on the map, but power weapons are usually an important factor in winning regardless. Special priority to the boom shot, the strongest weapon in the game.

2. Move into areas where you can quickly damage or kill enemies on the map almost immediately. Think mulcher on azure, scorcher on sandbar, mulcher/concession on thrashball, mortars on trenches, mortars on mercy. You should see a common pattern with these locations: If you are at these areas, you can spot + shoot almost anywhere on the map. Control these areas with your team and the other side will be forced into taking predictable routes and will often die outright. As you gain experience, you can swap between being the guys in these area or one of the 1-2 guys moving around opening up crosses (situations where one or the other person can shoot an enemy behind cover no matter which side he takes on it) for the guys in said areas.

3. Play with a sensitivity you're comfortable with, but bear in mind that with lower sensitivities you'll have to lean on hipfire more. Hip fire goes to the bottom-left part of the middle of the screen. Gnasher and lancer have excellent hipfire so they're good to use in this capacity. Sawed-off obviously has good hipfire too but it's more of a trolling weapon than actually good.

4. Use the right weapon in the right situation. ARs are better than shotguns when the shotgun can't hit people. Shotguns are much better than ARs at close range when there are actually enemies within their range. Bullets travel much faster than people. If you want to maximize damage and killing potential, you have to use the right weapon in each situation. What you never want to have happen are situations where you could badly damage or kill an enemy (or save a teammate + kill an enemy) but are unable to do so because you have the wrong weapon out.

5. Active reloads: With the exception of the longshot (headshots will always kill, body shots will never down by themselves) and the sawed off (derp), most weapons benefit tremendously from active reloads. I do not advocate wasting power weapon ammo just to get actives, but ANY non-sawed of starting weapon should pretty much ALWAYS have a few rounds of actives damage boost in the chamber before engaging. Doing so increases the 1-shot range of the gnasher and GREATLY reduces the time needed to down someone with an AR. Gnasher isn't that hard to active reload, but the lancer is so easy it's comical (and it has the most benefit from actives, too). Having an active boost in gears is a lot like having stopping power damage boost in call of duty. Use it.

Basically, when you play and die, ask yourself "WHY did I die"?

- If you lost a face-to-face fight, then you got beat on aim skill + timing. No major adjustments needed, just practice dodging + aim more and you'll start winning more of these eventually.

- If you got killed without the ability to even fight back, you did something stupid or your team is spawn trapped. Make careful notes of these kinds of deaths, and do what you can to avoid them. You can't do a lot about being spawn trapped once you are (that's why map control is important, after all), but if you're just running into situations where you get surprise-gnashered and gibbed before you can react or you are getting shot down + finished in the open by AR, you're definitely doing something stupid. Everyone makes these mistakes at first, but what separates good players from people who stay bad forever is their ability to learn and adjust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help to get better at gears   need help to get better at gears Empty

Back to top Go down

need help to get better at gears
Page 1 of 1